ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new Iceberg - 2 Days On!!!

Iceberg 172
Well I've got my Iceberg after the Cup being written off :(

I got it from Chelmsford on Sunday, here's what it looked like when I picked it up...

Picture080.jpg

Picture030.jpg

Picture033.jpg

I then got it home and put my Turini's from my Cup straight on. Last night I fitted my 300mm Momo Team wheel and on Saturday (which i never got round to fitting to my cup!) (shame I don't really like the std wheel as the std wheel in the new 172 is mint!!!) I'm fitting my coilies, I wanted to get some pics pre coilies so I can have a good comparable pic!

Here it is so far (Sorry the light was fading when I got home!)

DSCF0880.jpg

DSCF0877.jpg

DSCF0876.jpg

DSCF0879.jpg

DSCF0878.jpg

Plans are to get a splitter (not sure what to go for yet), get my Cup Spoiler off, then pretty much leave it. If I can get my hands on some Recaro's then I will, but I'm loving it atm.

I personally can't tell much difference between my Cup and this... my Cup was marginally quicker and had more low down torque but it had a decat, cat back and I think it was remapped as the rev limiter was higher on it than this new 172. But not a lot quicker, I'll be leaving the exhaust std on the new one as I think it sounds nice and as I have to use it everyday and go to clients in it it's nice to be able to pass it off as a non boy racer car!!! So I'll be selling the decat and ktec stealth.

The steering wheel is perfect imo, I had the 280mm momo team in my old polo and that was too small, but this one is just spot on. I can still see the whole rev counter etc, I've been able to move the seat further forward as my knees aren't hitting it all the time now so I don't have to stretch for 1st gear! (I swear I have really long legs and short arms!!!).

I'm loving the interior, the xenon's, the quietness, the petrol economy!!!!! (I done 50 miles today on normal roads, not driving like a tool but certainly not driving like a granny and I got nearly 35mpg!!!!!.

Few pics of my poor old Cup looking very sorry for itself! :(

DSCF0882.jpg

DSCF0881.jpg

Megane 225 F1
Wow that steering wheels looks OEM. Lower it and you have yourself a very very VERY nice motor

Focus ST170
Hey Steve like the new one with the turinis on! looks well.

What are you doing with the standard wheel from the 172?
J

Iceberg 172
Wow that steering wheels looks OEM. Lower it and you have yourself a very very VERY nice motor

It's the best steering wheel ever!!!! Feels so nice but the biggest you can get is 300mm which puts some people off i guess... it's big enough though!

Thank you! - I can't wait for saturday to get it dropped... I can't remember the last car i've owned which has sat at std ride height!

Iceberg 172
yeh i remember the thread, nice to see you got another one

There's nothing else out there for the money that even comes close to the RS 1*2's imo... I test drove an MG ZR 160 (and although the one i drove was a dog) it felt cheap, slow and shite.

Jamie

ClioSport Club Member
Looks nice that, I even like the steering wheel which is odd for me.

You'll get alot of cash for the Cup if willing and arsed to break it down into a million pieces.

BG 182 FF
the iceburg is looking very nice and better with the turinis on, sorry to see a cup like that though

Iceberg 172
hhmmm me too... it was the first car since my 106 GTI (ages ago!) that i can honestly say i loved!

But i now love this one!

Iceberg FTW!

thanks.

DB.

BMW 440i
Would love to fit that wheel to my RB but dont want to lose the CC! :(

Looking alot better already!

Iceberg 172
Would love to fit that wheel to my RB but dont want to lose the CC! :(

Looking alot better already!

ah! (it took me a while to figure out what cc was!!! I forgot 182's had that!)

hhmmm, It'd be a big job to try and reposition the switch etc... lose it! CC scares the life out of me! I used it in my TT once and that was it! lol.

Thank you!

DB.

BMW 440i
Its often not very useful, but when going through average speed cameras in the night down the motorway, it makes everything very simple!

Steering wheel melt isnt too bad either, so nothing id do in the short term!

Titanium 182
Get the spoiler off your cup sprayed and put onto your new one. They sell for about £120 on here !

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I'll take the spoiler off yours mate... pwease!

Cup looks like it was tidy, oh and that new steering wheel is MINT.

I think these leather aftermarket wheels look SO much better than the seude alternatives which go shiny and 'orrible after a short period of time.

Iceburg looks so much better on the Turini's but its crying out to be lowered.

Iceberg 172
Nope! After the crash I found out that the airbag was disconnected and resistors were in the plugs so it obviously had an aftermarket wheel in there previously.

passenger side should probably still of gone off? suprised and slightly concerned that it didnt. the idea behind the resistors is that it fools the system into thinking its a complete circuit, switching off the lights and meaning the passenger airbag still works. i can deal with me not having a airbag, thats my choice, the mrs however in the passenger seat, she's ugly enough as it is, dont want her face being mullered by the top of dash because the bag didnt go off.

hmm...

RB One Eight Two
Christ, that is scary stuff that they didn't go off. I wrote off my 1st 1.2, I lost it round a bend and hit a 2 foot concrete post and every single airbag went off.

Back on topic lol, the Iceberg looks lovely, prefer the 5 spoke wheels though.