ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Black Gold (no)mod thread

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
The car was filthy after the trip so gave it a quick bath today. And as usual I had to do the Mrs clio too?
46842353682_555d32b0b5_k.jpg
Then there were 3! by Paul Dent, on Flickr

Also bought a 1.2 for my babys first car. I't doesn't half make you feel old when your first born starts driving?
46842350892_c4325798bb_k.jpg
46894309541_9c5e73ce87_k.jpg

Not touched it since getting it home. One owner after the dealer, always garaged and anything that needed doing was done immediately. Needs a good clean and had a few scratches that need seeing to but apart from that it's spot on.
Oh the power of it!
46842351372_337eb223fa_k.jpg

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
How much of a job was it to change the Sump Gasket & Bolts mate?,as i want to do mine at some point.
Also any photos of the shifter in the car?
Was piss easy, I just watched Carl do it ?. There were lots of bits on the floor and the engine jacked up to get the sump out. Definatly not something I'd want to do and if you were laid under it you'd better get a face screen to keep the oil drips off your face!

dan's cast offs.
How much of a job was it to change the Sump Gasket & Bolts mate?,as i want to do mine at some point.
Also any photos of the shifter in the car?

You don't want to be doing it on the floor, would be one of those jobs you would hate doing and end up with a face covered in oil.

MrBlonde

ClioSport Club Member
You don't want to be doing it on the floor, would be one of those jobs you would hate doing and end up with a face covered in oil.

Shame as its a simple job really,its just all the prep before hand and things to remove etc,i would have it up on axle stands and do it when the weather is better or get a price off Alex to do it all?

Filters

Wales - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Neutral:
View attachment 1403875Fitted and trimmed scenic shifter with 172 ball. by Paul Dent, on Flickr
39941231453_11da074ade_k.jpg
Fitted and trimmed scenic shifter with 172 ball. by Paul Dent, on Flickr
First:
View attachment 1403876Fitted and trimmed scenic shifter with 172 ball. by Paul Dent, on Flickr
Fourth:
View attachment 1403877Fitted and trimmed scenic shifter with 172 ball. by Paul Dent, on Flickr
Fifth:
View attachment 1403878Fitted and trimmed scenic shifter with 172 ball. by Paul Dent, on Flickr

Job well done I'd say mate, looks spot on!

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Mot is looming ominously on the horizon and the eml light is firmly lit. I've new lambda sensors to fit before I find out if the cat that was replaced for last years mot is dead or not. The exhaust heat shield is rattling too, the washers had broken through it last year but it needs sorting now so I've scavenged some tin from work to hold the thing up with. Got some more parts to fit after the mot is done too. ?

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Car dropped off for mot and two new tyres. Lambda's were fitted last week and it passed the mot emissions test so fingers crossed it passes.

I've been rolling in the 1.2 this week. God it's so quiet and the clutch is so light! Unfortunately it shed a wheel trim so now looks pikey on black steel wheels. Need to keep an eye out for some cheap alloys for it.

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Car dropped off for mot and two new tyres. Lambda's were fitted last week and it passed the mot emissions test so fingers crossed it passes.

I've been rolling in the 1.2 this week. God it's so quiet and the clutch is so light! Unfortunately it shed a wheel trim so now looks pikey on black steel wheels. Need to keep an eye out for some cheap alloys for it.

Guess the CAT didn't work for long then ?. I hope my aftermarket once works for more than a year!

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Guess the CAT didn't work for long then ?. I hope my aftermarket once works for more than a year!
The cat is still on it and passed emissions when the new lambda's were fitted. Eml hasn't come back on since. Garage shuts on half an hour and I've not heard from them yet ?.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Dunno what it pulled, he said he had to hold it at 3600 rpm because at 2500 it had a slight pop and stutter that fucked the emissions up. Done now with nothing else to note so onwards to the next mods!

406 V6, Race Buggy
Yeah, those cheap cats are shoddy as hell unless you get them red hot - they tend to have very little platinium, etc, compared to a proper one - what I've found helps if you have to use one is to wrap the cat and the pipe in front of it with a couple of layers of exhaust wrap - they light off a lot faster then.

Slight pops and stutters at light load/constant throttle like that is usually either a MAP/MAF sensor or a slight air leak.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Moved my car out of the way and spent some time on the little 1.2. Fitted replacement boot struts so the boot now doesn't need pushing all they way up and I won't forget and end up with it dropping on my bonce any more! Then I gave it the good clean it needed so badly, so it got snow, iron x, wash, clay bar, wash and dry. The poor old thing has had a mixed life with relatively little use but it has quite a few battle scars. One old lady owner does not equal good bodywork! Last year I got myself a da polisher but never had time to try it out. Yeah, you know what's next?. The bonnet had some nasty scratches on it, some looked like a cats claws and some like a something had been dragged off the bonnet. So with an orange hex pad and some v36 I had a go at it. Came up reasonably well, most of the scratches were removed, some are far too deep but it's definatly improved it. Just need to do the rest of the car now ?. Finished with a coat of meguires gold class wax, I think I will need to look into protection more before I do my car ?. I'm 100% sure this car has never seen any polish or wax before in its life!
Next up I need to practice paint spraying on it.

Attachments

• 20190323_171604.jpg
    20190323_171604.jpg
    494.7 KB · Views: 336
  • 20190323_155733.jpg
    20190323_155733.jpg
    270.7 KB · Views: 348
  • 20190323_155653.jpg
    20190323_155653.jpg
    269 KB · Views: 364
  • 20190323_155637.jpg
    20190323_155637.jpg
    279.8 KB · Views: 333

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Looks decent that Paul! Maybe get some touch up pens for it from ebay? Should cover up the front bumper marks easily.
Yeah I'd thought about a touch up but there's some scratches down to the black plastic underneath! I bought it because it's mechanically spot on, not because it's brand new looking. At least I won't be as pissed off when my daughter inevitably scratches it herself ?.