ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Kangoo Cup Dci Build Thread

Kangoo 172 Cup ;)
Yes that's the plan. If I can get rid of another 50kg I will be happy with the weight. 6.5j 15" steels are next on the list to get rid of the heavy 172 rims, just seems hard to find a set. Then my tyre choice will be wider, and the rear arches more spacious.

Kangoo 172 Cup ;)
It handles very well, and you don't really notice the height to be fair. It seems to pick the inside front wheels up a bit under hard cornering under hard throttle a bit, but nothing to bad. The clio ARB has helped a lot.

Clio RS 2003
I was wondering... did you research the AWD kangoo model? I noticed it has the same 1.6 engine. If a FWD 172 Kangoo is fun, I wonder how a 4wd one would put the power down...

'bet it would be a great drag car.

172 exclusive no 172
met up and seen the van to day at Pride of Lincoln in person and what a machine... and the sound from the 5 gt exhaust is sweet.

Kangoo 172 Cup ;)
I was wondering... did you research the AWD kangoo model? I noticed it has the same 1.6 engine. If a FWD 172 Kangoo is fun, I wonder how a 4wd one would put the power down...

'bet it would be a great drag car.
I looked into it, but I don't think the box would handle much abuse, and they sit about a foot higher than mine so it would take a lot of work I think. Does not really have any traction issues so far though, but once I have upgraded discs and pads + 15" wheels, it's going upto blyton raceway to see how it handles, then go from there :)

Clio
Makes me miss my r5 work van extra . Lowerd on willy wheels lol awesome

my boss offerd it me when the business went bump for a stupid price . Why didn't I buy it :mad:

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
lovely work mate, i would love to do something like this, Brigsy on RTOC's 5 powered Extra Van van makes me piss as well, nowt like seeing a van hammer round a track :)

batesey

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup Turbo
Havent looked at this thread for ages! we're going to have to get a lincs meet sorted so i can have a look around this! :)

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Lol, is that the white extra? Steels and side exit?

he tends to run steelies on track ai, but Williams wheels in anthracite daily, thing can do 12 second 1/4 mile on drag slicks as well iirc, in a van with a frankensteins monster forehead on it! epic!

Ricardos

ClioSport Club Member
  LY 200 EDC
This van would be absolutely ideal for my line of work as a carpenter, dammit! I'd have to sell the RB to get it :eek: :D

Read the thread all the way through and it's immense

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
Cheers! Shame its got to go :(

Hi All
I joined a couple of days ago as I saw this van for sale and wanted to follow the thread.. After reading it I decided I had to have this van and bought it off ebay.. Just drove it back 90 miles to its new home on the Wirral and haven't stopped smiling. I have to say this is the most fun Ive ever had in a van (driving) :)..
It is super quick and corners like its on rails, what a fantastic job you did building it.
Many Thanks

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
Taxed it and went out for a Blast today, thought Id throw the little van into some corners and it loves it..
Best vehicle Ive ever bought for sheer fun factor... Can't wait for a hot hatch to race from the lights ;)

Just read this thread from start to finish! It's brilliant! What is the insurance like on something like this? I've always thought that companies would run a mile after declaring the engine conversion.

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
Just read this thread from start to finish! It's brilliant! What is the insurance like on something like this? I've always thought that companies would run a mile after declaring the engine conversion.

No idea as I have a trade policy.. Id assume it wouldnt be more than a 172 but don't quote me on that...

Just bought a Trophy and looking at something else so its for sale if your interested, but to be honest everytime I drive it I change my mind :)

I would love this, I really would. Looking for something fun, bit of a weekend car but I need to shift my A3 TDI first. Cars just aren't selling right now, even if they are at good prices!

Chi

Z4, VW172, R26
Sold mine to my Brother.. he hasn't mentioned selling but I can ask. What is your budget?