ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My new Black track toy :)

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk5 Golf GTI :)
Tbh mate im not (famous last words). I just need to move the seat forward a touch, adjust the harness and purchase some track wheels or tyres. Im intruiged as to wether this has different cams. Ive been in lumpy clio's before this sounds different.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Unsure on the cage as the lad who owned it got his mate to make it (i think). Just adjusted the harness and tilted the seat forward. Its like a bloody go kart :)

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Lol, cheers for the faith jim. Chii I'm not sure what two days I've got off this week, if one is wed I will pop down

Tbh mate im not (famous last words). I just need to move the seat forward a touch, adjust the harness and purchase some track wheels or tyres. Im intruiged as to wether this has different cams. Ive been in lumpy clio's before this sounds different.

Get it on the dyno? Surely tha'll give you a good enough idea from the power figures. Or is that 174 as it stands up to date? (he could have added things after the dyno run)

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Tbh it drives and goes very well. I may at some point do it but at the moment going to concentrate on getting it to how I want it

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Changes the temp sensor and seems to be better. Even when warm its popping lol. Must be something to do with either a) the map or b) maybe a different set of cams in it. Will see how I get on

Yeah, tbh I'm after a Mk4 Astra GSi, but all the ones I've been to see have higher miles, rust, oil leaks and loads of other problems, and for more money than my Clio, which needs nothing doing and is very clean and healthy. I'm gonna sort the minor details (starting with wheel refurb next week) and keep it and enjoy it :)

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Don't blame you mate. I've come to realise for the money they are hard to beat. Take it easy :)

Astra GSI, Clio 172
Was working on mine just then and you went past, Does have a lumpy idle sounds similar to mine( which is cammed).

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Had a busy ish couple of days fitting new parts for peace of mind. A couple of new additions, ktec induction kit and after much deliberation on what tyres to try for my trackday and general use i opted for the ad08's. Will be fitted wed all being well which gives me a few days to bed them in.

imprezaworks

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah mate. Tbh it's not immaculate but I didn't want an immaculate track car, made no sense especially knowing what I'm like keeping it clean etc. don't get me wrong though it will be getting the usual Sunday wash and polish. Just more of a fun car that stands me sensible money. Saying that I've spent about £500 allready but meh!. Trackdays and fun, that's the plan. Can't wait for the tyres to arrive though :)