ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Cyclone Blue Clio

2002 Clio 1.2 Extreme
I am starting a new thread as my last one i deleted my photobucket account so it doesnt work anymore.

Ive done so minor changes to my car, and since re joining cliosport after a couple of months out ive got some new parts coming my way.

This is my 1.2 16v Cyclone Blue Clio, its just hit 80,000 miles.

This is how it started when i bought the car in September 2009
2.gif
#
3.gif

7.gif

8.gif

I then put on a RS Grille on straight away

Before

DSCF0067.gif

During

DSCF0068.gif

After

DSCF0072.gif

I then changed the aerial to a shorter one

IMG_0519.gif

I then changed the indicators to clear ones with silver bulbs
DSCF0085.gif

I also took off the extreme stickers on the side of my car, to give it a little bit of a cleaner look

Before

DSCF0076.gif

After

DSCF0078.gif

I also installed a K&N Filter

IMG_0515.gif

I have got some future developments plans

Carbon fibre diamon (bought)
Carbon Dash stripes and gear stick insert (bought)
New gear gaitor as old one broke (bought)
New Headunit (bought)
Silvertech front and rear bulbs (bought)
Sort of passenger side door so it locks with central locking

I went through a stage of having blue interior bulbs but ive changed back the main interior lights to LED clears as it was annoying not being able to see anything in the dark if ive stopped.

Thats the plans for now, not sure what to do next, so anyhelp would be appreciated

Nas

Eunos Roadster
Looks good mate, have you thought about colour coding the side strips and the bumper inserts??

Also needs a good 40-60 mm drop.

2002 Clio 1.2 Extreme
as im at uni its a bit expensive for me to colour code them and get lowering springs and as i dont know how to fit them not sure how much it would cost to take them to a garage

also repping cliosport at uni

IMG_0716.gif

306 GTI-6
Nice colour choice by the way.

Lowering springs shoudlnt take a garage more than a couple of hours, so two hours labour perhaps £100 to fit them at the most, will look much better for it, and will improve the handling if you get decent enough springs, Eibachs would be a good choice.

Mk5 Ibiza Cupra
looks identical to my old one! i never did anything to mines though. lowering will definitely do it a world of good, 172 alloys too maybe?

2002 Clio 1.2 Extreme
some new goodies arrived today, will put pictures up in a minute

they wont be fitted until im home from uni in a week

Octavia VRS LE
Love the carbon fibre inserts!!! will look very nice!! i like the standard alloys with a 40-60mm drop and it would look nice, maybe a sport or dynamique rear spoiler?

2002 Clio 1.2 Extreme
thanks guys cant wait to get back from uni so i can put them on get some pictures up.

2002 Clio 1.2 Extreme
Was back home from uni at the weekend so thought i would do some work to the clio.

Firstly i changed the standard dash stripes to carbon fibre ones

Before
IMG_0739.gif

IMG_0743.gif

During
IMG_0740.gif

IMG_0747.gif

After
IMG_0742.gif

IMG_0748.gif

i then changed the gear insert again for a carbon fibre one

Before
IMG_0745.gif

During
IMG_0746.gif

After
IMG_0749.gif
Finally

got a chance to change my headunit to one that i can use my iPhone with

Before
IMG_0751.gif

After many swear words and cuts to my hand and with me breaking a clip so i had to stick the fascia panel on, which im not annoyed with at all. here is my new headunit

IMG_0752.gif

i also ordered a new gear gaitor as after a coke incident i broke my old one

IMG_0759.gif

looking into buying some clear indicators for the front and rear lights and maybe a front carbon badge

clio 1.2
hi m8 i was just wondering where did you get your rs grill from and also where did you get the carbon strips from. thanks

2002 Clio 1.2 Extreme
i got my carbon strips from extremeinferno he sells them in the for sale section, but you have to pay for the membership to get in there which i suggest you should do as it helps out alot, and i got the grill of here aswell but that was a while back, but they pop up in the for sale section every now and again

2002 Clio 1.2 Extreme
well if you need any help just drop me a message or anything i can give you my number if you need to text me anything aswell

2002 Clio 1.2 Extreme
thanks alot people means alot, dont have alot of money at the moment due to me being at university, but want to change a few bits like a front and rear carbon diamons plus a carbon clio sign at the boot.

i have filled up the coolant since the picture was taken

Nice smart car youve got now mate, all the changes seem good,

When you say you changed the gator because it broke, the how did you get the leather gator off? i thought you would have to remove the gear knob and thats near impossible without cutting... please explain unless ive got the wrong end of the stick.

pimp mobile Zafira
Looks tidy. I do think it needs lowering. Give it a try yourself fitting the springs. If you take your time it's easy enough and I'm sure if you got stuck some one on here would lend a hand.

2002 Clio 1.2 Extreme
the new ones you buy from renault or where ever are a bigger and there is a cable tie that you tighten which holds it in place around the gear stick

2002 Clio 1.2 Extreme
haha im thinking im getting a little bit to old for the k&n now, but sounds ok until i can afford a cliosport in the future that or an audi a3 lol