ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Black Gold (no)mod thread

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
Tube03.jpg

???

Sj1782

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi s3 8p
Haha more or less yes! It was Steve revving in the video the little chav!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Picked the car up this afternoon, all good. Both front calipers refurbed, new pads in and all the air out! He did say that my abs rings are rusted and worn down. Apparently they are the worst corroded ones they have ever seen. To counter that he says my car is a good one and asked if it's cammed as it pulls so well.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Picked the car up this afternoon, all good. Both front calipers refurbed, new pads in and all the air out! He did say that my abs rings are rusted and worn down. Apparently they are the worst corroded ones they have ever seen. To counter that he says my car is a good one and asked if it's cammed as it pulls so well.

He was just being polite as he must have seen you welling up ;)

Haha more or less yes! It was Steve revving in the video the little chav!

You two will have Misfits and Yorkshire Clio stickers on next time I see you ... much chavness.

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
You going to change the rings yourself? Piece of piss really!

Louis

I Park Like a C**t
ClioSport Club Member
I've got some here if you need some working ones mate. Know it's a bit late now! Don't think they even checked mine at mot but they were at bit f**king slack.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
It's a pass[emoji1]. Only one advisory for exhaust slight leak. Had the tracking checked too a d that's spot on, he didn't even charge me for that so definitely a win thus morning.

It's a pass[emoji1]. Only one advisory for exhaust slight leak. Had the tracking checked too a d that's spot on, he didn't even charge me for that so definitely a win thus morning.

Id get those abs rings sorted before you decide to do the pump. Had some work done and the guy said that it needed a new abs pump, soon as i got on the road i knew it was the rings, nothing to do with the pump. Funny that the drive shaft actually snapped sometime after this, the mechanic said hed never ever seen it snap from the place it did. Got 2 new drive shafts with rings and that sorted the juddering!

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
I was told the abs rings were ok before that's how I ended up at a new pump. Rings are next job and hopefully the final one on the brakes.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
So I've had the 182 a year and 2 days, bit gutted I forgot our first anniversary but It's her 12th bitrhday on wednesday so I promised we'll have some fun then:smile:. Mot was passed the other day with 1 advisory for a slight exhaust blow, that's standard for a 182 I think so very happy. The list is still long but now the weather is getting better I'm more inclined to start getting jobs done. I must remember to take some pics to fill this out though! Here's one I took today, it's been a full on week of milestones!
33680687425_055de6c67c_o.jpg
2 days before she's 12, not bad going . by Paul Dent, on Flickr

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Been a while since my last update and that's because nothing has really happened with the car. just been plodding along with the odd fun drive home when finishing work on time. Seems there is a benifit to finishing at 4.30am, empty roads! The start of the fun way home last week:
34341932436_683c30aeb9_k.jpg
20170424_043413 by Paul Dent, on Flickr
Last weekend we had a Yorkshire mini meet. Did'nt quite got to plan as we seem to have had a slight mix up with our start locations. it turned out to be a very mini meet in the end with just @Steve_RS2250 and myself!
33572999823_277b9aa884_k.jpg
20170422_181655 by Paul Dent, on Flickr
Sorry Steve, you did'nt quite get out of shot!
This is a Clio though and there's always something ongoing. So bank holiday weekend you're either decorating or messing with the car, right? So I decided to have a look at my wonky exhaust, yeah I know it's exactly the same as it was last year! It looks like the back boxes need removing and the join to the centre pipe rotating to lift the LH tailpipe and then the RH box fitting to sit snug. While the WD40 was doing it's thing on the clamps I decided to look at what was knocking on the back bumper. It's definately not the exhaust because thats solid and it's only occasional, it happens when I shut the boot mostly. Turned out to be this:
34252310451_ef8a87a3cf_k.jpg
20170429_134141 by Paul Dent, on Flickr
It's the arch liner which sits below the bumper and knocks on the edge. Good job it was'nt sunny when I took this pic!
34252311341_a8016fd015_k.jpg
20170429_134154 by Paul Dent, on Flickr
So I decided to take the wheel off to remove the liner and have a clean while its off. Hmm thats when it went fully tits up. I searched and searched but can I find the locking nut key? Can I hell. Unless the wheels come off for an MOT (I don't think so?) then DDC have got it as they did my brakes the other week. I'm gong to have to sort it quick because my tyres are getting low and one has this stuck in:
34224571932_602b765cd2_k.jpg
20170429_135052 by Paul Dent, on Flickr
It seems to have worn down so hopefully it's been there a while and won't suddenly start to leak. Yeah I know I should'nt have said that! A bit peeved off I forgot about pissing around with the exhaust and put my toys away.
As the weather forcast was wrong for a bank holiday I decided to clean the car today. As It's SCITP next weekend I even gave it a quick coat of meguires ultimate that I won last year from the Adrian Flux comp. All my scratches are nice and shiny now but when the sun hits it it's like the last 10 mins of Gold Rush. It really pops! Anyone know how to capture it with a camera? I might not have time to polish the car again this summer as work is bonkers, I need to save this look!
34342013286_63119059d8_k.jpg
DSCN0435 by Paul Dent, on Flickr
34224669522_890a8672b7_k.jpg
DSCN0436 by Paul Dent, on Flickr
34252448311_3fd4e591e7_k.jpg
DSCN0437 by Paul Dent, on Flickr
Thats all for now. I have a couple of other things on the go but I'll keep them under my hat for now as I'm not sure when they will be completed, I'll try to remember to take pics as I progress though.

