ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My 2007 Clio Dynamique SX

2008 Clio 1.4 Dynamique
Well David. As Bio thought, Im here to wax lyrical about the joys of lowering your car by 30mm and then being able to enjoy the car on a daily basis, get over speed bumps, park without kerbing the nuts off your kit etc. Mines like yours, Dynamique with the SX kit, standard 16 inch Canasta wheels and shes lowered on 30mm Eibach springs. I dont feel as though I wasted my money. It made the car much more driveable, Im more confident to push her into the corners and she grips much better than with standard suspension.

Theres pics of mine somewhere round here if you want a nose. All I will say is, shes your car so mod her the way YOU want to. Who cares what others think. As long as you are happy mate, thats all that matters. 30mm might not be hugely noticeable but I promise you, compared to standard it IS a big difference.

Megane 225
You just put it the way i like to hear it mate! will have a rummage through your threads and see if i can get some pics of yours, been offered some coils for a really good price so might take him up on it i think. Range from 35mm to 65mm so a nice range of drivability! with a car like mine, its all about the corners! its not the fastest thing on the road i will happily admit but its great for me, and i love it through the corners.

Thanks for your comments mate!

Slow red one
^ what he said, mines the same and lowered by 30mm I go faster round corners now than before and has no body roll compared to standard. but as said, just mod it the way you wanna:)

Homo spec mazda
My cars pretty damn similar to biohzrds old bus, painfully similar, black car on black 16inch canastas, black headlights etc. No SX kit as im not a massive fan of it to the point where i was offered an SX for the same price but didnt take it.

Mines lowered supposedly 45mm and has 25mm spacers all round, Its going on coilovers within the next month and maybe a bit wider at the back. Its not low enough for my liking but that will be sorted however, the springs have made it corner so much better and the wider track makes it feel so much more planted. If you dont want to go too low, springs certainly aren't a waste of money.

4320291772_60e3533580_o.gif

19368_284256748637_567498637_441044.gif

17178_429302885197_641895197_108689.gif

Megane 225
Thanks very much mate, think I'm just gonna be going for springs as I just can't justify the coils, especially with the body kit. Your car looks amazing! Just the slight touches make one big effect on your car. Things like the yellow fog lights and the blue indicator bulbs. Where abouts did you get them? Also where did you get your spacers? Been looking around for themfor a while!

Homo spec mazda
For the moment im running delta mics spacers and to be fair they havent put a foot wrong, 45 quid per axle.

The indicator bulbs are actually halfords ones, If you go in i think they're called 581s.

Megane 225
sofaboy, have just bought some 25mm fk spacers and some eibachs 30mm lowering springs. Have also just got my french number plates through for craigsplates.com and i think that could be the best £30 i have ever spent! they are amazing!

a018bb5d.jpg

Megane 225
well i got it remapped by angel tuning so its a bit better at overtaking. Its not fast but usually if i feel the need to go fast i go around the back roads, great at handling. How you finding it?

Megane 225
aye you never know, used to be a policeman as well before (in dumfries anyway) they became a bunch of power hungry hypocrites. have 9 points on my licence at the moment so might have to wait till april when they come off.

Megane 225
mines a 1.poor (4) thinking of trading it in for a 1.6

tell you what mate, i did not enjoy the test drive in the 1.6! the 1.2 tce has the same torque as the 1.6 and if you spend £200 on a remap you get 124bhp, 8 more than the 1.6! and you get a nice hiss off it at times:approve:

Homo spec mazda
tell you what mate, i did not enjoy the test drive in the 1.6! the 1.2 tce has the same torque as the 1.6 and if you spend £200 on a remap you get 124bhp, 8 more than the 1.6! and you get a nice hiss off it at times:approve:

But TCE's demand a big chunk more money, however may pop out in one of them too. looks like FCS is going to be a MK3 fest this year.

Megane 225
But TCE's demand a big chunk more money, however may pop out in one of them too. looks like FCS is going to be a MK3 fest this year.

Sorry to be an idiot but what's fcs? Tce is a much better engine, I was gonna be gettin the 1.6 till I drove it, just a revvy wee thing:)

Megane 225
Would def say it's worth doing, overtaking is a lot easier and just general driving is too, have to change gear a lot less! Mine cost me £220 from angel tuning in Troon, Ayrshire and took about an hour. So yeah, would get it done.

Megane 225
you been before? Was thinking about it but not until i have the car worth going with, will need to finish mine before thinking about it!

Megane 225
Aye I read that in your progress forum, nice one. Your Clio did look mint like. Well, got a few bits arriving for mine soon so will see how it all turns out.

The drinking and the banter the night before is cracking, shows not bad although it's a long day when you've had no sleep lol.

Megane 225
Can imagine! just need to think back to new year, and the day i was fitting the seats. Almost threw up in Halfords then! had to ask my mate to give me a lift there and back cause i was still to pissed to drive. Was a good night though!

Slow red one
Would def say it's worth doing, overtaking is a lot easier and just general driving is too, have to change gear a lot less! Mine cost me £220 from angel tuning in Troon, Ayrshire and took about an hour. So yeah, would get it done.
£220 aint bad, I had a quote for £350, was like f**k that!

Megane 225
yeah, thats what i got quoted originally and i did indeed utter the words "f**k that" but i got a text a wee while later and the guy offered me it for £250, managed to get him down to £220:cool:

Megane 225
No been doing much to the car recently. But i have noticed an alarming knocking noise from the rear brakes and sometimes from the front wheels when turning corners. Any suggestions to what this might be? And also i have buckled an alloy! pain in the arse!

Megane 225
Probably the last things to be done: Recaro fixed,

2ffe6fcc.gif

and switch installed in boot to control the interior glow lights:)

f43c7317.gif

Done me thinks:)

Megane 225
Ok another slight mod:) Underbody leds! switch for them inside now in the centre console so easy to switch on an off.

P1000361.jpg

P1000366.jpg

P1000368.jpg

P1000370.jpg

P1000373.jpg

Megane 225
And gave it a clean so pictures of the finished product, complete with freshly resprayed side strips and front spoiler!
540dfd5f.jpg

40f911e7.jpg

5e605924.jpg

Megane 225
Oh.. No you didnt!...

oh yes i did. thought this would be the reaction but widen your horizon with unusual mods!:rasp: not to everyones taste i agree but just looks a bit different and i had a massive roll of leds lying around so figured what the hell.

:p don't think people will like the 'neons'. Bar that it's looking good.

think your right;) havent had one fecking compliment yet! well, looks different and they are hardly ever on for those of you offended:evil: