ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mr Plums Progress.. Clio 182 Turbo!

RB Clio 182
Update.

I made the trip up to Clioturbo today to collect my car after the engine build and box fitted.

Its had a lot of work done so it needs running in for 500 miles then im taking it for an oil change and health check back to Andy and then through to efi parts for final mapping.

Its nice to have the car back but obviously because it hasn't been mapped its not running 100% and the rev limit is at 4.5k with low boost only to prevent damage, although I wouldn't even take it anywhere near that until its had its final mapping session.

Hopefully I have more luck this time and im looking forward to giving the car a clean, just to get it looking something like.

cs_dave

West Midlands
ClioSport Area Rep
I made the trip up to Clioturbo today to collect my car after the engine build and box fitted.

Its had a lot of work done so it needs running in for 500 miles then im taking it for an oil change and health check to Clioturbo and then through to efi parts for final mapping.

Its nice to have the car back but obviously because it hasn't been mapped its not running 100% and the rev limit is at 4.5k with low boost only to prevent damage, although I wouldn't even take it anywhere near that until its had its final mapping session.

Hopefully I have more luck this time and im looking forward to giving the car a clean, just to get it looking something like.

Good stuff bet youve missed it

RB Clio 182
Good stuff bet youve missed it

Very mate, I cant wait to get it mapped, ill be banging the miles on to make it sooner than later.

Just ticked over 6k miles on my 300 from CT you'll be right just look after it.

I looked after it the first time, I must have just been unlucky, if it goes bang again its getting crushed, placed in my back garden and used as a deckchair.

npt

BMW 320d- 172 cup
Good luck with the mapping if it fails again them fit a Megane engine and box, why do these turbo conversions make poor torque in relation to bhp?

Clio 182
Glad she is back up and running pal. Been following this thread for a while, had some rotten luck!!
Enjoy!

Ps, still here if those wheels ever go up for sale!

Just read the whole thread and I take my hat off to you, such a mint car just made better by the turbo conversion

Seriously unlucky with the problem, but I'm sure it'll all be worth it in the end

How you getting on with the run in period?

RB Clio 182
Just read the whole thread and I take my hat off to you, such a mint car just made better by the turbo conversion

Seriously unlucky with the problem, but I'm sure it'll all be worth it in the end

How you getting on with the run in period?

Hi jim,

Thanks a lot mate, I have done 400 miles atm, im going to contact Andy and get it booked in for mapping at the end of the month/beginning of next month, then it will finally be complete and ready for more subtle improvements.

I would like some trophy recaros, new oem shocks and cooksport springs all round, few new bushes to tighten things up even more, another genuine cup splitter(other one magically disappeared), some silver/anth turinis, my bonnet repainting and a full detail, thats what I can think of off the top of my head.

Theres one more problem I need to resolve until its 100%, I have a clicking when I turn the wheel when stationary or doing slow manoeuvres, I will ask Andy to have a look while its on the ramp and he can turn the wheel while having a look and listen to diagnose the problem.

Ive had the car jacked up and a friend underneath to help listen, but when the cars jacked up, it doesn't make the noise with no weight on the front end.

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
Fingers crossed all goes OK with the mapping mate. Once it's done, we'll have to get Dan to organise a drive somewhere, I'd love to see how quick this is!

RB Clio 182
Fingers crossed all goes OK with the mapping mate. Once it's done, we'll have to get Dan to organise a drive somewhere, I'd love to see how quick this is!

Yes mate ill definitely be up for that, be good to meet some of you lot, ive only been on a few smallish meets.

Hi jim,

Thanks a lot mate, I have done 400 miles atm, im going to contact Andy and get it booked in for mapping at the end of the month/beginning of next month, then it will finally be complete and ready for more subtle improvements.

I would like some trophy recaros, new oem shocks and cooksport springs all round, few new bushes to tighten things up even more, another genuine cup splitter(other one magically disappeared), some silver/anth turinis, my bonnet repainting and a full detail, thats what I can think of off the top of my head.

Theres one more problem I need to resolve until its 100%, I have a clicking when I turn the wheel when stationary or doing slow manoeuvres, I will ask Andy to have a look while its on the ramp and he can turn the wheel while having a look and listen to diagnose the problem.

Ive had the car jacked up and a friend underneath to help listen, but when the cars jacked up, it doesn't make the noise with no weight on the front end.

