ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Clio tce

Clio tce
Here is my Clio

IMAG0337_zpsdf659b7a.jpg

IMAG0338_zps30d8ba7f.jpg

IMAG0428_zpse3ff128a.jpg

IMAG0405_zps8e3469d2.jpg

IMAG0415_zpsd34454b1.jpg

Clio tce
The vent is needed to get cold air in, the vent is in and looks better than maybe you might think.

It hasn't been mapped yet, this Friday ktec. Still on 0.5 bar boost ATM, ktec will change that I'm sure.

Oil cooler needs plumbing in once I have the correct oil feed pipe, 182 injectors in on Friday and boost control valve.

Clio tce
Behind the headlight... Do headlights have holes in them these days.... The filter is perfectly in line with the vent, how is this not as good as behind the headlight...

Clio tce
i personally dont think you'll be getting much if any improvement with that. you would have if youd made the filter behind the headlight and sectioned off the bay.

And relocated the battery to the boot as it is in the way, this was discussed but means interior out etc etc vent is perfect for where the filter is now.

What would improve things is raising the bonnet off the seal at the back to allow hot air out.

Behind the headlight has a pretty infinte air supply from behind the bumper, thus cooler anyway. Battery relocation doesnt involve interior out atall. My LCR ran the filter on the inner wing with a heatshield. and with a Glowing turbo and manifold intake temps didnt go above 25* on the rolling road, I did see 12* in the middle of june when using WMI

Clio tce
It's not a 197 maybe latter I'll change to these.

No idea what bhp to expect, not interested anyway, as long as it drives well and is set up correctly. I should think no more than 1bar boost so maybe 140bhp no idea tbh.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
i know its not a 197 :p thats why i said dyna S wings

i think these engines, mapped and with 182 injectors see over 140... with the extra work gone into this i think youll see more

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
Behind the headlight... Do headlights have holes in them these days.... The filter is perfectly in line with the vent, how is this not as good as behind the headlight...

no the headlights dont have holes in them, but what they do have is a force feed duct forcing air into the area behind them, forcing all the hot air out of the engine bay, your filter is currently situated under a vent, above the hottest part of the engine with the vent circulating all the hot air around the filter.

Clio tce
Thanks Martin you are incorrect it is not over the vent at all. the vent is in front of the filter the air flow is directly onto the filter through the vent... When the bonnet is raised off the seal at the back the hot air will flow out. Keeping temps down and cool air coming in. The hottest part is centre left, as this is where the turbo and down pipes are, the filter and vent is over the left away from the hottest parts.

Last edited:
  Clio tce
Mine is a dynamique sx.

Speaking to ktec today they may have a lightened fly wheel and uprated clutch for the tce soon, they've sent them off recently. May ask if I can have a price... I see that cat cams do rods for the tce at 799+ vat.... So slowly more bits are becoming available for the tce.

Yep interesting to see what it maps like and the figures etc.

Clio tce
isnt that a dynamique with the 'sx' body kit?

the dynamique S is a different car iirc, atleast the wings are wider. afaik theyre like the 197 arches without the vents

Lol no idea about that, it's a dynamique sx, with all the extras as was a demo car at Renault 07 reg.

I thought I was dynamique, dynamique s, then sx, also Tom Tom and rip curls available too.

SJM'd197'dBTM'd 182
As others say, looks good up until the vent.
But your car, up to you.

Makes me miss mine slightly, the tce was always a bit of fun, mpg was slightly better to!

@ knuckles, I dont think the S had wider arches, the SX did come with the body kit, of skirts, splitter & spolier apart from that they were the same, that is iirc when I was looking (a couple of years ago).

Clio tce
My sx has tints, spoiler and body kit, turning head lights, parrot, mp3 iPod plug ins, air con, climate conrol, curies control, speed limiter, 16" wheels, Sebring back box, electric heated mirrors, steering wheel controls,

Clio 1.2 16v TCE WS
does anyone know where you can get vented arches that fits this model as i am looking for a set for my Tce. dont agree with the vent but not my car.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
@ knuckles, I dont think the S had wider arches, the SX did come with the body kit, of skirts, splitter & spolier apart from that they were the same, that is iirc when I was looking (a couple of years ago).

im certain theyre wider. i remember seeing one on the road and being surprised at how wide they were.

the dyna S's 2.0 138 bhp models

http://www.evo.co.uk/carreviews/evocarreviews/208144/renault_clio_138.html
http://www.mymotorguide.com/car_specification/697.html

does anyone know where you can get vented arches that fits this model as i am looking for a set for my Tce. dont agree with the vent but not my car.

ebay/renparts/clio197.net would be your best bet

Last edited:
  SJM'd197'dBTM'd 182
Maybe they did, I thought they did a 1.6 not a 2l - and the 2l was a Renault Sport only. Tbh 2L only doing 138 bhp?
I though that they did the 1.2 tce as an dynamique s and dynamique sx - being same / similar levels of trim but the SX differed as it that the "sporty" looking body kit.

As for Cc230993 - I dont think its possible to add the vented arches like the 197/200 as they have slightly wider from bumpers and arches.

I may be wrong but just my thinking.

Knuckles

ClioSport Admin
the dyna s is the stepping stone in between the 1.6 and the 197.

the sx is the kit (splitter, skirts, spoiler and something on the rear bumper iirc)

i think the s is standard apart from those massive front arches.

come to think of it. you may need the side skirts to go with the 197 wings as theyre moulded odd at the bottom

SJM'd197'dBTM'd 182
The bodykit was fitted as a factory standard iirc to the SX, but it could be purchased as an option. It was only bolted / glued into place, it is not specially molded onto the car. I know this as I ripped the front splitter off mine, and you get that black plastic lip on the bottom of the bumper, the splitter just covered this up. That was the only difference from the 1.2 S and SX iirc.

The 138 hp variant S may have had the wider arches, but until a few minutes ago I never knew it existed, I was just pointing things out from what I remember from owning one.

As I said, I may well be wrong, I don;t remember the ins and outs of all the clio range, just the things that come to mind when I got mine 2 years ago.

Anyway, I think that's enough hijacking