ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Kangoo Cup Dci Build Thread

Sash

ClioSport Club Member
  A Yellow One
Haha, love it!! I think de-badge, de-wiper it and remove those rear window grilles and do a dark tint on the windows -flame suit on! - after all it is a van and if you keep stuff in there you'd want it more for security purposes?
Are you colour coding it all, or just the rubbing strips on the side?

Are you doing anything to the interior? RS seats? Buckets? Steering wheel?

Kangoo 172 Cup ;)
I think I will be colour coding the side strips and both bumpers.

I am going to fit RS seats, just need to take mine out to see if I can modify the frame as one side sits higher on the van seats.
Steering wheel is also a must at some point.
Gonna tint the rear windows and refit the safety grills afterwards :)

Kangoo 172 Cup ;)
Ash you nutter! lol

Nice little project - I'll keep my eye out for this when I'm around your way

Lol, like to keep myself busy, and having 2 172's on the drive for the last few months does not help with giving me daft ideas.

Let me know when your over this way dude.

Kangoo 172 Cup ;)
Decided to give it a quick clean today, so here are a few pics.

6941587410_a9e9c91ca6.jpg

1 by ashleyt33123, on Flickr
7087665385_594ccbedff.jpg

2 by ashleyt33123, on Flickr

Clio Mk2 PH1 1.4 16v
quality looks good. your right about the rear torsion bars on theres. nightmare when theyve snapped too. weve done a few

Dr HMS Derv Destroyer

ClioSport Club Member
  MK1DTi/vivaro/corsa
Just great , now changed my mind on what to get for a work van, bugger having a tranny connect when this van looks more awsome, ;)

Kangoo 172 Cup ;)
Not to sure which way I am going to go with the intercooler, find a std Dci80 IC or make a custom job. Same with the injectors, I presume the Kangoo Dci70 injectors are the same as the Clio Dci65 units. I would like to aim for 95-100bhp just need to find the most cost-effective way to get to that sort of figure.

Trophy,R26,GSXR1000
I had my Kangoo dci70 mapped at RStuning and it came out with 95bhp and 185lb/ft torque. With an intercooler you should see more, speak to Paul

Kangoo 172 Cup ;)
I had my Kangoo dci70 mapped at RStuning and it came out with 95bhp and 185lb/ft torque. With an intercooler you should see more, speak to Paul
Awesome! Much better than I would have expected. Once the intercooler is sorted, I will give him a bell ;)

Kangoo 172 Cup ;)
Thats awesome, nice to see something different for a change..

Cup spoiler and turinis next? ;) :)
Still not 100% sure what to do about any body parts.
I would like to colour code it all, and being able to see the sills is a little annoying, so something like the RS skirts, but needs to look as OE as possible....

Kangoo 172 Cup ;)
Right folks, got a few ideas, just wondering peoples opinions.

1. 182 exhaust, I will custom cut the same recess into the rear bumper the 182 has. (it will need some fiddling, and the kangoo system exits on the right)
2. Colour coding front and rear bumpers
3. Colour coding side strips
4. Colour coding black panels at the bottom of the rear doors

Just want to see what people think really..

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
Like those crappy mk4 astra vans you see.

Maybe do the front/rear bumper inserts and the bottoms of the rear doors?

(I take no responsibility if it looks shite! lol)

Clio Mk1
I think 182 exhaust would look good, but color code won't. I'd get RS style skirts and paint them same as bumpers and other "black" plastic parts. That would look OEM+.

Kangoo 70 DCi +
what size rear wheel spacers did you have to use?? I've had a SL17 DCi70+ since new as a company van, I map'd it since 1'000 miles its now done nearly 120K and its been faultless, I fitted a DCI 80 intercooler and changed the software a few months ago but its got too much power for the little tyres lol! What size rear spacers have you ended up using??

Kangoo 70 DCi +
mine came from new with color coded front and rear bumpers, I think they came that way when you ordered front fogs and electric mirrors.

Kangoo 172 Cup ;)
So, a few months in, and the Kangoo is still spot on.

I am now collecting parts for the 172 engine and box conversion.........

Kangoo 172 Cup ;)
Just trying to save a little extra cash for the parts / a donor car. The wiring appears to be a hybrid in the Kangoo, it uses the same plugs behind the clocks etc. as a phase 1 172, but has the "fly by wire" throttle loom, so I am going to give a phase 2 loom a crack. If all fails, I will drop the interior loom and clio dash in while the Kangoo dash is out :). But if I can get away without changing the interior wiring for now, it would be oh so nice.

Just trying to save a little extra cash for the parts / a donor car. The wiring appears to be a hybrid in the Kangoo, it uses the same plugs behind the clocks etc. as a phase 1 172, but has the "fly by wire" throttle loom, so I am going to give a phase 2 loom a crack. If all fails, I will drop the interior loom and clio dash in while the Kangoo dash is out :). But if I can get away without changing the interior wiring for now, it would be oh so nice.

Hopefully it'll work, fingers crossed ! Would make it a whole lot easier.

Kangoo 70 DCi +
I've been putting the 172 bits on my Kangoo, you need the phase 1 drives side drive shaft as the two piece ones no good and the mount does not fit on the block

Kangoo 172 Cup ;)
Well folks, things are starting to move fast with the build all of a sudden. I dropped the van on some FK adjustable coilovers a few weeks ago and it is sitting very well.

Most important thing........... I have just picked up my clio 172 donor car, and I have 10 days off work from saturday ;)