Thanks for reading, Paul.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Had 4 yokohama so drives fitted today. Car feels better than it did on bald PS3's, but the steering feels lighter, like the fronts are over inflated. Could be the old ones were under inflated mind. What's the book pressure for 195 45 16's?

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Update time. Firstly that missing locking wheel nut key. Turned out it was safe in the car the whole time I went back to DDC and after a quick look in their box he says he usually puts them in the boot or in the ashtray. Well my ash tray had a hole drilled in when I got the car which was great for running a aux cable through but my ocd could'nt live with the roughness of it so I started trimming it evenly and ended up with no bottom in the ash tray. So yeah there's my wheel nut key sat next to the OBD socket! Relief.
So lets have a look at that list I made a while back:
Things that NEED doin first.
1, Service is due so it's going to my local garage. I want all the fluids changing as I 've no idea when this may have happened previousley. Done.
2, ABS pump needs replacing to sort the low speed ABS pulsing. This will be done at the service. Done.
3, Check front suspension and steering for wear prior to MOT in March. All ok.
4, That bloody saggy exhaust needs fixing and a slight leak sorting. Still ongoing!
5, Tracking needs doing as steering wheel is off to the left. Must do this before new tyres go on, which won't be far off. Was checked and in tolerance but wheel is still slightly off centre.
Now things that I want to do to improve the car a bit.
1, A good machine polish to show how good or bad the paint really is. There's a plethora of stone chips that need sorting too. It's had a bit of a polish, but needs plenty more work.
2, Interior debobble and clean. Tomorrow. Hopefully!
3, Stop the annoying squeak thats in my ear from the door. I dunno what it is but it drives me barmy! Identified as the door card, still not fixed.
4, Stop the rattle from the rear. I think this may be the arch liner where its not screwed to the bumper properly. Fixed.
5, Decide what to do with the wheels. They are in need of a refurb but I want to add some colour to the car but I dont think it would suit the 182 wheels. Turinis this year then? Or do I try to complete my R19 set and paint those? Two sets of wheels purchased, one set powder coated ready to be collected tomorrow.
6, Spacers will be needed then! Yep they are needed.
7, Steering wheel and gearknob are worn . Anyone know if the round metal Megane RS knob will fit? Got a phase 1 172 knob, just need a scenic shifter to put it on.
8, Scenic shifter or PMS? Hmmm. As above.
9, DAB radio as our local stations are s**t. The aux input has stopped workiing now so all I have is FM radio. This may be priority No.1 now!
10, Speaker upgrade. I hoovered the car last week and some white fluffy stuff came out of the passenger side speaker grill! I'll investigate that one day. The fluff seems to have been added to stop vibrations. Still need to investigate fully.
11, Some dash parts are going a little bit sticky. Time for some more carbonfibre? Carbon fibre is the future. Just not sure when!
12, New mats needed. Still needed.
13, New door bullits needed as the carbon ones are chipped. As above.
14, Replace the broken wind deflectors? Done.
15, Replace the scratched windscreen? Still to do. I need to aquire a crack!
16, Fix the passenger wing mirror which does'nt demist. Seemed to have fixed itself. Will see next winter if it still works.
17, Clean and tart up engine bay. Can't have a fancy battery cover in a grubby bay now can we! Still grubby. Battery cover not fitted yet though.

