ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

my phase 1 titanium

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
I'm getting a few cars plastidipped. . Special offer £250 a car. ..
Cant imagine it'd be much to do the front end. ..

Clio 172 phase 1 sc
Had some bad news last night/this morning the car sounds really bad won't tick over smokes lots and smells a mix between over fueling and a knackered cat smell. Anyone ever had a collapsed cat I am going to order a decat and a new cat back system while I'm there any recommendations of what's the best to get?
on another note the car looks so nice now!

Clio 172 phase 1 sc
Well I am going to pressure test it in the morning but it doesn't show any signs of engine fault. And you can smell the cat eggy smell I can rev it up and it sounds fine it's really on idle it struggles to tick over!

Clio 172 phase 1 sc
I didn't check them yet but I can Tommorow the plugs are newish few months and leads about a year. Both with less than 1000 miles on them

Clio 172 phase 1 sc
Ok,
The plugs are caked in soot, all cylinders come up to 170psi so I'm going to get new plugs in the morning and fit a decat when it turns up.
hopefully that will sort out the problem.

Clio 172 phase 1 sc
The car is all fixed and running fine again, decat fitted along with megane f4rt spark plugs.
i just hope it stays that way!

Clio 172 phase 1 sc
image.jpg image.jpg image.jpg

It won't let me upload my other pictures at the moment but this is how it's looking after the spray, it's still not running right so I've ordered a new thermostat and coolant temp sensor to see if that fixes it as the new plugs where fine for a short test drive, but the car was running too rich and soaked the plugs again!

Clio 172 phase 1 sc
After about a month and nearly £2000 the car has fired up and is nearly back on track. after replacing lots of engine senors, a de cat, lambda sensor, throttle body i decided to buy a new ecu and use my old uncut original engine loom and hey presto it started.
i think i found the problem while replacing the loom, there was a couple of rusty pins on the ec1 ecu. but as i had paid for a gen90 it made sence to carry on with the job.
the only problem now is that it needs a re map and i have no idea where to take it.
anyway i finished work early today so i thought id give it a good clean.
It didnt stay clean for long thanks to a little bird flying past!!!!