ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mr Plums Progress.. Clio 182 Turbo!

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
Re: ArcticClio182...progress..

Wheels still look great Tom, slightly undecided on the decals though. Hurry up with the cup splitter lad! ;)

RB Clio 182

Wheels still look great Tom, slightly undecided on the decals though. Hurry up with the cup splitter lad! ;)

I know mate, im undecided on them too :S

I only put them on because i got them for free lol, they are easily removed tho, im waiting a while before i get the cup splitter as its a whole lot of cash for abit of plastic lol.

​Thanks :)

RB Clio 182

I fitted some bosch front wiper blades today as my old ones were knackered, ive also fitted mintex grooved and drilled discs and mintex pads, im getting some ferodo ds 2500's soon to replace the front ones, i only fitted them because they came free with the discs.

I know people say stick with the plain discs but i think the drilled and grooved look better so thats why i chose them, im not sure the grooves are facing the right way but they dont really do anything anyway so im not too fussed, as i say there just for looks really...

CAM01158_zpsc8124d11.jpg

CAM01194_zpsae5d6b42.jpg

CAM01159_zpsf8f5f765.jpg

CAM01192_zps3c55f3d5.jpg

RB Clio 182

engine oil
oil filter
coolant
spark plugs
cup pack front splitter

All ordered today :)

RB Clio 182

A few little things have turned up recently, me and my mate will be servicing it in the next couple of days...

CAM00059_zps4c2f5b4f.jpg

​Im still waitng for my cup splitter to turn up too :)

RB Clio 182

This turned up today which ill be fitting later on :)..

CAM01220_zps69a738f0.jpg

Nice new shiny cup pack splitter...

CAM01221_zps14dc8765.jpg

CAM01222_zps4b71d3f2.jpg

Ill get some pics up when its fitted later on today :)

RB Clio 182

​New spark plugs, coolant, oil and filter changed today, all genuine items used.

Nice new coolant :)..

1ca6b9a4-a370-4bfe-889a-b98b1994244e_zps4f998356.jpg

I also fitted my cup pack splitter, the cars dirty and my phone cameras crap but it looks so much better than the fabia one with the ends chopped off with with a pick axe!..

CAM01231_zps0c693e96.jpg

CAM01235_zps4029229b.jpg

A new alloy foot rest and a new gear knob insert next, then im thinking of having my steering wheel re trimmed, im also thinking of having my A-pillars, sun visors and roof lining all done in alcantara.

E46 M3 & UR Quattro

Looks much better mate! Cup splitter looks a million times better.

RB Clio 182

Looks much better mate! Cup splitter looks a million times better.

Thanks mate :)

Are you going to ccs?

Im giving the car a serious detail the friday before, cant wait.

Ive niticed i need some new front tyres too :(, going to get t1rs all round next month, i want all the same tyres all round lol.

E46 M3 & UR Quattro

Are you going to ccs?

Im giving the car a serious detail the friday before, cant wait.

Ive niticed i need some new front tyres too :(, going to get t1rs all round next month, i want all the same tyres all round lol.

I was hoping so mate but I don't know if I will have the car back in time, got carried away with the bodywork lol! We will see.. I definitely will be at FCS, you going?

RB Clio 182

I was hoping so mate but I don't know if I will have the car back in time, got carried away with the bodywork lol! We will see.. I definitely will be at FCS, you going?

Just put my name on the list mate :)

Cant wait to see some pics of your car, what have you done to it so far? Or are you revealing all when its complete? :D

Love the wheels, nice upgrades too!

​Thanks guysy ;)

E46 M3 & UR Quattro

Just put my name on the list mate :)

Cant wait to see some pics of your car, what have you done to it so far? Or are you revealing all when its complete? :D

Good lad!

Its pretty much just a full refresh to be honest mate, mechanical and cosmectic with a few mods thrown in for good measure. Just going for subtle this time as I went way to far on my last car and it lost all the enjoyment other than for that one day in May when the sun out and the road is clear ahead lol!

Should have it back by next Monday with a bit of luck so I will get some photos up shortly.

RB Clio 182

Good lad!

Its pretty much just a full refresh to be honest mate, mechanical and cosmectic with a few mods thrown in for good measure. Just going for subtle this time as I went way to far on my last car and it lost all the enjoyment other than for that one day in May when the sun out and the road is clear ahead lol!

Should have it back by next Monday with a bit of luck so I will get some photos up shortly.

Nice one mate looking forward to it :)

I cant believe how much fun the 182 is compared to my vxrs, you darn't tell them on vxro tho as they think there cars are the best thing since the megadrive lol.

RB Clio 182

I decided to paint my lower grill satin black today to match all the other plastics as it stood out like a sore thumb, ill get some pics up tomorrow after a clean.

