ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Meg CC Problems!

Abarth Grande Punto
Okay i have had my Meg CC for just under a month now after selling my 182, not that i have driven it much as i have been away! Not too impressed so far as i have been having loads of problems!

Firstly the roof rattles are driving me mad! My dad says its just body flex but im not convinsed it should be that bad/loud!

Secondly my brakes are scretching abit, i think they just need cleaning but still annoying!

Thirdly, i have keyless entry, when you get in the car but foot on brake/clutch and start from cold it fires up okay but it doesnt sound like it is firing properly?? When you lightly press the accelerator it cancels this out and it iddles properly, dont know if this is spark plugs?? Im not sure.

Fourthly, When putting the roof down you have the plastic cover which comes down between rear seats and boot, this works okay except for when in the last stage this flap comes down and the boot lid folds over the small plastic lip and secures it. Well this is what it should do! My plastic cover comes down to late so just sits on the painted boot lid instead of under it. Im hoping this is just an adjustment! I hope you know what i mean!!!

Moving on! When you have the roof down the car seems to shake alot, again my pa thinks this is just body flex typical of convertibles, i cant comment as ive never had one before! Is this normal?? The last owner did put 2 budget tyres on the front so i think this doesnt help so might swap for the contis on the back.

Finally saving the best for last!!!!
The roof leaks!!!! Stuck it through the car wash for the first time on friday and i got soaked! Was gutted as i knew this might happen but hoped not to me! The water leaked just above the windowscreen pillar, from where the window meets the rubber seals. It pissed all over the me and the passenger seat so both sides in the same place. Easily fixed??

This is it for now i think. Took the car back the trader saturday who is going to take it to a Reanult dealer in the week to get them to look at. He was really good about it and has given me a Ford Puma for a week :mad:
As you can tell im not too happy, hopefully it will be all sorted but has put me off the car now and beginning to regret it! :(

Abarth Grande Punto
im beginning to wonder why! Wanted something with more boot space and a bit bigger and this come up and thought why not!

e60 M5 -172- dciheid
as i said before i had one on holiday it was ok, but i thought the handling was terrible and it was brand new and rattled like Fcuk

Welcome to the joys of CC ownership, That is why I traded mine in for the 182.

1. Roof rattles are common on the CC, mine did it when the car was two years old. Loose fitting as well.

2. CCs are notorious for their screeching brakes. May need to change the pads if the car's done more than 18000 miles on the original set.

3. Can't help as I had to insert the card and push the button. Always had problems starting first thing in the morning or if it had been stood all day. Would sometimes make a dreadful racket and stop. Never did it at the dealers though!

4. Sounds like the whole mechanics, may need some oil or it may be catching on something.

5. Sounds like you have the dreaded scuttle shake very noticeable when driving over uneven road surfaces. At least the roof rattle goes when you have the hood down.

6. Mine leaked in exactly the same places and usually within a couple of days of having the roof down. There was a recall about the windscreen supports which I had done which seemed to solve the leaking roof for a while. Check that this work has been done.

Apart from that I enjoyed the CC for those days when you could drive around with the roof down.

Do I miss it now? I grin more with the 182 although I don't drive the distances I used to in the CC which was comfortable.

lemonnobby

ClioSport Club Member
sorry to hear this.

1. Roof rattles yea they should do it to some degree (bodyflex) but yours does sound bad proberly some kind of roof adjustment.

2. Brakes there is a renault solution out on this as its a known issue they have to renew discs pads calipers and carriers the solution number is 5024.

3. Idle on start up can be poor on 2.0 it will either be a throttle body clean or a reprogram.

4. They shouldn't shake that much you do get whats known as scuttle shake.

5. Roof leaks renault will have the car a long time for this one to be fixed as theres no other way to put this the roof is cr@p.

Bit slow.

BMW 330d :)
Had one as a courtesy car for 2 months when my car was in for repairs... The best thing I could say about it as said above is its long distance cruising ability.

Bad handling, slow, bad scuttle shake, lots of rattles and the boot leaked really badly....

Wouldnt spend my money on it.

Sell it as soon as!!