ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Powerflex black bushes longevity in wishbones

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
Evening,

Steering in my 182 is feeling increasingly sloppy/like having a lot of torque steer.

Initially thought it was the winter tyres, unevenly wearing PS3 or the diff but it's getting worse so I'm now thinking it might be in the wishbones or balljoints.

Track rods/ends have been replaced in the last 1000 miles followed by alignment.

How long do the black series bushes last in the wishbones? They've done about 20-25k miles now, road and track.

How much difference is there between powerflex black and OEM wishbone bushes when new and how long do the OEM bushes last?

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
Evening,

Steering in my 182 is feeling increasingly sloppy/like having a lot of torque steer.

Initially thought it was the winter tyres, unevenly wearing PS3 or the diff but it's getting worse so I'm now thinking it might be in the wishbones or balljoints.

Track rods/ends have been replaced in the last 1000 miles followed by alignment.

How long do the black series bushes last in the wishbones? They've done about 20-25k miles now, road and track.

How much difference is there between powerflex black and OEM wishbone bushes when new and how long do the OEM bushes last?
I haven’t used Powerflex but did 35,000 on strong flex bushes which were similar grade. They were still tight when I sold it.

Reactions: MLB

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Had my black series in for about 20-25k miles and a few trackdays

I did fit big washers so that the bushes have less forwards anc backward movement and torqued them up with weight on the hub too. I've got some stronglflex yellows up for sale atm if you do need some new bushes

Reactions: MLB

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
I'll whip a wheel off and see if I can find anything with obvious play in it.

@Chode Lint I'll see if I can find obvious play, already have a set of lemforder balljoints ready to go on or otherwise just replace both wishbones with OEM.

MLB

ClioSport Club Member
You were right @Chode Lint, replaced balljoints today, difference is night and day. None of the annoying torque steer or vagueness anymore.

Even though the ones that came off didn't seem to have too much play.