ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Inferno Story...

t90_lle

East of England
ClioSport Area Rep

Jekyll

ClioSport Club Member
Just checked, bought 4 years ago and a recent-ish pic shows that it's still looking good and not discoloured. I think you'd be wasting your time trying to clean up the original and youll never get it look as clean as new.
2022-04-14_06-09-48.jpg
2022-04-14_06-08-14.jpg

t90_lle

East of England
ClioSport Area Rep
So today was collection day!!!
1EC18EBE-59FB-464E-874F-4FEBF7BB98C2.jpeg

As soon as I got home I was underneath the car fitting the parts that I’d aquired lately.
Firstly can we take a moment to appreciate how clean the underside is featuring the magnetic sump plug.
06198206-0862-4E03-8E5C-006A99B99E0D.jpeg

1st to go on the car was the 1seven2 Developments engine/gearbox drip tray but I think this is an oem part anyways.
@plees can confirm?
AA5805F2-403D-4925-8566-FF2CD4378F0C.jpeg

Next up was the undertray complete with the rarest of parts, the cover for the sump along with new fixtures.
12E497C8-6CAF-4F23-A142-55E1ABB83A8D.jpeg

Once that was done I moved to the top of the engine. I had to get physical with the Cfab battery cover as it no longer went on due to one of the boost pipes, Out comes the dremmel!
EB864827-788A-4CCE-80FA-0B48DDA5E29F.jpeg

Next up was the engine cover…
7034FC3A-C311-4709-A14B-7DD71856A055.jpeg

I’m very much undecided on this part so have removed it in the interim and gone cover-less.
The plan would be to spray it inferno coloured to add some contrast under the bonnet but Alex pointed out some potential heat issues.
I can say I never had any on my Monaco so we shall see on this idea. The chrome pipe has replaced the ultrasonic megaboom dv and will be painted crackle black in due course.
9E212A05-3CA9-41DE-9828-004E801A0413.jpeg

Cheeky oil cooler picture.
E2B5BD8F-78EF-4B72-8EE6-83D464814495.jpeg

Final job of the afternoon was a full once over in preparation for the Easter Renault Sport meet hosted by @MrBlonde and the cars proper first outing. Although I have to keep it under 4K revs…
227CBA78-A48E-47F1-A482-62AC3B8D2C65.jpeg

In summary I can’t thank Alex enough and the people on here who have offered advice I thank you too!

A full list of what has been done can be seen below for your amusement, I’m sure that there’s bits missed but it’s the bulk of it… 😂

Forged engine build…
Block rebored to 83mm
Wossner forged pistons, 9.5.1CR 83mm.
Wossner forged conrods
ARP conrod bolts
Renault keywayed bottom pulley
Genuine Renault oil jets
Genuine Renault big end bearings
Genuine Renault main bearings
Genuine Renault thrust washers
Genuine Renault oil pump
Renault/OEM bottom end gasket set
Genuine Renault head gasket set
OEM cylinder head bolts
OEM hydraulic lifters
Cylinder head refurbished
BCR8ES spark plugs
Genuine Renault flywheel bolts
5L 10w/40 running in oil
Purflux OEM oil filter
3L 75w/90 gearbox oil
5L red OAT coolant
New Cambelt & tensioner
New Aux belt
New Dephaser
New Inconel stud & nuts on turbo c/w gasket
New Mocal 13 row oil cooler
New Mocal sandwich plate with 2 take offs
New NRF coolant radiator
New Nissans AC condenser & drier
Regas aircon
New top mount
Fix exhaust positioning

t90_lle

East of England
ClioSport Area Rep
Yep an OEM drip tray. @t90_lle looking really tidy! You must be well pleased with it all!
Extremely please! Just want to crack on with the rest of the car now but I need to recover the bank balance before any further major modifications happen.
Whoop indeed!! 😂
Looking forward to seeing it mate,shame @frayz cant make it and have you both parked up together.
I’m sure there will be a time they can be side by side! 🤞🏻
Next time Steve 100%. Just can’t get the stars to align for tomorrow I’m afraid. 🤦🏽‍♂️
Until we meet properly inferno fwend! 👍🏻👍🏻😂😂

Ocsltd

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup & 182 Trophy
Saw this today at the Bury St Edmunds meet. Looked fantastic, lovely and clean!

t90_lle

East of England
ClioSport Area Rep
So 1st day back home after 3 weeks away and I’ve made an impulse purchase for the Clio 🤦🏻‍♂️
More information and picture to follow after collection and Sunday.

In other news I received a care package from @Clio_fool before I went away containing some headlight adjusters, fog surround and wing mirror caps. These are going to be my practice parts for carbon skinning and hopefully if it goes well I may start doing little bits here an there.

t90_lle

East of England
ClioSport Area Rep
Nothing major to report apart from 400 run in miles completed so 600miles to go and new to me dash trims.
I got some carbon effect wrapped ones form @Mbeau in January of this year but it bugged me that the steering wheel one was silver and the fact it wasn’t real carbon.
I see this current set on an ad for seats from @plees and promptly made an enquiry to the availability of them and here they are. Much happier now I have a full set! So what’s next??
More carbon and running in miles!!
EE69D825-962F-450B-8E30-7CD9AAD5E587.jpeg
59EBB909-B23D-4F1E-8E2F-4AEFA9484BA7.jpeg

t90_lle

East of England
ClioSport Area Rep
Carbon fibre update…
72F9A5FC-5064-4BD9-A0D8-3F5F71E613F5.jpeg
CA038311-B677-4C96-BE79-7344BA0416B7.jpeg