RB Clio 182

​A few pics after a quick wash of the lower grill which has been painted, i realised it looked a bit more matt than the other plastics so ive just checked the spray can and i bought matt black instead of satin lol :banghead: It looks alot better than it did but ill probably end up doing it again satin as its bugging me already...

854d4c8e-8aa1-4b61-98bc-bf3d390e4608_zps10200fc7.jpg

918662e4-2189-4612-9072-7751ad73b0f8_zps62f26436.jpg

25f72d41-f62a-4596-86c8-1f44ee4f1b7e_zpsc9ef3d08.jpg

css13 sticker added, the sticker is on straight before anyone comments, it doesnt look it because of the lines of the car, but i used a spirit level to line it up so it is lol...

67619780-7f00-429f-9766-cc87d865dd9b_zpsc643b1fa.jpg

62b878dc-6c1c-49af-8898-787c03f81cdc_zps5287ac91.jpg

The car will be getting a full correction detail next friday by myself for the meet.

danward

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i

Looks immaculate dude. Love the refreshed grills too, tempted to do mine.

RB Clio 182

Looks immaculate dude. Love the refreshed grills too, tempted to do mine.

Thanks dan :)

Its nearly how i want it cosmetically now, just a few interior changes then i might think about some power gains, im not 100% yet, although if i do im loving the n/a power delivery so it would probably be boddies.

Do the plastics mate its a pretty simple job, it makes such a difference to the front end.

​Thanks again mate :)

RB Clio 182

​Just a quick update on the bottom grill i ballaxd up on and painted matt black instead of satin black :banghead:

Its now satin black to match the rest of the plastics ;)

I also re did the top grill and fog surrounds as they had a couple of chips(not bad) so now it looks all nice and new again for cliosport saturday next week :)

b64ed655-bb4b-458e-8760-3f4566942bdf_zps154958c9.jpg

5932a548-84b1-40cf-abf2-ea36bb9822a9_zps2069292b.jpg

8619794d-08b1-4bbc-9328-367075aba466_zpsaf5500ab.jpg

162338a6-d8d4-43b7-b83d-47b5d161b3f3_zps9615d840.jpg

RB Clio 182

Ive given the car a detail today for cliosport saturday tomorrow.

Ive given it the full works so hopefully we can get some nice pics :)

RB Clio 182

Just ordered four new toyo t1rs even tho the back michelins have about 4-5 mm on them, i think they might be the origional tyres because they have airline cracks in the side walls so i thought it was time to change them too.

RenaultSport 182FF

css13_zps6cb5eee0.gif

Unfortunately it would seem all of your photoshops skills with regards to covering up your number plate have now gone down the drain ;)

Did look nice in person though :)

RB Clio 182

Unfortunately it would seem all of your photoshops skills with regards to covering up your number plate have now gone down the drain ;)

Did look nice in person though :)

Lol, ahh well, saves me doing it anymore :D.

Someone posted it in the css13 pic thread so it ended there tbh lol.

Cheers mate, was gutted about the rain, it looked mint before i set off.

RB Clio 182

Rusty brake discs.. You disappoint me lol!

I know mate im gutted :(

I was going to order the zinc coated ones but forgot when i ordered them lol, i might go round the edges with my silver hammerite i used on the calipers :)

1.6 ZS + Clio 182 FF

Grills looking good! Did you take the bottom and fog surrounds off to spray them or did you do them on the car?

E46 M3 & UR Quattro

I know mate im gutted :(

I was going to order the zinc coated ones but forgot when i ordered them lol, i might go round the edges with my silver hammerite i used on the calipers :)

I had mine powdercoated, you will see when I finally do a progress thread lol! Looking forward to FCS now mate? You just coming down for the day?

RB Clio 182

I had mine powdercoated, you will see when I finally do a progress thread lol! Looking forward to FCS now mate? You just coming down for the day?

Hurry up and get your thread up lol.

Im not coming now mate, ive asked to be removed from the list as something has cropped up for that weekend so i can no longer make it :(

Im gutted but there will be more meets in the future :)

I seen in the thread you are wanting to be taken off the list too? Why is this again mate? :)

E46 M3 & UR Quattro

Hurry up and get your thread up lol.

Im not coming now mate, ive asked to be removed from the list as something has cropped up for that weekend so i can no longer make it :(

Im gutted but there will be more meets in the future :)

I seen in the thread you are wanting to be taken off the list too? Why is this again mate? :)

I got approached by the organisers of French Car Show to display the Clio in there themed paddocks area. Obviously couldn't turn down that opportunity so I'm still going but not on the CS Stand.

Thats a shame mate, was looking forward to seeing your car.

RB Clio 182

I got approached by the organisers of French Car Show to display the Clio in there themed paddocks area. Obviously couldn't turn down that opportunity so I'm still going but not on the CS Stand.

Thats a shame mate, was looking forward to seeing your car.

Where did they approach you/contact you? Thats great mate, you might get it pictured in some magazines :)