ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Clio 1.2

Renault Clio MK4 RS
Just bought a 172 colour coded spoiler off ebay for £25 delivered! bargain! It should be here by friday im hoping as it is getting posted by City Link(very very poor feedback by everyone).

I have got clear side indicators on the car with the chrome bulbs and they do make a difference on a black car! Once i have the spoiler on and the rear bumper on i will them be looking into getting a 3M headlight restoration kit to do the headlights so they look good again!

Slowly coming together now just need to get my arse into gear and get going with it :D

Renault Clio MK4 RS
  Renault Clio MK4 RS
yeahhh i havent got round to changing them yet! been way to cold to do anything to the car like that :p still not sure what i could do to the drums to get the previous paint off them :p

Renault Clio MK4 RS
Bought a 3M Headlight Restoration Kit from 3M lastnight as it was on offer for a great price! should sort my front lights out and tidy the front end up! :D

Renault Clio MK4 RS
Just a small update. Got my 172 spoiler today:
1zd4qp0.jpg

And fitted it straight away:
24v5qhu.jpg

Looks much better being colour coded! :)

Here are the clear side indicators that i got as well with the chrome bulbs in it:
6prxxf.jpg

I also sticker bombed my badges and interior bits and they came out pretty well. Ive got tonnes of sticker bomb sheet left and may do the badges again as the lacquer i used to stop them fading so quickly was pretty rubbish so may do them again sometime!
xku43s.jpg

Front Badge ^
ubvh2.jpg

Rear Badge ^
2yn439d.jpg

Interior ^
Carbon wrapped my Renault badges on my centre caps(I know the screw is not the right one but the last one the threads were knackered on it):
2nk2dqc.jpg

What do you guys think??

Renault Clio MK4 RS
well the 172 bumper is getting picked up saturday and hopefully fitted same day. already has the exhaust cut out for exhaust so it should look better. Then i think spacers on it 10mm on all 4 to space the wheels out a bit. then going to attempt to get a campus front bumper which is all black with no inserts to make it look smarter at the front :) them colour code side strips :D

Renault Clio MK4 RS
Just a small update:

Got the 172 rear bumper yesterday and put it on. Had an issue with the inner arches that attach to the rear bumper which i didnt know were different to non sports ones.

Also once the bumper was on i needed to get the exhaust raised a lot due to it being way to far down and needed to be put into the cut out on the exhaust. Had quite a tough time with this and had to get the hanger on the exhaust bent and another exhaust mount on it. Still not perfect which I want it to be but will have to do for now along with tidying the cut out as its not perfectly rounded.
Here it is in the garage on the ramp:

6dy8sz.jpg

Here it is with the exhaust raised and parked up, Does need a clean after the 150mile trip:

o2vr4.jpg

Also got the 3m Headlight kit and did them friday, One came out great the other one still needs a bit of work and will have to do it another time when im free:
Passenger side before(Seemed to look worse in person):

j0bhas.jpg

Driver Side Headlight(Again looked worse in person):

mhsu4p.jpg

Both Sides Prepped:

358ntw8.jpg

In Process:
10x7uog.jpg

2a97lgw.jpg

Finished:

148hh94.jpg

34gak9t.jpg

I didnt get a picture of the other light as it started to get dark so will update one soon. Also I have ordered some silver vision bulbs for the front lights to get rid of the fried egg look on them and will do an update when they turn up.

Superleggera'd MK3
Looking far better with the exhaust tucked up mate :) also, are
your rear lights smoked or just dirty lol?

Renault Clio MK4 RS
Managed to get one of them on which is the passenger side rear but the driver side i dont have on yet :/

O

Oakley12

Progress is good fella!! I don't mind the sticker bombing on the badges but would of kept with carbon fibre, but that's just personal taste :)

Renault Clio MK4 RS
yeah its just changing and finding what i like. Might get the professionally sprayed soon but unsure on what colour yet. Or just put them back to standard but i just dont know :/

Renault Clio MK4 RS
Just another pic of my car with the 172 rear bumper on:
s2ckra.jpg

Got my Silver indicator Bulbs for my front lights also(Pics arnt the best):
Standard Bulb:
2952uy8.jpg

Silver Indicator Bulb:
fuvx2h.jpg

Will get some better pictures when light and the car has a had a well deserved clean!