So there we go, a few things ticked off. Not as much done as I'd hoped but the car has spent far too many weekends here:
20170601_013352.jpg

Yep sat at work. As the weather suddenly got hot the other week I realised that the air con did'nt blow overly cold. Luckily the windows work and that spurred me on to find time to fit the wind deflectors I'd had sat in a box for a month. I know they are a marmite thing, I like them on black clios though and I had some fitted when I first got the car. One dropped down though and the window hit it and a big chunk chipped off.
20170625_125636.jpg

New ones come with 2 clips per side but mine only had 1 clip. Probably why it dropped at the back.
I had the flashing EML three times and a quick scan revealed multiple misfires so I bought a set of new injectors ready to fit when I had a week off at the end of June.
20170701_143045.jpg

I also found the ABS rings and bought a new exhaust centre hanger for when I attacked that job. Then a shiny RS192 centre section popped up for sale on Facebook. £45 posted for a new style one with the flexi could'nt be passed up. Stamped 2016 so still like new.
20170701_160950.jpg

Guess what happened next? Yep it rained all bloody week! My plan to do these jobs while I had plenty of time had gone to s**t. Dry weather came my last weekend off so I decided to swap the injectors. All went well and the car ran smoothly afterwards. It only took 30 mins to do so spurred on I grabbed the axle stands and set about the exhaust swap. I had already lubed the clamps so everything undid ok. By the time I'd got the centre section half off I wished I'd just booked it in the garage though! Too late by then, off came the blowing old part.
20170701_201857.jpg
20170701_201908.jpg

Typical for a RS192 I hear! The flexi should prevent that happening again. New pipe nipped up it was time to start lining up the tail pipes. This is how they sat before:
FB_IMG_1474999845712.jpg

Left one low, right one high and to the left. Not a good look! it turns out they are a right pain to get right and although they are now more even in the cutouts they are both too low. I just could'nt get them any higher.
In progress:
20170701_173219.jpg

End result:
20170701_201226_HDR.jpg
20170701_201239.jpg

It looks slightly better! I think it'll have to go to the garage for more adjustment at some point. I finished up at 7pm so the ABS rings are still to do! That's us up to date now. Tomorrow the aircon is getting re gassed and the new wheels collected. The rest of the day is French Car Show prep. Next update will be opinion on the wheels and lots of clio siblings!

Brookie.

ClioSport Club Member
Last weekend we had a Yorkshire mini meet. Did'nt quite got to plan as we seem to have had a slight mix up with our start locations. it turned out to be a very mini meet in the end with just @Steve_RS2250 and myself!
33572999823_277b9aa884_k.jpg
20170422_181655 by Paul Dent, on Flickr
Sorry Steve, you did'nt quite get out of shot!

Familiar! One from 2011. Left to right - @Feirny @jenic me and @ipodsandguns

DSC_0718.jpg

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Just get some sockets banged in the rear hangers Paul. Bit pikey but got my exhaust sitting absolutely bang on doing that.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Just get some sockets banged in the rear hangers Paul. Bit pikey but got my exhaust sitting absolutely bang on doing that.
I put powerflex inserts in the rear hangers a few months ago pal. The arms on the back boxes will need bending but that will require some heat. Still on the list[emoji23]

Sj1782

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi s3 8p
I put powerflex inserts in the rear hangers a few months ago pal. The arms on the back boxes will need bending but that will require some heat. Still on the list[emoji23]

I'll do a swap

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Just got my new radio. The old Sony refused to read discs, then the aux stopped working and the radio sporadically forgot the presets. Sorry old girl but time to make way for DAB! now where do all these wires go? [emoji15]
c87b290937caaa2db83522d1c018af17.jpg

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
The instructions for the radio made my head hurt so I did this:
35956112931_05d53981df_o.jpg
turinis on by Paul Dent, on Flickr
Yep I've joined the flock and got some turini's! I know and I expect some flak, especially from @Sj1782 but I had to buy new tyres for the standard wheels so going to 15's seemed a waste of money. I'm a bit dissapointed in the finish, LCS powdercoaters said they were very corroded but I'm sure they could have gotten them a bit flatter than they have. Maybe next year I'll change the colour. Until then they will do.
36088815655_4929cd57db_o.jpg
Clios new boots. by Paul Dent, on Flickr
I've managed to remove the diamonds to clean them. Hopefully they will shine up ok, if not I'll have to spray them.
Clios new boots. by Paul Dent, on Flickr
Radio round 2 tomorrow!

Sj1782

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi s3 8p
Looks much better now!!! Just need a fast exhaust next [emoji102]