Thanks to @Clio_fool for getting these door grabs out to me, they finish off the carbon in the cabin very nicely without being ott!
As it stands carbon fibre fitted…
Clock surround
Door grabs
Door pulls
Dash trims
Steering wheel centre
Washer blanks
Rear bumper trim

Still to fit after getting clear coated…
Fog surrounds
Exhaust surrounds
Rear washer cover
And I’m on the look out for or may buy new carbon splitter!

t90_lle

East of England
ClioSport Area Rep
Sit Rep…

Ive covered around 900 of the 1000miles required by Alex for engine run in. Keeping to 4000rpm has been difficult and I may have strayed up the rev range a couple of times! 🤦🏻‍♂️
I’ll be contacting Alex shortly to arrange the oil & filter change, give the car a once over before it goes for a mapping session with Andy at Engine Dynamics.

I do have an unknown issue with the wheels/brakes possibly the NSR/NSF.
As I brake at low speeds I get a rotational knock/clunk sound. I’ve checked all the usual suspects but as yet to find out what it is so I’ve booked in with my trusted Renault tech to have an investigative exploration of what the potential issue is.
C6EE8B6F-828F-4223-AE65-A2B5AA0C83D3.jpeg
0B455D81-0CC4-42DB-B377-86C2E789F65E.jpeg

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
Sit Rep…

Ive covered around 900 of the 1000miles required by Alex for engine run in. Keeping to 4000rpm has been difficult and I may have strayed up the rev range a couple of times! 🤦🏻‍♂️
I’ll be contacting Alex shortly to arrange the oil & filter change, give the car a once over before it goes for a mapping session with Andy at Engine Dynamics.

I do have an unknown issue with the wheels/brakes possibly the NSR/NSF.
As I brake at low speeds I get a rotational knock/clunk sound. I’ve checked all the usual suspects but as yet to find out what it is so I’ve booked in with my trusted Renault tech to have an investigative exploration of what the potential issue is.
View attachment 1600289View attachment 1600290
Looks so clean :love:

t90_lle

East of England
ClioSport Area Rep
Looks so clean :love:
Thanks she does scrub up really well considering she’s 18 years old!!
Possibly for sale in the near future as honestly I think I’m done with clios! I know I’ve been here & said it before and came back but I think was more of a trip down memory lane build after my Monaco was floating around for sale and had to have another. Watch this space!

Mr Underhill

ClioSport Club Member
Thanks she does scrub up really well considering she’s 18 years old!!
Possibly for sale in the near future as honestly I think I’m done with clios! I know I’ve been here & said it before and came back but I think was more of a trip down memory lane build after my Monaco was floating around for sale and had to have another. Watch this space!
Aye I understand. I’ve had my BG up for sale half a dozen times and every time I’ve found a buyer, I change my mind and spend more money on it. There’s a lad across the road from me at Bristol Street Motors who’s just sold his Fiesta ST and is probably in the market for a 182. I’ll give yours a mention, although I think he’s wanting one that’s close to factory. GLWS if you do put it up.

t90_lle

East of England
ClioSport Area Rep
So today was investigation day with my local trusted Renault stealer!
The noise under braking hadn’t got any worse or better but having checked everything myself a fresh set of eyes always helps
CEE76843-B6CA-4FA9-8558-BAD845AB6B34.jpeg

Upon getting the car in the air a couple of issues were spotted instantly before even checking the brakes. The 1st issue was the lower gearbox bolt being loose, this is the 2nd time this has happened, I’m not sure as to why but if it does it again it’ll be getting loctite’d in!!
The 2nd issue was a bit more messy…
824D1BC9-73AF-4760-8F8D-886FC7D04660.jpeg
1E93AE67-EDD9-4019-B67F-4919DD30A4DF.jpeg

The CV boot had come off and worked up the drive shaft expelling a fair bit of grease everywhere. This was replaced fairly easily and cleaned up but the wheels still need doing.
When we got to the rear of the car the nsr wheel/brake assembly was checked and everything was found to be torqued correctly. This led us to remove the calliper and disc to check the stub.
With everything seemingly in order the idea was to swap the discs side to side to see if the noise transferred side but in doing so caused another issue.
F77E5CB8-8F7B-4AEC-8038-3FA7E52753E5.jpeg

The osr brake pipe decided it didn’t want to keep the brake fluid inside it anymore. I know it was scabby but didn’t realise how bad! Lucky escape tbh as if this had let go out on the road it could have been much worse!
A2BD6BDE-54E6-4756-BFC5-55092E6E7264.jpeg

We removed it, measured out the length and made up a new pipe joint it to the existing flexi.
1868B62E-F57B-4773-BB22-39EEAFD8F060.jpeg

Once that was sorted the road test didn’t show the rotational knock/clunk sound anymore having swapped discs side to side so am unaware of what the issue was or anything.
The bill was only £120 which was pretty good considering the car was on the ramp for 4 hours in total but only got changed 2hr, the price of the brake pipe and a cv clip which overall I’m pretty happy about.
I’ve emailed Alex about mapping but am yet to receive a reply, I’ve cracked in the 1000miles so let’s turn the boost up and see what she does!!