ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Clio RS 182 Story

Clio 182, Jag XJS
Hello there !
So i have been on here a month or so and haven't had a real chance to post about the car yet so as i have a day off here i go :)

In October i was looking for a new hot hatch as my daily was boring as s**t ( A Fiesta 1.4 zetec ) and wanted to go back down the clio route.
I have owned a number of quick Renaults over the years including a Clio Williams, Two Valver's and a 5 Turbo but after an accident in the Williams i was put of for a bit.

So on the 8th November i found the Car i was in need off.

A Blue Clio RS 182 completely un molested as far as i could see.
It had 46k on the clock with a full service history. I think the car was a 2nd car and was used very little.
There was no real ware inside the car just slight scuffs on the drivers and passengers seats.
I was ecstatic :)

Over all impressions of the car are very very good i love the top end grunt for the B Roads i frequent and on trips to work on the A11 with cruise control I'm getting 36 mpg which I'm very happy about. Like a lot of people on here I'm a tall guy and find the seats to high compared to the seats in my Williams. I also find the steering wheel too big but hay hoo.

Right essay over i will show you the car and keep you updated on the little things I'm going to do to it. Im into classic cars and love a good standard looking car so on the out side there are only a few things to be changed i.e. ride hight cup spoiler front splitter etc.

Hope you enjoy.

IMG_3416.jpg
IMG_3417.jpg

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Looks great mate. Exactly what mine looked like the day I bought it, you'll soon get the bug and be justifying every little purchase :p

Looking forward to your updates and where this goes :)

Clio 182, Jag XJS
Looks great mate. Exactly what mine looked like the day I bought it, you'll soon get the bug and be justifying every little purchase :tongueout:

Looking forward to your updates and where this goes :smile:

Thanks man :) i have already started i have had a couple of things turn up just now in the post so i will get fitting and snapping (pics only i hope)

Clio 182, Jag XJS
Right first update. A few days ago i was on here and fell in love with the idea of a Grill Flag so i ended up ordering one online. I also see this very fitting due to all the problems that have been going on in Paris over the last few weeks, Its a small token to show my support to all the people involved in the shooting at Charlie Hebdo.

I love how simple this is but it really does look good on the front of these cars in my opinion.

IMG_3847.JPG

I also got in the post today a set of Pressed metal plates for the Clio. I have had these on many of my French cars and love them. I know there not to every ones taste but i wanted to do something different instead of the 3/4 front plate option. I have not fitted them yet but heres a standard Kitchen table shot of them for you :)
IMG_3860.JPG

Clio 182, Jag XJS
Right new plates are fitted and look fantastic in my opinion.

Before :-

IMG_3863.JPG

After :-

IMG_3867.JPG

IMG_3868.JPG

I have also taken this opportunity today to replace my wiper blades with some genuine Renault ones as i couldn't see out the rear window at all.

IMG_3869.JPG

turns out there was a problem with all of them can you see what it might be ?

IMG_3870.JPG

All in all a small start to the improved look of the Clio :)

Clio 182, Jag XJS
So little update on the Clio she's been a naughty naughty girl ! Over the last few days i have had the ESP light on, no cruse control, brake light problems and the ABS light on so have tried to sort this all out this week. I have got one of theses and also one for the brake pedal to try and solve the problem so fingers crossed.
IMG_3875.JPG

(the hat was a nice welcome freebee with all this cold weather)