ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My 182 Wreckstoration

Hi there!

Just bought a 182 for £650 with 106k, MOT until June. It's just going to be a home
project as insurance is complete joke at my age. (£6000 a year)

So the plan is too slowly build the car up to new condition and when I can afford to insure it, I will.

It needs a few things doing to it right off the bat:

• New Cam Belt (Due)
• New Dephaser Pulley (Sounds like a diesel when warm atm)
• Dipped beam is not working and not coming up on Dash.
• Sort out an oil leak(s) (Can smell burning oil from exhaust and there a tiny bit of oil dripping off the front under tray)
•Turning wheel sometimes there is a clunk/knock noise

Apart from that she seems OK.
image.jpeg

image.jpeg
image.jpeg
image.jpeg

Btw how old are you? 6k is mighty steep for insurance!
Have you tried Greenlight. If you meet their requirements, they are very competitive

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
Out of curiosity if it's £6000 a year now to insure it, how long is it going to be before you can actually use it?

Cleaned the bay up a bit.
Cleaned the boot including all the hinges, edges, etc.
Cleaned around door hinges, edges, etc.

It's looking like a tidy example but a few things under the bonnet need refreshing as mentioned above.

Would anybody beable to advise me on what is the most urgent things that need changing out of:

Auxilliary Belt
Dephaser Pulley
Water Pump

Out of curiosity if it's £6000 a year now to insure it, how long is it going to be before you can actually use it?
Well i'm 19 in september so as long as I build up my no claims i'm thinking by the time i'm 21-22. I also have a question and i'm sorry if it's a silly one. Because I won't be using this car for about 3-4 years, what the best method to keep it in good running condition over the few years it won't be used?

2014 Clio 200t edc
Directline can also surprise. They were good for me anyway.
Looks an absolute bargain that, well done. You can complain at the price you paid. Add £1000 for belts, refurb alloys and bits and pieces and you have an utter steal!!

Directline can also surprise. They were good for me anyway.
Looks an absolute bargain that, well done. You can complain at the price you paid. Add £1000 for belts, refurb alloys and bits and pieces and you have an utter steal!!
Thanks man! I got it off a collegues dad, he neglected it a bit but at this price yeah its bloody brillaint :up: Just gotta go through the slow process of saving £600 for the cambelt change and about £160 for the Dephaser pulley then it should be all steady from there

Admiral iirc and nope and I had an accident in 2011.
Managed to get a quote of £3700 so thats almost half! But I didn't mention my claim I made as I was curious how much it would drop it by.. And also put dad on as a named driver and put that I had 1 year no claims (I will if i don't crash until november) also its third party f&f

2014 Clio 200t edc
You should be able to get belts and dephaser done for <£600 I would think depending on where you are.

T12

ClioSport Club Member
  Monaco Clio 172
When I turned 20 it cost me just over £1000 to insure my 172 for a full year. Had 1 year NCB and no previous claims.