ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

my 172 cup not as fast as it use to be?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edd

ClioSport Club Member
  Ghibli/Boxster/197T
I don't think it should be locked as it needs to be seen by potential "swappers". Make it a sticky.

five stars.

on a serious note, get it checked out to asses how much it would cost to ''fully'' repair, or sell it making the buyer aware of the problems... wont you feel guilty selling someone a car thats not fit for its purpose?

I'm not defending Maz's actions for lying, however surely if someone did go to see this and bought/swapped for it, they would be just as much a t1t?

Surely they would instantly notice its got issues?

B/G 182 + PH1 Track
I'm not defending Maz's actions for lying, however surely if someone did go to see this and bought/swapped for it, they would be just as much a t1t?

Agreed, but if you had traveled a decent distance you d be pissed. I know its the same with most car adverts but its very annoying.

how? not everyone is clued up as ''us lot''
if anything was noticed

''how comes its doing this''

''oh its like that, dont worry though, my car is mint IIRC''

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Strange boy but even his sentence construction show he's a bit special.

Nissan 350z
As funny as i find this whole thread i cant help but feel really disappointed when someone has the misfortune of picking this up from a forecourt after he part exchanges it in. Dishonest pricks like him will just mean someone else will loose out in the long run :(

clio rs
selling this car and saying it has no faults would be unrealistic. The buyer would want to test the performance of the car, Iv now been qouted £500 for new pully and belts. I will then sell the car highlighting the work carried out.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
selling this car and saying it has no faults would be unrealistic. The buyer would want to test the performance of the car, Iv now been qouted £500 for new pully and belts. I will then sell the car highlighting the working carried out.

Pulley & belts? Why would you change them before knowing what the other problems are? FFS ...

JUST TAKE IT BACK TO THE GARAGE THAT REBUILT IT

Pug 205 gti
Maz, you really cant be that much of a mongtard to not listen to anyone who's been telling you to take it back to the garage who did the rebuild. Pulley's an belts would be the last thing i'd be thinkin of doing. But it's upto you, you've done what you've wanted after people have given you advice an you prob will again.

E90
Compression test FTFW!!!!!! Belts will have feck all to do with it being sluggish or slow, unless they have snapped in which case it wouldn't move full stop.

ANYONE and I repeat ANYONE that sells a car and aint honest is a bonefide c**t. Watch pistonheads, and look how quick the cars sell, where the seller has been honest and listed everything that they know is wrong. Fair enough you can't tell if a belt will snap etc etc, But if you knowingly sell it as running well, when you know it aint, you should be shot, hopefully karma will give those people the reach around.

Barge
Maz, you're a class A r****d! Take it back to where you had the engine rebuilt, and get them to fix it. Dont phone them, don't send them letters. Just take the f**king car there for them to look at?!?!

This.

surely admin should ban this womble?

Probably. However, he'd probably still sell it to some PLC who'll then get stuck with it. I'd rather he was an active member on here so that when he does manage to babbage it he can be publically flogged.

Pulley & belts? Why would you change them before knowing what the other problems are? FFS ...

JUST TAKE IT BACK TO THE GARAGE THAT REBUILT IT

Yep.

Take it back. It'd be the first thing I'd do. And I'd abandon the f**ker right infront of their garage with a big sign saying "They f**ked my car."

You also want to get it raised with trading standards, they need to know about these things pretty much from the word go to be able to help you properly if the garage won't play ball.

Until you've actually been back to the garage who rebuilt it for you, you'll get very little help on what to do. YOU NEED TO GET THE PROBLEM DIAGNOSED. THERE'LL BE VERY FEW OTHER GARAGES WHO'D BE LIKELY TO TOUCH THIS!

If you sell this on under the premise that it's "mint"... To ANYONE... You're really behaving like a grade A c**t - not that you're not already for trying to flog this to CS members.

You're not really helping yourself out here by not going back to where you got this rebuild done. You paid for their services, they didn't do it correctly, it's under warranty (I take it from your PMs to people) therefore if it breaks you're allowed to take it back and they have to correct it. FFS it's not difficult.

Barge
Finicky, what can I say. I still don't have it yet mind. They're getting a visit tomorrow, LOL. :D

This guy sounds more unlucky with cars than me, but he's not helping himself.

S3, Polo
The fact that the glaringly obvoius is being ignored can only lead one to assumption: That it hasn't had the work that has been mentioned and is *now* a general rotter that has been run with no oil or mechanical sympathy of any sort.

:S

ph1 track weapon
I've been after the sodding trendlines for ages! he's supposed to be trading it in and me having the seats, but we'll have to wait and see i guess

Chris205

ClioSport Club Member
  Many Things
There is clearly an underlying reason why he hasnt left the car with them,

Its either been running well once ran in then he's kicked its head in and now its running like a lump of s**t?

I cba to read the dribbling on in other threads about whats wrong but sounds like the fact you've ran it without oil has probably damaged something

Do yourself a favour, give your head a shake, grow some b****cks and go and stand your ground at the rebuilders workshops and not leave until they're undertaking work under the 'warranty' on your vehicle, and diagnosing the problem, fixing it, and if they dont fix it refuse to pay for any parts, that is if you have nothing to feel guilty about :)

Status
Not open for further replies.