ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My Black Gold (no)mod thread

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Also you can have problems if you don't use a proper genuine CAT gasket kit when fitting, but i would check the readings of the lamda for sure.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
It ain't blowing. I may have saggy tips but my pipe is sealed tight! Maybe time for a new lambda sensor as I've no idea how old the ones fitted are. Is it possible to run a decat without having the light on permanently?

Sj1782

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi s3 8p
It ain't blowing. I may have saggy tips but my pipe is sealed tight! Maybe time for a new lambda sensor as I've no idea how old the ones fitted are. Is it possible to run a decat without having the light on permanently?

lol I read it as saggy tits [emoji23] stick a new lambda in and see if it improves? If not strip and sell?? I’ll have a few parts [emoji57]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member

I'm sure you can some how blank it out with Clip or when you remap etc. If you have the torque app i think you can get the live data readings and compare them to how it should be.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
I'm sure you can some how blank it out with Clip or when you remap etc. If you have the torque app i think you can get the live data readings and compare them to how it should be.
Yeah I think I have torque set to show the lambda readings. I'll have a try on my way home this morning. I'll be pissed if the cats dead though.

mossyv6

ClioSport Club Member
  Trophy,V6,5GT,AG200
Eml came in this morning when I was a mile from home. And stayed on. Did a quick scan and got this:View attachment 1375846
Could my cat be fooked after 3 months and 4k miles? I think I'll be back at the garage on Friday for a refund.

Was it a genuine cat you fitted as I have heard the non standard cats can be very hit and miss unfortunately mate :(

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Noticed last week the emissions light had gone off. Don't know when or why but I'm not going to worry about it until the next mot!

In other news, there's no other news?.
Pfa as the kids say.
20180819_230643.jpg

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Clocked 104000 miles the other day. It seems like ages ago that it hit 100k. I guess only doing the work commute keeps the miles down but where's the fun in that? Yorkshire guys we need to get out more next year!
Nothing much has happened with the car, not even washed it for ages?. Bought a new air filter as I noticed mine had a split in the rubber base. Stuck with the ramair one but had a struggle to fit it. The neck was smooth and greasy and the jubilee clip kept slipping off. I had to recruit my son to hold the filter while I held the clip and tightened it. Jesus you'd have thought I'd asked him to crawl under the car and clean it with a tooth brush?.
20181020_121016.jpg
I didn't think the old one looked too dirty but side by side is a fair bit darker.
A long running project I have is a scenic shifter to mod and fit. I'm not keen on the extra length of shaft that's visible with the standard gaiter though so I have been looking at options to remedy this. I found a guy on ebay who did me a longer leather gaiter to fit the clio mounting ring. Not wanting to rip mine apart I set about trying to find a used gaiter but as we all know they usually break the clips so eventually I gave up and bought a new gaiter. Good timing as RPD have them discounted at the moment. I can now pull mine apart knowing if it all goes tits up I've a brand new one as back up! While I was shopping I noticed the rear number plate lights were back in stock so I've got one of those too?. 
20181019_145857.jpg

One day I'll fit these bits. Good job I'm not planning on changing car any time soon?.
One thing that will be fitted is new headlamps. I'm picking a pair up next week and they will be going straight on. Mine are really getting on my tits now.
20181020_115843_HDR.jpg

The other night that was fully covered in water droplets, yes it's on the inside!
That's it for now, next update in the future! ?

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
45731499781_dc7f62532a_k.jpg
20181031_185255
Got a puncture last Thursday night. Looked like I picked up a screw in the yard at work?. Luckily we have a tyre pump on the compressor and the tyre stayed up long enough for me to get home. So Friday I took the wheel off and went to kwik s**t for a repair. Out comes the special gauge and surprise surprise it's too close to the edge for a plug. All they had were budget crap so off home I went to search for a replacement. Annoyingly all the big tyre places could'nt get me a tyre for 5 days and only one could get S-Drives. So I rang a local place I've not used since they broke my locking nut key years ago and they got two Michelin PS3's for me the next day!
45681035222_6e459c1e7c_k.jpg
20181105_123849
Yeah I know, they don't look new?. Car is filthy as usual. Current mileage is 104291so lets see how long they last. The yokos have been on just over a year and probably had 3mm left. I've averaged 24 miles a day since the car hit 100k and not much of that has been for fun. ?
In other news the gold fish got flushed as it no longer has a home?. I collected a pair of headlamps from @dCi_rep last week and swapped them over immediately! Thanks for the good deal Kyle?
45681035632_c097addb4a_k.jpg
20181105_123919

Next up, aux belt hopefully!

