ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Clio 1.2

cheers pal, just ordered them :). think dan posted about some dipped beam bulbs on here also, i got them they are decent like. 12£ i think.

Renault Clio MK4 RS
ahh i already have dipped beam bulbs. Got them for £20 and they are the Osram Nightbreakers special edition gold tip bulbs. Great range and light the road up at night. But not as white as i wanted but still very good none the less :)

Renault Clio MK4 RS
Heres a pic of my car after a good clean after about a month of being dirty and being in dire need of one. Used Autoglym colour restorer and super resin polish to make it great :D

2hcopzs.jpg

Heres the beading the next morning :D Love it when it does this..
1o3kt4.jpg

5kiqtf.jpg

Renault Clio MK4 RS
No update to this in terms of modifying but my car had a big problem where the head gasket went and i had to get recovered home for £86!(18miles home) Its in the garage now getting the repair done with the head being sent off to get pressure tested and skimmed and its going to be anywhere in the region of £500-£600 :( so no modifying will be done for a while!

Renault Clio MK4 RS
Hi all,

Got my car back saturday after the headgasket going. Since my car is pretty much going to get nothing done to it for a while now its going to be a slow process on things and will most probably not have the money to do the things i want.

But on the day i got it back i looked at it and thought what can i do that wont cost anything.. I saw that the rear lights were looking a little crappy after about half a year of them being tinted and the winter had took its toll on them. So i decided to get rid of the tint spray off them and polish them up with some Autoglym Super Resin Polish.

Before:
1iyet5.jpg

Midway with one of them cleaned:
2wcg0n9.jpg

Both cleaned before polish:
2wlv91s.jpg

Shot of car with polished light:
344ft3t.jpg

What do you guys think of the change?

Last edited:
  Renault Clio MK4 RS
  Renault Clio MK4 RS
Hi all,

I hit a curb quite badly about a week ago due to a foreign trucker coming round a corner to much on my side forcing me to go into it. I had it checked out and thankfully no serious damage apart from curbing and the lip being fairly damaged. Oh and the tyre had quite a bad cut but its not letting out air so its fine for now.

But heres the slight damage:
9lkioi.jpg

And again:
2reql2p.jpg

Whilst i had quite a lot of stickerbomb wrap left, i decided i wanted to do something else which you dont seen done much:
fa0big.jpg

I did a carboot the other week to get rid of some junk, but whilst there and looking round something caught my eye which i had to buy for the price of £2 as they were a bargain:

2v8loio.jpg

I got two Sony 6x9s for £2! Both in great condition and work mint! Couldnt believe it and it has made my whole audio set up so much louder along with my duel Kenwood 12" Subwoofers :D

Oh yeah, i have a thing for taking pictures of the beading on my car:
6faycm.jpg

f0tgch.jpg

And finally since what happened to my alloy, i decided i wanted to get them resprayed a different colour along with refurb.. Since the alloys only cost me £120 and they already had curbing.. I didnt want to spend a tonne on the refurb as may aswell of got a new set for the same price so the outcome should be good but not absolutely amazing.. You will have to wait and see what colour is going to be but heres a pic of my car on steelies for the moment (I have gave the steelies a quick spray over of black since & look much better):

usump.jpg

Renault Clio MK4 RS
Just got a call off the guy doing my alloys and he said they are finished and ready to be picked up so i will be picking them up tomorrow morning and fitting them then ill put a picture up.

heres a few pictures he put up on his facebook page to show progress:
Picture of the damage to alloy when hitting the curb, not really bad but definitely noticeable!:

2m43aqq.jpg

One of the alloys midway through:

5yfdap.jpg

One of the alloys primered:

2z6yuq1.jpg

One of the alloy finished, love the finish on it!:

lh6s4.jpg

And one of all the alloys together once finished:

291niq8.jpg

Very happy with the job they did and all i paid for this was £120 so a great price to be honest! :D

Since they are a company that do resprays on cars etc im going to get a quote on how much it will cost for my sidestrips, front bump strips and door handles to be colour coded :)

Renault Clio MK4 RS
Forgot to put a picture up yesterday of my alloys on the car. Super pleased with them!

Sorry about the car being dirty but im going to be giving it a full detail on saturday before the pickering YMS car show.

ifzkeb.jpg

Rear:
2ynicrb.jpg

Oh and another pic of beading! ;)

fyn42a.jpg

Renault Clio MK4 RS
Got a few snaps of my car at the YFM Car Show @ Pickering

2s6x3wo.jpg

t8adrt.jpg

2mnkrvs.jpg

2moo55c.jpg

2ypnaqh.jpg

73h4w3.jpg

2mx0u8i.jpg

2zxpe35.jpg

Was Cleaned using a number of products: Autoglym, Poorboys & Auto Finesse.

