ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mr Plums Progress.. Clio 182 Turbo!

E46 M3 & UR Quattro
Re: ArcticClio182...progress..

Thanks mate :)

Where did they approach you/contact you? Thats great mate, you might get it pictured in some magazines :)

I think you can apply on there website but I got phoned by Mark who is the organiser to ask me if I was interested after someone mentioned my car to him.

RB Clio 182

I think you can apply on there website but I got phoned by Mark who is the organiser to ask me if I was interested after someone mentioned my car to him.

Thats great mate, it desrves it, it immaculate :)

If situations change closer to the day ill let you know and ii put my name back on the list, hopefully ill be attending :)

E46 M3 & UR Quattro

Thats great mate, it desrves it, it immaculate :)

If situations change closer to the day ill let you know and ii put my name back on the list, hopefully ill be attending :)

Thanks mate.

Well if you wanted to come down the night before your welcome up stay at mine as I only live 20-25 minutes away.

RB Clio 182

Ive had the tracking done today and my steering wheel realigned, the steering feels even better now as my tracking was out causing un even tyre wear on my previous tyres, well happy :)

RB Clio 182

So yesterday i decided to do a bit of painting.

Steering wheel insert gloss black with original decal added in white...

CAM01364_zpsdd7661e5.jpg

interior stips in gloss black with original air bag sticker in white added...

CAM01375_zps4a9bfa98.jpg

Gearknob insert sprayed gloss black with white numbers added...

CAM01356_zps00a9d9ea.jpg

interior before...

CAM00457_zps79972a70.jpg

interior after, it looks a bit better imo as i hate chrome although its due a clean and sprucing up a little...

CAM01376_zps0df1c5f5.jpg

Ive also ordered an alloy foot rest, also sometime in the near future ill be getting my steering wheel refurbished by snappy on here.

I have also sprayed the upper and lower grill as well as the fog surrounds gloss black, they were origionally satin black but i fancied a change...

Excuse all the bugs, the car needs a clean...

CAM01397_zpscfeddf8d.jpg

​Thanks.

danward

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i

Liking the gloss black grilles and fog surrounds, looks a lot fresher.

RB Clio 182

I really like this car. How do you find your Apex springs?

Thanks again :)

​I find them sound mate, not much firmer than the cup pack ones imo and a lot less roll, im happy with them, they give a nice stance too :)

RB Clio 182

I thought Apex were biblically harsh on the ride?

​front end looks nice.

Ive heared this too mate but i honestly couldnt tell any difference at all apart from the height difference, i had them fitted when the car was on 48k so im guessing the shocks were in good condition which probably helps.

I honestly dont think there a bad ride at all unless im just used to it now :)

Thanks mate :)

RB Clio 182

​I had a brand new sparkling wind screen fitted today due to a stone chip and a crack i got the other day by a car flicking it up onto my screen.

Im glad in a way because the windscreen was badly scratched due to the previous owner not changing the wiper blades, it was also looking tired and old so in a way im glad as it makes the car look a lot fresher :) although im £75 down :(

CAM01497_zps7240d97d.jpg

CAM01499_zps670c72d8.jpg

Looking all new again :)

RB Clio 182

Ive booked the car in for the bonnet and front bumper re sprayed, im dropping it off at the bodyshop tomorrow and picking it up on saturday, i cant wait to pick up my stone chipless car :)

Ill post some pics up on saturday after ive given it a clean :)

E46 M3 & UR Quattro

Good news mate, quick turn around too! How much are they charging you if you don't mind me asking..

RB Clio 182

The bodyshop rung me today to say my car was ready, im really pleased with it now, it looks almost factory fresh, ill get some pics up today or tomorrow after a clean :)

RB Clio 182

Good news mate, quick turn around too! How much are they charging you if you don't mind me asking..

Hi mate, he said it will be £400 if i was having them done in two sittings, or £350 if i was having them both done together.

He said he was going to fix the dent on the bonnet, then blend it in to the edges so the colour match is still perfect with the wings, or something similar. All the stonechips have gone tho so god knows how he did it lol.

Im well pleased with it now, it looks sooo much fresher :)

Im wanting some very small minor parking dents taken out now, they are hardly noticable but i know they are there when i look at an angle lol.

botfch

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 182

Glossy black looks good!

Been thinking about doing all the matt plastic on mine fed up of it going dull might do the mirror surrounds too.

RB Clio 182

Glossy black looks good!

Been thinking about doing all the matt plastic on mine fed up of it going dull might do the mirror surrounds too.

Thanks mate, i have just re done them all as i removed them before i dropped the car off at the bodyshop, so they are all like new again.

Johnpacey1

ClioSport Club Member
  Clio 172

The paint work and reflections on this is amazing. Car looks immaculate. It's a credit too you.

clio 182, 1995 mini

Looks spot on dude..
Going to get my front end sprayed soon.
I really like the number plate surrounds, have searched ebay and the interweb for them but no joy, and the original link has expired.
Any chance you can remember the actual seller you got them off,
Cheers Rich.

RB Clio 182

Looks spot on dude..
Going to get my front end sprayed soon.
I really like the number plate surrounds, have searched ebay and the interweb for them but no joy, and the original link has expired.
Any chance you can remember the actual seller you got them off,
Cheers Rich.

Hi mate, the seller was car-part5, hope this helps, thanks :)

RB Clio 182

Hi all, i was considering changing my alloys but i have decided to have them painted graphite grey, ill get some pics up tomorrow if i get them fitted before its dark.

I have also ordered some graphite nut covers, i was going to get some tpi polarised bolts but ill be getting spacers soon so ill need longer bolts anyway.

Pics to follow.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep

Hi all, i was considering changing my alloys but i have decided to have them painted graphite grey, ill get some pics up tomorrow if i get them fitted before its dark.

I have also ordered some graphite nut covers, i was going to get some tpi polarised bolts but ill be getting spacers soon so ill need longer bolts anyway.

Pics to follow.

Thought you were selling?