ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My inlet manifold polished progress pics!

Golf R/Leon FR
Started polishing my inlet manifold still needs some more work but have spent a while getting it to this stage.

Photo-0007.jpg

with the cover on

Photo-0008.jpg

Photo-0009.jpg

cheers
gareth

Golf R/Leon FR
lee742 said:
looks good, what r u using?

its all done by hand, using sandpaper, different grades then onto wet and dry paper using finer grades till the main scratches dissapear, then metal polish to finish it off. did most of it about three months ago just doing bits at a time

Valver..
looks the dogs mate!! good lil project you got goin on there!!! :D Im thinkin about doin my Manifold and Rover Cover on my Valver!! Wat tools did u use.. brush on a drill????

Valver..
ggggg..... is one arm now bigger then the other!! he he ! wat kind of sand paper..wet and dry.. or emery cloth using corse then movin onto fine???

Golf R/Leon FR
yeah just used really corse sandpaper to get the abrasive stuff off then kept going to a finer grade then onto wet and dry and doing the same,

Golf R/Leon FR
clio head said:
good job... do u have to put a coat of laquear on it. to keep it shinny?

no just polish it with some metal polish then with normal polish i use autoglyms super resin polish.

Golf R/Leon FR
it was taken off the car have been doing it now for about 3 months bit by bit need to do the fuel rail next.

cheers scooby

so you been taking it off every now and then, polishing it, and fitting it back the next day for the past 3 months?

or you mean yoru cars been off the road for 3 months?!

Orange 182
GuyS said:
so you been taking it off every now and then, polishing it, and fitting it back the next day for the past 3 months?

or you mean yoru cars been off the road for 3 months?!

^^ I was wondering the same thing ?

Looks ace btw! ;)

Golf R/Leon FR
i took it off now and then but havent for ages, i had the inlet off for a bout 3 days to do most of it with sand paper, but just leave it on when polishing!! just take the engine cover off.

Golf R/Leon FR
yeah ive not had any problems doing it my dad did it for me the first time as i was buying the sandpaper!!

Looks good, i'd like to do mine at some point. i think i'll get the electric sander on it first off though, lol.

My dad polished the frame of one of his motorbikes when i was younger. Took him weeks of polishing, but looked the muts nuts when it was done.

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
David_Snaresbrook said:
Looks good, i'd like to do mine at some point. i think i'll get the electric sander on it first off though, lol.

I was thinking that ! Wouldn't it be easier and quicker to use a detail sander with a slighty finer grade of paper ?? I used one sanding down the woodwork at home , piece of p*ss litterally took minutes instead of hours with a sanding block .You don't have to press on hard with these , the machine does all the work.

http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/sea...nder&n=&s=0&pn=1&pd=1&pi=1&cn=1&cd=1&x=9&y=13

MrBillyUK !

RenaultSport clio 172 mk2
I would proabably start it with a drill and sanding bit/detail sander using a dremmel to do the fiddly bits then move to some very fine paper and finish by hand and good old autosol. I will probably do it in the summer when I have the inlet and plenum matched, I also want paint the cover the same colour as the car, any suggestions on how?

Golf R/Leon FR
howie p said:
how long does it take to do, hours wise....

to get it to that stage it took me about 12 hrs all in all.

as for using a detail sander i didnt have one but enjoyed doing it that way!!