ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My 172 Cup ~ OEM+

172 Cup
Bloody hell! You still alive dude!

Car is looking awesome as ever!

Haha alright mate long time no speak! Aye still alive dude but been very busy this last 10 months with the house (which is now sorted), so I have more time again for the car and the car scene in general :)

FCS...you going pal?

The best 172 Cup on here. Fact.

What is the mileage?

Wow thanks a lot mate! I like to think its amongst the best of them out there at the minute and I'm trying to keep it that way. The current mileage is just over 53k ;)

172 Cup
Just a very brief update, the Cup had its MOT towards the back end of last year which it passed :)

I have fitted a new crystal clear rear number plate light cluster which freshened up the back bumper and have mainly been maintaining the car, keeping it clean and tidy etc etc.

It will be going up for sale over the next few months however to make way for a new project!

Pics of the car nice and clean to follow.

Just like to say best 172 Cup bar none, mine looks similar if I'm standing + 60meters away when it's been cleaned, you'll have no problem selling that I reckon you'll be sorry to see it go.

Regards Russ......

yeecup

ClioSport Club Member
  mk8Fiesta ST,172 cup
Just a very brief update, the Cup had its MOT towards the back end of last year which it passed :)

I have fitted a new crystal clear rear number plate light cluster which freshened up the back bumper and have mainly been maintaining the car, keeping it clean and tidy etc etc.

It will be going up for sale over the next few months however to make way for a new project!

Pics of the car nice and clean to follow.

let me know when your selling please

172 Cup
Pics Jimbo?! :)

I'll get some pics next weekend hopefully dude! There's plenty of other pics of her earlier in the thread too.

Just like to say best 172 Cup bar none, mine looks similar if I'm standing + 60meters away when it's been cleaned, you'll have no problem selling that I reckon you'll be sorry to see it go.

Regards Russ......

Thanks alot man. I know I will be sad to see it go when the time comes, it has been a good servant to me and has truly been a pleasure to own but I'm craving a new project to get stuck into as I have achieved everything I wanted to with the Cup and have owned it for well over 3 years.

let me know when your selling please

The plan is to put it up for sale around April/May time mate so by all means I can drop you a PM and let you know if you would like ;)

Perfect! Exactly what i aim to achieve with my cup.

Cheers! :)

172 Cup
The car is now for sale (please see the for sale section for more details) as I picked up my new car on Saturday. I'll be sad to see her go but its been a great few years of ownership!

Mini GP2
Just finished reading this read from beginning to end, absolutely fantastic work you have done to this car. There's something about a mint 172 Cup, sorry to hear you are selling but someone is going to get a fantastic 172 Cup with all the right bits done.

172 Cup
Just finished reading this read from beginning to end, absolutely fantastic work you have done to this car. There's something about a mint 172 Cup, sorry to hear you are selling but someone is going to get a fantastic 172 Cup with all the right bits done.

Thanks a lot mate! :D

I have thoroughly enjoyed owning the Cup and if circumstances ever changed in the future I would certainly have another, really wish I could keep hold of it and track it but finances just wont allow it.

Titanium 182 FF
Lovely car! given me a lot of ideas for tidying up mine... What type is your OMP wheel and what size? cheers

172 Cup
Well today I said good bye to the Cup after nearly 4 years of great ownership :dapprove:. It has been a pleasure to own and would certainly have another as a weekend toy!

She has gone to a good home by the sounds of things and will be looked after well.

For now I have a low mileage EP3 Civic Type R but as my personal circumstances changed recently I may treat myself to an S2000...

Great work on this car perfectly subtle I've got to say touch gutted you sold as this is just what I'm after come September. This is my first post just been stalking everyone looking for a well loved car. Knew this wouldn't be up for sale for long. Enjoy the new car.

172 Cup
Lucky new owner, any pics of the ep3?

I have a few pics of the EP3 that I need to get posted up dude yeah but tbh I don't think a lot will happen with it as I will probably get an S2000 in the near future.

Great work on this car perfectly subtle I've got to say touch gutted you sold as this is just what I'm after come September. This is my first post just been stalking everyone looking for a well loved car. Knew this wouldn't be up for sale for long. Enjoy the new car.

Haha Cheers! They are good little cars and I am sure you will find the right car for you.

I'm just gonna post updates in here to keep it all in the same place!

I bought this car from james, very pleased with it! I will be continuing the OEM+ theme as i don't want to spoil it!

When i picked it up there was an annoying squeak that seemed to worsen with 2 people in the car, turned out it was an exhaust mount rubbing on the rear with the extra weight in, that was fixed easily.

pa5a8ure.jpg

Up to now this has been my weekend toy and I've not done many miles in it, but in a couple of months time it will be my daily, really really don't wanna put the miles on it!

Plans are simple, as in all honesty i want to upgrade in the not too distant future, really fancy a meg r26.

Today i sprayed the bullets silver to freshen them up

a8usu4am.jpg
8yravy7a.jpg
a8ysudy4.jpg

Repaired some kerb marks that I did on day 1.. Doh

yqu4a6yb.jpg

Possibly tomorrow i will be spraying inlet/engine mount etc

To do:

Full Service
Tyres all round these contis are past their best
Belts - by either dtm as they arse close, or MickPM as I've had work done by him in the past

So today i decided to give the engine bay a refresh as it wasn't up the the standard of the rest of the car, was tempted to put some colour in there but went for the simple original-ish theme.

Before:
va3u7e9u.jpg

During:
epuhe8uz.jpg

a8apu8ar.jpg

After:
a3abe4un.jpg

Next on the list for the engine bay is a new header tank + type d coolant, maybe a ktec induction kit but I'm not 100% on that at the moment.

Few bits bought to go on today
a2ff72c4adb5fad71c47c761d9704dbd.jpg

4b94f42fd232798631692f52c07a80e0.jpg

Oil
Oil filter
Coolant
Plugs
Pollen filter
New style rs badge
New front pirelli pzeros for the front
Drivers engine mount
New header tank

Cheers boys.

Nightshift last night and up all day sorting the clio :) all service parts on (apart from pollen filter.. I dont have one apparently [emoji1])

Also got rid of the old badges for the new one, fitted new header tank and a smaller ariel and gave it a clean.

870419a8ca87e6dc3070e866ba0dcb5a.jpg
5de199acfb4d5b36718e4fc50f30d05d.jpg
7318b29f656d294b18db2426a9e23018.jpg
8d370e52eff4a2eb5298eda087a52a0c.jpg
d4dd47678c906c32091648dd4f2f4370.jpg

Monaco 172
Minter, been thinking of fitting the new badge also. Does it literally just stick on over the holes from the old one?
Really does neaten up the back end

Yeah had to line it up just right to cover both but was ok, the top right of the R is over one and the other hole is under the other side somewhere i forget :)