ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

My 1.2 clio project

1.2 Campus Sport
sweet looking ride, that's the beauty of working in a related industry....so stuff all the 'why didn't you just save and buy a 172 etc' plumbs....a self build is the best build and the proudest of achievments..good on yer mate.

Clio 1.2 16v dynamic
sweet looking ride, that's the beauty of working in a related industry....so stuff all the 'why didn't you just save and buy a 172 etc' plumbs....a self build is the best build and the proudest of achievments..good on yer mate.
Thank you mate it's getting there the list goes on for car parts Anna iv finally got it how I wanted it when I first started

Clio 1.2 16v dynamic
image.jpeg
Had a little photo shoot last night only got a couple more things to do till its spot on now

Clio 1.2 16v dynamic
Best way mate. I wish I waited till my 1.2 engine went bang. Look forward to see what you do with urs next. Looks nice in black :smile:
Got my show cage and lowering it a bit more Wednesday then the false floor In the back then gonna sort out the body work

Clio RS 200 Gordini
it's not to bad £1800 with mods declared mate @Goodj

Holy poo....

£1800? I think I paid about £1500 for my 1.2 Mark 2 Clio. Mad how prices keep going up. I bought my 200 at 20. I'd recommend you slow down with the mods and save for something with a bit more punch because when you get to 20, you'll be itching like mad for it.

Don't spend the money doing an engine change, just buy a 182 and swap all your stuff over to it. Far cheaper and you don't have to deal with the hassle of a car being off the road then.

Clio 1.2 16v dynamic
Holy poo....

£1800? I think I paid about £1500 for my 1.2 Mark 2 Clio. Mad how prices keep going up. I bought my 200 at 20. I'd recommend you slow down with the mods and save for something with a bit more punch because when you get to 20, you'll be itching like mad for it.
Iv just started my new Insurance It's now £900 with only 1 year no clames and only been driving for a year and a half I'm 21 now but it's so cheap to run I love it about £60 a mouth on petrol 58 mpg atm not to bad when the engine goes I'm gonna put a sport engine in

Iv just started my new Insurance It's now £900 with only 1 year no clames and only been driving for a year and a half I'm 21 now but it's so cheap to run I love it about £60 a mouth on petrol 58 mpg atm not to bad when the engine goes I'm gonna put a sport engine in

I'm in the same boat as you, power isn't everything to me.
I have a 182 in the garage that i cannot justify insuring, taxing and running when I have a wide tracked DCI that does 70mpg and does the corners better than my 182 that needs love.

Clio 1.2 16v dynamic
I'm in the same boat as you, power isn't everything to me.
I have a 182 in the garage that i cannot justify insuring, taxing and running when I have a wide tracked DCI that does 70mpg and does the corners better than my 182 that needs love.
Yeah i know what you mean saves a lot of money I'm happy with my 1.2 not the fastest but it does me for now

Radugns

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 ph2
Very nice little update. I also want to make e 182 replica exhaust for my Clio. Could you please take some more pics with the exhaust? From top maybe to see the cornering of the tips?
Thanks
Radu

Clio 1.2 16v dynamic
Very nice little update. I also want to make e 182 replica exhaust for my Clio. Could you please take some more pics with the exhaust? From top maybe to see the cornering of the tips?
Thanks
Radu
@Radugns yeah sure I'll take some tomorrow and post them out on hear for you :)

Radugns

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 ph2
Thanks a lot. The tips are 3"? Very very nice exhaust, with this your rear look of the car will be nothing but briliant!

Looks nice, I've just read through the whole thread, and to be honest when it first started I was kind of thinking wtf ? as some of the mods weren't my thing, but you've really turned things round. It looks really nice now. Great job! :cool:

Clio 1.2 16v dynamic
Looks nice, I've just read through the whole thread, and to be honest when it first started I was kind of thinking wtf ? as some of the mods weren't my thing, but you've really turned things round. It looks really nice now. Great job! :cool:
@cat171 thank you I appreciate it mate it's all coming along nice now it's getting there got a lot more planned for it to come

Radugns

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 ph2
With 2 persons plus me in the car I hit when going outside the underground parking, so lower than 35mm is not a good option for me. Because of your 60mm springs, the rear looking of the car, in my opinion, is one of the best I've seen on Clios.

Clio 1.2 16v dynamic
With 2 persons plus me in the car I hit when going outside the underground parking, so lower than 35mm is not a good option for me. Because of your 60mm springs, the rear looking of the car, in my opinion, is one of the best I've seen on Clios.
My car is lowered 120mm all round now Havant got much grand clearance at all and yeah 35mm said Utd be good then the under grand parking is bad ahah @Radugns

Radugns

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172 ph2
Maybe the RS is different in terms of stock ground clearance. I just want to go -35mm to the stock clearance.