ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Black Gold (no)mod thread

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
MOT was passed eventually. The car was away for 5 days in all. The handbrake got fixed but it turned out it also failed on emissions:weary:. I told my mechanic to give it a good pasting before it went back but it still failed. I'd bought a used cat the other year to clear the permanent eml I had on and it turned out my original cat was empty so this time I said f**k it get a new one on there. Of course cat's for a 182 are'nt a stock item so another day wait for it to turn up. Did well in the end though. mot pass by Paul Dent, on Flickr
And just checking the cat is new:smile:
New cat, again. by Paul Dent, on Flickr
Typically the weekend it was sat in the garage was the first dry one for weeks so it missed a much needed bath. I managed to get a quick wash in this week though but the paint is very marred now. I know a man with a DA though and plans are a foot to give it a once over, I just need to find time for a good deep clean first. Just a bit of crap on the wheels after I'd cleaned them already:smile:
Same car, different s**t by Paul Dent, on Flickr
Next update will be more stuff I've still not yet done no doubt:tearsofjoy::up:

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Gave it a wash, poiish and quick wax with some megs stuff ready for Newby Hall tomorrow. The weather forecast is good so I'm hoping to see some gold pop after been at it 4 hours. Really needs attacking with a da though.
20180505_204842.jpg
20180505_204822.jpg
20180429_150139.jpg

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
All that work and I doubt anyone took a pic of my car today. We were shoved at the back, I blame @RenaultVirgin and his culture club sun strip for that?
Even I didn't take a pic of our little line up!

How was it mate? Sorry I wasn't able to make it. Can't believe you took no photos!

RenaultVirgin

Leeds & Surrounding
ClioSport Area Rep
  Integra Type R DC5
All that work and I doubt anyone took a pic of my car today. We were shoved at the back, I blame @RenaultVirgin and his culture club sun strip for that?
Even I didn't take a pic of our little line up!
I’ve got pics on the camera! Will post them in the thread when I get them on the computer.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
How was it mate? Sorry I wasn't able to make it. Can't believe you took no photos!
It was a bloody huge turnout, the biggest yet I think. Some really nice cars, it's amazing the variety of stuff that turns up. And for the third year running it was red hot, even with a dollop of suncream my bonce now feels fried ?
I've upped some pics in the citp thread ?. Massive lack of French cars this year?

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
20180510_150204_HDR.jpg

100k in the bag! I can't wait to get the suspension refreshed and wipe away the old car feeling it currently has. It's given me very little hassle over the last two and a bit years so definitely deserves it.

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Car looked great at the show mate :)

And you will love the new front suspension refurb - did it on my last RB and it drove like a brand new car after :)

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Car looked great at the show mate :)

And you will love the new front suspension refurb - did it on my last RB and it drove like a brand new car after :)
Cheers, it did polish up half decent.
I'm not looking forward to wrestling with rusty suspension, it'll probably be handed over to a garage for the battle to commence.

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Cheers, it did polish up half decent.
I'm not looking forward to wrestling with rusty suspension, it'll probably be handed over to a garage for the battle to commence.

Only real problem I had was getting the top hats of the suspension so drove the car down to the local tyre shop and had them gunned off in a few seconds :) even inner ARB bushed weren't too bad once the car was jacked up high enough and a couple of decent pry bars used.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Only real problem I had was getting the top hats of the suspension so drove the car down to the local tyre shop and had them gunned off in a few seconds :) even inner ARB bushed weren't too bad once the car was jacked up high enough and a couple of decent pry bars used.
High jack and pry bars, something else to add to the shopping list!

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
One day some of these bits will get fitted. One day.
IMG_20180526_140011.jpg

I had a drive down to @Coops Mk1 to collect the B14's today. Pleasure to meet you sir and to have a chat and nosy at your varied clio collective!
I'm sure my car is broken now. Got home and it's saying 39.5 mpg! The bugger never got any where near that in the first 2 years I had it. Suspicious.

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
It's the Derbyshire air matey, good for the lungs and cracking for the RS mpg!

Enjoy the suspension too, still a bit gutted I've sold up

Oh those recaros are also available...... Just saying

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
It's the Derbyshire air matey, good for the lungs and cracking for the RS mpg!

Enjoy the suspension too, still a bit gutted I've sold up

Oh those recaros are also available...... Just saying

Saying that is just like stroking his tip and leaving him laid there[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
One day some of these bits will get fitted. One day. View attachment 1367822
I had a drive down to @Coops Mk1 to collect the B14's today. Pleasure to meet you sir and to have a chat and nosy at your varied clio collective!
I'm sure my car is broken now. Got home and it's saying 39.5 mpg! The bugger never got any where near that in the first 2 years I had it. Suspicious.
Today is that day. Found purple powerflex bushes hidden under the muck on the arb so that's one job that's not getting done though [emoji16].
da60bc83f5f52c3b94fc173cb9cdb045.jpg

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
In my usuaul tardy fashion heres the rest of that last update!

