ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Nissan 200sx S14a **Jap Crap Content**

looking good gaz!!! mine passed the mot today first time too!!! they didn't do an emissions test though lol! we started to digital camo it today as well lol... not sure if i like it or not... but its only vinyl so will come off easy lol

Yeah mine had a special emissions test ;). Will have a look in your thread to see the camo!

What a day I had yesterday! Met up with some colleagues for a jaunt across the Vale of York and up into the Moors.

The car didn't perform faultlessly though, about 18 miles out of Whitby I noticed a lot of blue smoke in the mirror. I thought "s**t, the turbo seals have finally died." However, the smoke stayed constant no matter what I did with the throttle, so I dived into a lay-by. Looked under the car to see oil dripping off the exhaust. Oh dear. First thought was the turbo oil feed, but that was fine. A quick look through the arch showed it was the turbo oil return into the sump. So we managed to cobble a temporary repair out of a VX220 gearbox breather mod at the side of the road. This was quite awkward given limited space on the scissor jack, and basic tools. An hour later it was up and running.

I've since repaired properly it using an old breather hose I had kicking about. Proper fix on the left, roadside repair on the right...

9548e140.jpg

Gave the car a good pasting though, and created a lot of brake dust!

de7324dc.jpg

I had to laugh when I got home and saw all this burnt on oily, dusty cack around the exhaust!

e6076c18.jpg

I also rubbed through my screen wash hose, but I'll sort that another day.
One thing driving me mad is the exhaust still sounds like it's blowing under load. It shouldn't be, everything I touched is nice and tight. I wonder if it's a trait of an exhaust system with a wastegate divider?

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
the waste gate divider is it a solid welded in or a bolted in one?? i know there were a few people who used to say they would vibrate making a strange noise...

Got my 18" Regas on today. 18x9.5 ET18 225/40 all round. Tried leaving 20mm spacers on the rear, but ran into this issue...

a07ea27a.jpg

That was with my jack still taking some weight, stupid bent subframe!

Got them all on without any spacers...

2b858212.jpg

Look awesome. Unfortunately the car now feels s**t to drive. It tramlines a bit more, and the rear end feels like it wants to do it's own thing when changing direction. So I don't really like that. No suspension parts are loose so pass on that problem. All I know is I'm very quickly getting bored of suspension/handling issues.

Matt Cup

ClioSport Club Member
  Leon Cupra
New wheels look awesome!

Would a full geo check not sort out the handling issues?

RThat's why I've got another subframe to fit Daniel, it's been that way since the smash, just 18" wheels show it more.

Doubt it, it had the geo done and it hasn't changed. It needs a new subframe, probably new ball joints all round etc.
May be a bent chassis though, can't rule it out. If a new subframe doesn't put that wheel in the right position then it's fucked.

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
LOL at how f**king mean it looks in that last pic!

<3 the Gazwagon.

Clio Mk2 PH1 1.4 16v
geo will show up an issue. well it should, specially if something is bent. the arms ok? might not jsut be the subframe. its nice though

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Looks great. Where should i be looking for rust on these other than the obvious places?

Evo 6, E92 320d
Strut towers, sills, windscreen, arches, boot lid, behind the rear bumper and behind the front bumper... the only place that seems safe is the roof lol.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Strut towers, sills, windscreen, arches, boot lid, behind the rear bumper and behind the front bumper... the only place that seems safe is the roof lol.

Ta. Its been years since ive had one but looking to get back in the sx game. I went to look at one but it had a patch underneath that had been welded already. I couldnt see any more but im guessing it'll be there somewhere..haha

geo will show up an issue. well it should, specially if something is bent. the arms ok? might not jsut be the subframe. its nice though
I had alignment done after I swapped out the bent bits (except the subframe), and it aligned up OK. It was obvious the subframe was bent from the big difference in arm lengths to get the same figures each side.

They are, aren't they?

Came in a Rota box, so maybe?

Looks great. Where should i be looking for rust on these other than the obvious places?

Also the fuel filler area in the O/S/R arch, around the fuel tank (that isn't undersealed in the factory!). Well, pretty much everywhere really. They're quite prone to rotting from the inside out it seems.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Also the fuel filler area in the O/S/R arch, around the fuel tank (that isn't undersealed in the factory!). Well, pretty much everywhere really. They're quite prone to rotting from the inside out it seems.

Ok, ta. Well if theyre rotted where i can see its going to be rotted where i cant..i'll stay away from that.

Might buy a diesel and save for a S15..

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah most 14's seem to be dying or chavs have got hold of them.

I need a 15 to match my mini version..haha

6022969900_4f4df58255_z.jpg