ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My 182 Wreckstoration

Daz.

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 200 RS EDC
If you're planning on 3 to 4 years I would punt it on personally.

If you did the belts now they would be close to being needed again when you started driving it!

I'd sell it and save the money - you could buy a nice mk3 in 4 years.

Akay

ClioSport Club Member
  Clubman Cooper S
Hmm seems very high! When I was 21 I insured my 182 for 1k, that was with Elephant, fully comp, business cover, 3 points and a claim!

Look around and add named drivers etc and fiddle with the parking on road/garage options and see what gets it as low as possible.

2014 Clio 200t edc
Definitely not worth sitting it around for 3-4 years. Mess with all variables as above but try every single insurance company, not just comparison websites. You will get it down and you'll be surprised by how much.
The 182 needs to be driven as you'll only get upset looking at it...... Especially at the bargain you've picked up. Failing that, I can insure it for about £300 so I'll use it until your insurance drops if you like? keep it ticking over etc.