So after a bank holiday Monday that somehow ended up as a bit of a piss up with 2 neighbours on the front lawn what better way to start Tuesday than a 2.5 hour drive at 5am? I had booked the car in with @bloke to have the collection of front suspension parts I had accumulated fitted. A steady drive north only hinderd by the Manchester motorway network being s**t I arrived at what would normally be an ungodly early hour for me to be out of bed?. Up on the ramp and Carl laid out the parts to be fitted. New genuine track rods and ends, new front abs rings, black series wishbone bushes and lemforder ball joints, black series arb bushes, black series steering rack bushes, new upper engine mounts and the B14's I aquired 3 days prior! All went well with no major hiccups, probably the biggest annoyance was me distracting Carl while deliving into his knowledge of future potential mods?. The arb bushes were'nt fitted bacause Carl spotted that I already had purple bushes on it. Bonus! The work still took a little longer than Carl planned but the car went up and down like a yoyo trying to set the ride height similar to the cooksports that had been removed. It's still a little bit lower than i would like but I'm going to leave it and see how it goes. How low was your RB @Coops Mk1 , scraping???. Many thanks to Carl for the work, I would still be on my back swearing at it now probably!
27686776847_14a57593d5_k.jpg
20180529_083421 by Paul Dent, on Flickr
27686772687_89f981b0c5_k.jpg
20180604_113250 by Paul Dent, on Flickr
40748574860_39f7edff94_k.jpg
20180604_113315_HDR by Paul Dent, on Flickr
40748574700_4718ea954a_k.jpg
20180604_113302 by Paul Dent, on Flickr
A nice steady drive home on the motorway and the car felt very different. There's a bit more noise and vibration but the ride over bumps is much smoother. There was also a twitchyness to the steering I did'nt have before, which became a problem when the sat nav advised I leave the motorway and had me on some bumpy B roads. As the tracking had'nt been checked I hoped that was the issue, but an odd knock and the steeringg pulling when manouvering did'nt fill me with confidence. I got booked in a couple of day later at a local place and his words were "it's miles out mate". He did say that after replacing all those parts it was never going to be right though. A quick adjustment and we went out for a test drive. I had'nt even got out their yard and I knew it was sorted. No twitching, no knocking, no pulling, just great feel, grip, ride and roadholding. Just what i wanted. I was well happy?. The last job to do was fit the covers on the front coilovers. I need a new jack now because mine is too high to get under the car?. i had to use the scissor jack to lift it a bit! i got these covers off ebay and the guy will make them any length and diameter you need for £22. I went for boring black because he did'nt have Bilstein yellow!
27686773357_1947b9ca7e_k.jpg
20180604_112516 by Paul Dent, on Flickr
27686768927_c673e98ae7_k.jpg
20180604_113517 by Paul Dent, on Flickr
How its sitting now.
28820055348_feda32029d_k.jpg
20180609_155353_HDR by Paul Dent, on Flickr
28820054958_19ecda3665_k.jpg
20180609_155343_HDR by Paul Dent, on Flickr
Front tyres looking are looking a bit worn now. Not good as they were only fitted last year. I'm gong to swap them to the rear so I can replace all 4 at the same time, probably with PS3's again.
28820058618_795ae2e568_k.jpg
20180604_114458 by Paul Dent, on Flickr
i managed to get the car looking half decent for SCITP the other week but theres plenty more work needed. Thanks to @cstarby I've added a Das 6 to my arsenal. i'm excited and nervous to have a go with it!
42504993392_4c80b7cc7a_k.jpg
20180505_204936 by Paul Dent, on Flickr
27824996477_a092df0ea5_k.jpg
20180609_155918 by Paul Dent, on Flickr

Next up I need a new aux belt tensioner as mine squeaks when on full lock, and the sump gasket could do with replacing. That scenic shifter I've had for a year or so might get fitted this year too. And the front brakes need doing soon. That'll be it then, finished. My Black Gold with (no) mods??

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah the back looks ok but the front is probably a bit low. Maybe.

As for spacers, well we've been there before and it was'nt a pleasant experience. I have been thinking it could do with some though.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Nice update Paul! Bet it really felt a lot different after having the tracking done. I don't think the black series make it that much harsher tbh.
I have to agree with @imprezaworks, it's a little too low at the front.

It's hard to judge with you being on 16's, you maxed out on the rear adjusters? Maybe try removing the silver insert and just leaving the black ring in place.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Yeah the back looks ok but the front is probably a bit low. Maybe.

As for spacers, well we've been there before and it was'nt a pleasant experience. I have been thinking it could do with some though.
I've been running watfields spacers and wheel studs for ages and not had a problem like you experienced. I think you didn't torque your wheel nuts ?

Coops Mk1

ClioSport Club Member
  Lots of Scrap...
Tbh pansy, can't believe you raised them, should of gone lower if anything ?

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
I've been running watfields spacers and wheel studs for ages and not had a problem like you experienced. I think you didn't torque your wheel nuts ?
My nuts were tight, probably the s**t powder coat on the wheels.
Just get 15’s. Done.
Got some in the shed. Been there years?
Tbh pansy, can't believe you raised them, should of gone lower if anything ?
They would'nt go any lower. Chav??

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Looks good Paul, maybe a bit too low on the front but easily sorted.

What you doing with the arb bushes? I need some for mine as I noticed last week that my current ones are all cracked.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Looks good Paul, maybe a bit too low on the front but easily sorted.

What you doing with the arb bushes? I need some for mine as I noticed last week that my current ones are all cracked.
Thanks, I've had a measure round it today and the drivers side rear is 10mm lower than the passenger. The front doesn't look too bad to me actually, although I think the camber needs looking at and it could do with spacers on. I'll address the height next weekend as busy today.
ARB bushes are just sat here doing nothing until I figure out what they are worth. Yours if you want mate.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Eml came in this morning when I was a mile from home. And stayed on. Did a quick scan and got this:
Screenshot_2018-07-18-04-59-58.png

Could my cat be fooked after 3 months and 4k miles? I think I'll be back at the garage on Friday for a refund.