When i was in garage i noticed my car had an oil leak :( its coming from the oil pressure switch they thing so will be getting that done as soon as possible. Heres a picture to show what its like:
ayln2v.jpg

Only problem is, with the picture it doesnt look like the pressure sensor.. it looks like its from a place higher up on the engine?

Renault Clio MK4 RS
Just an update with a few pictures of the car after a very long cleaning session on the clio.. Drove up to near newcastle over weekend and when i got there it did need a very good clean indeed so the next day me and my cousin set to work on our cars to get them shining :)

After a snowfoam:
iqenv5.jpg

19rvuq.jpg

Didnt get any pictures of the car in the process of doing it all but I used mainly Autoglym on the car. I used tar remover, Metal polish on the exhaust, Alloy cleaner, Degreaser, trim gel, Glass Cleaner, Paint Renovater and Super Resin Polish.

Rear Shot:
rm5yww.jpg

Close up of Rear:
2e6bsb4.jpg

Front Floor Shot:
30n9cvc.jpg

Another Front Floor Shot:
wlrhow.jpg

Distance Shot:
2ug15d3.jpg

Night Shot:
2s804qs.jpg

Night Shot 2:
jgidq9.jpg

What do you guys think? :)

2004 Clio Dynamique
Looking very nice; clean, simple, sort of OEM. Overall a very nice car and that paintwork now looks amazing!

Renault Clio MK4 RS
Thanks guys! I am really happy with it now! just unsure if i want to get it dropped another 20mm to get rid of that arch gap nicely. But the car does really shine when it is cleaned properly :)

Also the Fatlace sticker will be coming off soon i think. Cousin did it to see what it looked like and i thought it was ok but unsure now!

Superleggera'd MK3
Yeah am unsure as well, i dont mind the fatlace stcker, but not sure it goes there, little out of place. Maybe would have been better somewhere more inconspicuous?

Renault Clio MK4 RS
hmm nowhere to of really put it if im honest. Just seemed an ok place to put it at the time. Was thinking bonnet but as the cliosport sticker is there we decided not to. Ahwell its only a sticker and can be easily removed :)

Superleggera'd MK3
Yeah exactly, hardly a big deal is it :) Was it only an exterior sticker? as it could of gone in rear window?

Renault Clio MK4 RS
Yeah like i put a few pages back I would of gotten out of the sticker phase on the rear window. And i have :p

Renault Clio MK4 RS
i got the tow strap off ebay for circa £10 and got a m16 50mm bolt aswell. Have to drill the hole on the tow strap big enough to fit the m16 bolt into and it bolts straight on. Easy job :)

2007 Clio 197
I found a dynamic spoiler for £18 posted on ebay, just have to keep looking, I find its best to look in the day when people are at work And cant bid, that is of course if your not at work yourself lol.
If you have a local breaker, (u-pull-it) I would have a look there, I got my pearl black spoiler off of an 04 plate extreme. cost me a whopping £2
In total that day I paid around £20 for..... spoiler, wheel trims, boot liner, parcel shelf, rear light cluster, all the exterior plastic trim, 2 engine covers and 2 new badges.

so you should deffo give that place a check, if theres one local to you.

Renault Clio MK4 RS
If you have a local breaker, (u-pull-it) I would have a look there, I got my pearl black spoiler off of an 04 plate extreme. cost me a whopping £2
In total that day I paid around £20 for..... spoiler, wheel trims, boot liner, parcel shelf, rear light cluster, all the exterior plastic trim, 2 engine covers and 2 new badges.

so you should deffo give that place a check, if theres one local to you.

I got a dynamique spoiler in the end for £10. But then got a 172 spoiler for £25 off ebay about 2 weeks ago now :)

Renault Clio MK4 RS
Just a small update:

Got some new Led Sidelights which are much better than the ones i had. More white and brighter aswell.
Not the best photo to show them off but in person they look great :D
Before:
2poo6qd.jpg

After:
2rgmert.jpg

Also got two pictures of my car this morning with some beading :D

309nchx.jpg

epo9x.jpg