And a lot of Elbow Grease!

Renault Clio MK4 RS
What is going on with the exhaust on the other clio?! Has it fallen off?

Your car is looking good mate, great colour choice for the alloys, suits it well :)

The rubber bit on the hanger has decided to go on it so its almost scraping haha! Its since he put the 60mm springs on that its done it!

Renault Clio MK4 RS
Also im going to be getting my side strips off soon to give to Pauls Bodyshop to get them resprayed black along with smoothing my Side Bullets and getting them sprayed the same colour as my alloys.

Then i will be trying to source a new bonnet & front bumper due to me needing both done now as bonnet paint is thin and rust spots are starting to come through and the front bumper has damage since hitting a rabbit at some speed so need both replacing :)

Renault Clio MK4 RS
how the hell did you get your car that shinny lol.

is it a 8 or 16 v buddy.

Its an 8v pal. And it takes a lot of graft. Took me about 4hours to detail it all. I bought Poorboys Black Hole Glaze & Poorboys Nattys Blue Paste Wax. Both work great together and make it shine amazingly in the sun. Along with some freshly refurbed alloys it gives a great look :) Plus for the price of the Poorboys you cannot go wrong at all :)

Renault Clio MK4 RS
Sourced some second hand bullets off MWright on here for £9 posted. Sanded them down so they are all smooth and sent them off to the same place that did my alloys. Getting them done the same colour as my alloys so should have them back by Wednesday latest so will get a pic up once they are on!

Also sourced a second hand rear Renault badge to put on whilst I send my Renault Badges in for the same thing as the bullets so I have a good colour scheme on the car.

Also in a week or two I may possibly take my side strips in to get them colour coded to the car. I was going to get the inserts done but my front bumper has a bit of damage along with the passenger side insert so I may need to get a new bumper before I start doing the front bumper.

Or go for a sport front bumper, wings and skirts but undecided yet as I would have to buy some spacers to get the wheels out a bit if i did that. I would do it if a kit came along at the right price but until then its a waiting game!

Renault Clio MK4 RS
Right got my Bullets back this morning. Not got them on the car yet but will soon! Also ive given him my Renault Badges aswell to sand and spray up same colour.

Love the finish of these as much as the alloys. Will look good once i get my side strips C/C to car but will have to wait for that :p

Heres the bullets from start to finish.

2hdcnqf.jpg

icmxsj.jpg

1yv9qp.jpg

And heres them sprayed up:

2qi9tab.jpg

mbjx8h.jpg

34ex4cm.jpg

What do you guys think??

Renault Clio MK4 RS
i like this car dude i have a 5 door privelage in ted44 blue and this is the sort of look im looking at

Yeah its not really hard to get the desired look you want. Just need the money and a bit of time and effort working on it to cut out the garage labour prices!

not often you see peaple bothering with 5 doors but this looks really good :)

Ah well for me I had no choice on my first car as there wasnt much in my price budget in my local area and i didnt mind the clio and didnt really think of the 5 door at first but their not that bad. You know what they say '4 Doors More Whores!'

I think im only doing small touches to it now and not bothering with it much more on high cost things as im looking into getting a Seat Ibiza 1.9 TDI around September time :)

Renault Clio MK4 RS
Not done a post in a while. A few small changes to the car in the past few weeks.

First off was the wheels. Sold them to Kchristmas off here along with the exchange of his old wheels. To be honest i still dont mind the car on them but i decided to get some money back off the car before selling it on in a month or so.

v66uxv.jpg

Next up is the Brake drums. FINALLY got round to doing them! getting the old paint off them was a challenge!

Oh and Halfords are stupid for saying i was buying a metallic black when infact it was more like a bloody silver! but im not massively bothered to be honest.

Before:

2znsd1g.jpg

2gsmoat.jpg

After:
Gave my inner arches a good clean aswell whilst there!

33042s5.jpg

Car jacked up -

2re4ahy.jpg

Even when jacked up at the back its still not low at the front :(

256v1xx.jpg

Since it was my birthday a week ago my girlfriend decided to buy me a few more detailing goodies and give me some moneyyyy :) Still havent used them but i hope to have a go with them soon as never done clay barring before! Oh and got 4 more Cherry car scents :D

29ooj1c.jpg

And figured out why my car sounds going a bit odd! Not the best thing to find :( Took it to someone and they said its bust through the inside metal aswell and its blowing badly.

He said it would only cost around £30 for him to fix but its getting just the exhaust to him due to him being in a very quiet location with no bus route!

2urthzm.jpg

Renault Clio MK4 RS
theyve gone like a silver/grey which is pretty odd for a 'Metallic Black' as halfords told me it was. But by the time i started spraying i just thought screw it im not taking another hour trip to halfrauds to get any more.