ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Nissan 200sx S14a **Jap Crap Content**

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
I looked for this today as I saw you were at fast show on fb, couldn't see it though :(

fine until you decide to play with them lol! like any jap car you do one thing and 5 others need uprating lol!

Don't I know it!

Gaz has this car ever been driven?

Looks like it's been in bits since you got it. Bit like Alice's. :eek:

I've put about 3.5k on it since last year lol.

Looks great! Not 100% on the wheels now they're on the car... hmm.

I love them tbh, although white + 1144s = black very soon. They do grow on you, and a better picture is needed TBH. Might just wait now until my spacers arrive, that will improve it a lot.

I looked for this today as I saw you were at fast show on fb, couldn't see it though :(

I was opposite the visitor's car park. It was very visible where it was, but nobody ventured down there really.

Last edited:
So...

Cleaned up the coilovers yesterday and raised it up. Fiddled with a side repeater that only works in certain positions :rolleyes:, fiddled with the handbrake (boy does it lock the wheels now) and sacrificed a Lamb to the MOT gods.

Today was the big day, and it passed :D Only advisory was to renew the remaining hard brake lines for next year, which I did think he would mention.

Charged Superleggera
looks good gaz.Love the wheels and spacers will make a nice difference once their on aswell. Glad the mot went smooth. Got mines coming up at the end of the month.

Spacers arrived. And were the wrong size :( I asked for 25mm and 30mm anodised, got sent 20mm and 25mm non anodised. Won't be using that company again.

Anyway, due to a lack of reply to my issue, I decided to relower the car and try the spacers. 25mm up front, 20mm rear. This makes an effective 17x8 ET10 front, 17x9 ET18 rear.

And the results, kinda-flush. I think my original 30mm and 25mm would have been pretty much spot on :( Anyway, the images...

dd8932ec.jpg

bf399214.jpg

a2942f96.jpg

Rear

07f937ff.jpg

Front

Hixle

Hi Kiss Luke E****
ClioSport Club Member
  E90 M3
I wasn't sure on the white on the last page but actually really like it now, the shape of the Regas wear's the colour so well.

Great work fella :approve:

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Noooo needs more spacing. My mates just fitted 10's on his. This is your worst nightmare ey -

208802_10150160086043220_673133219_6763477_2379642_n.jpg

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
Haha i know Chris...

Can you not send them back? Another 5mm would look awesome.

They took 4 weeks to come, and the guy never replies to emails. I have no number for him, nor a website. If I can get hold of him I will, but TBH, I might just get some 30s elsewhere and flog the 20s on.

Then 30mm (effective ET5) front and 25mm (effective ET13) rear, should look pretty much as I want it. Might also knock the front camber to about -2 rather than the -2.5 it's at now, just to gain a couple of mm closer to the arch.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
did you get them off my guy??? if so i will get you contact details for him!! that takes the piss im sorry he has messed up like that!!

Been having another look at this, as something isn't right. The passenger side is where I want it if I add 5mm. The driver's side isn't.

Pics to illustrate...
16b21823.jpg

Then a close up of each side. Tried to get in the same position...

cb85023a.jpg

Passenger side

25db1a61.jpg

Driver side

So, either the flares are different, or the geometry is out.
Now, the flares are clearly hand done. However, the driver's side is the side that took the most damage in my kerb incident. Camber is the same according to my bubble gauge, but the rest may be different. I do know the subframe is out of line a bit on that side so that could be the cause.

Also I'm now thinking 35mm up front.

_Tom

ClioSport Club Member
My bora is like that and just about every mk4. Not to that extreme though. But then mine has a rear beam.

Scrooge

ClioSport Moderator
  E55 AMG
Will it just be a case of loosening the subframe and centralising it, or is it bent?

I know for sure the subframe is bent. I can make up the geometry differences in the adjustable arms, but I can't make up this difference. Good excuse to refurbish a subframe and polybush it though.

I also now have to investigate the horrendous noise from driving over a catseye, which was followed by a sudden urge to want to pull hard left rather than straight on, with lots of wheel wobble.

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
i will send him a message on a board he is frequent on

as for that subframe WOW! i would buy a second hand frame and take your time poly bushing it then swap it over in a day

MaLicE

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
  Lazy v8
kaaz is noisy if your gonna say get the nismo pro 2 way, you can adjust how hard or soft it locks... but still going 1.5 or 2 way is a big step i would go for a ride in a car with one, anyone who gets in your car will think its fucked... might be better to look at a s15 torsen...