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah you did say they were grey ages ago. Hopefully I won't have to search for any more now as I wanted black one's but just couldn't live with the pond any longer! [emoji23]

I can’t remember what happened 3 days ago tbh, never mind what happened months back[emoji23]

Yeah at least Nemo isn’t haggling a lift every morning lol

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Ive got the same rubbing from when i got the PS3's fitted,also had S-Drives on before.Strange as same size tyre
Yeah very strange, I'd even say the S-drive have a more square shoulder to them so if anything they should rub. Maybe the PS3 diameter is slightly bigger?

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
Update time. So last Friday I took the car to @bloke for a couple of little jobs. It was noted last time I was there that the sump gasket was being aided by some silicone but was still weeping slightly and that the aux belt tensioner was a bit noisy at times so a new gasket and aux kit were top of the list. While the sump was off it made sense to fit some ARP rod bolts and have Carl fettle the oil pump to ensure I don't have any issues in the future. All went well until the new tensioner was fitted, when it turned out that one was stiff to pivot! Carl caressed it until it worked as it should so fingers crossed it stays good for a few years. The squeaking I had with the old one has gone so thats a good sign. ? Fresh oil and filter to finish the job and the car feels great.
While the car was up in the air I had Carl fit my scenic shifter. Now I've had this a long time so it was due some progress!
33018867968_fc3dce4ea5_k.jpg
20170921_032158 by Paul Dent, on Flickr
I had also purchased a MK1 172 shifter as I wanted the ball for my frankenshifter. God knows how I didn't lose it as I must have bought it over 2 years ago now?
33018860658_f01523ab7a_z.jpg
IMG_20170407_200041_050 by Paul Dent, on Flickr
Every custom shifter needs a fancy outer shaft, right? So a siutable aluminium tube was aquired? and back on the lathe i went.
46169282374_d910cf3780_k.jpg
20171012_013144 by Paul Dent, on Flickr
I'm not a fan of the extra shaft length visible above the gaiter so I made it to the same dimensions as the original scenic outer. However the original lift up taper didn't feel right with the ball so I extended that a little and it feels perfect now it's finally fitted. That leaves the lift up reverse ccable to secure somehow. I could have tapped a hole in the shaft and secured it that way, but wheres the fun in that? And I have a milling machine at my disposal so...
46169284074_d91ac64e0f_k.jpg
20171012_005804 by Paul Dent, on Flickr
A neat little notch made for the cable to sit in and the slot for the pin milled in the sides. Lovely!
33018866748_008a5af05d_k.jpg
20171012_013137 by Paul Dent, on Flickr
20180713_185545 by Paul Dent, on Flickr
Clio, Scenic and Oss outers together so you can see how much taller the scenic one is. And I even did a CAD drawing of it for future refrence!
46170113124_178d46879e_b.jpg
Shifter outer CAD by Paul Dent, on Flickr
So that's the top half sorted so onto the oily bits. I looked at the standard ball and it didn't seem like it would suffer from wear so replacing it with a new one wouldn't make any difference to the feel of the shift so I planned to fit a Yanoo stiff shift kit. Yanoo recomends the adjustable stiff shift 3 acompanied by brass bushes for the lower pivot and short shift to keep the change action similar to standard. The full kit popped up for sale on CS brand new for a discounted price so I jumped on it and it was tucked away in my parts box for a few months. I've got to say it's a quality piece of kit and very well made and now I've actually used it I would say it's definately worth the asking price.
39929307103_1ea48caf15_k.jpg
20180713_185219 by Paul Dent, on Flickr
So clio and scenic levers removed from the housings and ready to be stripped to the bare bones and replaced by stiff shift 3!
33018864558_527cf9940d_k.jpg
20180815_010718 by Paul Dent, on Flickr
Very easy to fit the kit and reassemble the shaft into the housing. The housing only needs a notch making for the adjustment screws on one side. That big circlip to hold it all in turned out to be a 2 man job though!

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
39929309913_973e5542d0_k.jpg
20180815_031535 by Paul Dent, on Flickr
33018864818_506b33dd4e_k.jpg
20180815_000549 by Paul Dent, on Flickr
46894194491_b48aff04b0_k.jpg
20190124_151918 by Paul Dent, on Flickr
And all assembled ready to be fitted to the car.
39929308303_961058b520_k.jpg
20190124_151905 by Paul Dent, on Flickr

I just need to fit the gaiter and then take some pics of it in the car. I'm well happy with how it looks and feels, it's definately an improvement over the standard stretch-to-reach shifter. New steering wheel will complete the driving position transformation I hope.

Last edited: