ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Hesitation on acceleration - Clio 3 R/S 200

Clio Silverstone GP
Having problems with occasional hesitation / kangarooing on accleration, not consistent but when it happens it’s usually in lower rev range, 2k-3k revs. Car has new coil packs, new air filter, new plugs. Possible causes - air mass flow sensor, fuel filter, inlet manifold coking? Anyone had this before and have any hints/ideas?
cheers
Adrian

Clio 3 RS 200 Silverstone GP 2011

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Really common on the Mk3, especially when cold.

Check the map sensor is air tight, some people cable tie it, some people buy a little machined bracket and others like me silicone the b*****d. You can also try replacing the o-ring too, but be careful removing it, pull it up square without using any tools or you will snap it, trust me!

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
They all have this, you just have to be fast at catching it with the clutch. Its annoying and only real way of fixing it is to remap it.

RSRowe

ClioSport Club Member
  Megane 250 Cup
Yeah have read that but this isn’t a flat spot, this is proper power stoppage and then pick up again.. defo something not right! Thanks 👍🏻
634AB228-10EF-4F26-BE46-15C78F688CE9.jpeg

Fair play. For reference, here’s a dyno plot of mine.
You can see the big dip low down. The reality is it’s probably even worse than that, as the plot is smoothed.

If there’s no fault codes it’s very unlikely that you actually have an issue.

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
The first 10/15mins of driving any MK3 RS When cold is horrendous.

With mine I have used PTFT Tape round the sensors so there is a perfect fit and nice and snug, clean out the PVC Valve everyone and then.

Like its been said there is a flat spot and I jointed it even more with a Miltek exhaust & K-Tec Induction kit so went back to standard.

Clio Silverstone GP
View attachment 1625600

Fair play. For reference, here’s a dyno plot of mine.
You can see the big dip low down. The reality is it’s probably even worse than that, as the plot is smoothed.

If there’s no fault codes it’s very unlikely that you actually have an issue.
Quite pronounced, that.. good visual.. no fault codes so perhaps you’re right - just doesn’t feel right at all. Will look at joints/seals on sensors as suggested. Cheers!

Clio Silverstone GP
The first 10/15mins of driving any MK3 RS When cold is horrendous.

With mine I have used PTFT Tape round the sensors so there is a perfect fit and nice and snug, clean out the PVC Valve everyone and then.

Like its been said there is a flat spot and I jointed it even more with a Miltek exhaust & K-Tec Induction kit so went back to standard.
Thanks - tape is a good suggestion, and will clean out PVC valve.. cheers 👍🏻

Clio Silverstone GP
They all have this, you just have to be fast at catching it with the clutch. Its annoying and only real way of fixing it is to remap it.
Thanks, had heard kangarooing was common when cold but this is still happening well after it’s up to temp. Just feels so pronounced I was assuming there’s a problem somewhere.. cheers

MarcB

ClioSport Club Member
  Too Many
Who done the timing ?
Could the timing belt being out cause any of these issues ?

If these cars are not timed correctly with the correct tools it can be a headache which could cause a loss of power.

Clio Silverstone GP
Who done the timing ?
Could the timing belt being out cause any of these issues ?

If these cars are not timed correctly with the correct tools it can be a headache which could cause a loss of power.
That’s possibly a good shout. Generally no loss of power it’s like a scolded cat, it just stutters on some occasions, drove it again today and it’s definitely more than a flat spot in the power band. For a start it’s not the same all the time and secondly it’s like the brakes being put on. Plant the clutch, change down and go again and it’s fine.. I’ve removed cleaned and PCV valve now and the idle is certainly better but I haven’t road tested it yet, will do tomorrow. Timing could be a good thing to investigate next, I bought the car 3-4 months ago and I’ve not had it done so I’ve no idea who did it last. Will check service record. Thanks!

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
A lot of people say they all do it, but mine never when they were new. My current 197 had it, I threw coils and plugs at it with little to no improvement.

Fitted one of those machines alloy map sensor brackets that hold it in tight and it was like a new car!!

Still had the occasional stutter which was cured by a lambda sensor.

Clio Silverstone GP
A lot of people say they all do it, but mine never when they were new. My current 197 had it, I threw coils and plugs at it with little to no improvement.

Fitted one of those machines alloy map sensor brackets that hold it in tight and it was like a new car!!

Still had the occasional stutter which was cured by a lambda sensor.
Thanks - can you remember where you sourced the bracket?

2010 clio rs200
Having problems with occasional hesitation / kangarooing on accleration, not consistent but when it happens it’s usually in lower rev range, 2k-3k revs. Car has new coil packs, new air filter, new plugs. Possible causes - air mass flow sensor, fuel filter, inlet manifold coking? Anyone had this before and have any hints/ideas?
cheers
Adrian

Clio 3 RS 200 Silverstone GP 2011
Stage1 remap blackcode jobs brilliant solve your issue instantly 😁

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
I'm not into bookface ok
I don't blame you. Any question asked ends up with 500 different answers. One will be right but to save time you may as well not bother asking and just strip and rebuild the whole car. 😂
At least on here there's people who actually know their stuff and genuinely will help.

2010 clio rs200
I don't blame you. Any question asked ends up with 500 different answers. One will be right but to save time you may as well not bother asking and just strip and rebuild the whole car. 😂
At least on here there's people who actually know their stuff and genuinely will help.

Attachments

• IMG-20230106-WA0001.jpg
    IMG-20230106-WA0001.jpg
    174.4 KB · Views: 21
  Clio Silverstone GP
That’s pretty much what’s happening here 🤣 I’m about 6 components in so far and it’s still happening. Throttle body next 🤣