I know the feeling Chris, I've got loads I'd like to do go mine, it's just trying to justify the cost haha

I've got Cooksport Springs on mine, and I really rate them - although I'm tempted by some B14's just for them extra lows, but makes me wonder if it's worth £600 just to drop it down an extra 20mm or so...just doesn't seem worth it!
Don't know if you've got a Rear ARB, but if you haven't well worth looking at, I'm really impressed with mine - admiditely it's early days, and could just be a placebo type affect

I've managed to crack my Cup Splitter, and just looked they're now up to £250!! I do much prefer them to the Fabia ones....but at like £230 difference I really don't think I'll get a cup one, in fact I might even look at Carbon ones

Regarding the clicking noise, Possible CV Joint?

RB Clio 182
I know the feeling Chris, I've got loads I'd like to do go mine, it's just trying to justify the cost haha

I've got Cooksport Springs on mine, and I really rate them - although I'm tempted by some B14's just for them extra lows, but makes me wonder if it's worth £600 just to drop it down an extra 20mm or so...just doesn't seem worth it!
Don't know if you've got a Rear ARB, but if you haven't well worth looking at, I'm really impressed with mine - admiditely it's early days, and could just be a placebo type affect

I've managed to crack my Cup Splitter, and just looked they're now up to £250!! I do much prefer them to the Fabia ones....but at like £230 difference I really don't think I'll get a cup one, in fact I might even look at Carbon ones

Regarding the clicking noise, Possible CV Joint?

Ive had both shafts replaced mate, I'm hoping its not the rack, just the rack bushes or something catching underneath.

RB Clio 182
A quick pic after a clean today..

7226f0cf-97b9-4f38-936c-0bf3225787af_zpstcsxjxnw.jpg

Theres a couple more here..

http://www.cliosport.net/threads/a-few-of-the-t182.791335/#post-11064563

RB Clio 182
Cars looking good Tom, how many more miles until she can go for mapping?

Hi mate, ive done around 450 miles, i am currently waiting for Andy of Clioturbo to get back to me as I need a few bits and bobs doing before final mapping instructed by Andy, im going up to his for an oil change etc and then making my way to efi parts.

RB Clio 182
Good stuff mate, Chris is a great guy, you're in good hands

Cheers dude, I just want it mapped and sorted now as its dragged on long enough.

Ive been having trouble getting a reply from Andyrg so i have booked it in with efi myself.

I'm not sure what's happening with him but it needs mapping and I cant wait any longer for a reply.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Cheers dude, I just want it mapped and sorted now as its dragged on long enough.

Ive been having trouble getting a reply from Andyrg so i have booked it in with efi myself.

I'm not sure what's happening with him but it needs mapping and I cant wait any longer for a reply.
Just make sure the running in procedure he specified has been done and documented and any associated oil changes are done mate.

I'd hate to see you left up s**t creek because it's not been followed to the letter if you get me.

Good luck for the mapping mate! Fingers crossed for a nice power figure. :up:

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5

Strange isn't it that he's so active on Instagram and that other Clio group on Facebook where everybody bums him yet he can't knock a reply together for a customer.

At least its booked in and lights at the end of the tunnel.

RB Clio 182
Just make sure the running in procedure he specified has been done and documented and any associated oil changes are done mate.

I'd hate to see you left up s**t creek because it's not been followed to the letter if you get me.

Good luck for the mapping mate! Fingers crossed for a nice power figure. :up:

Cheers mate, ive been trying to contact him for a coupe of week now with no reply, ive followed the running in period, he told me 500 miles then to go to him for an oil/filter change, then to efi for final mapping.

I am now on 550 miles since the build so im doing the oil/filter change myself and I have booked it in with efi.

Ive been left a bit in the dark so im going off what he told me to do when I collected my car, 500 miles running in, oil change and mapping.

Theres a few niggly bits that havnt been fitted to my car too which is annoying as ill have to buy some of these pre mapping if Andy doesn't post me them.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Cheers mate, ive been trying to contact him for a coupe of week now with no reply, ive followed the running in period, he told me 500 miles then to go to him for an oil/filter change, then to efi for final mapping.

I am now on 550 miles since the build so im doing the oil/filter change myself and I have booked it in with efi.

Ive been left a bit in the dark so im going off what he told me to do when I collected my car, 500 miles running in, oil change and mapping.

Theres a few niggly bits that havnt been fitted to my car too which is annoying as ill have to buy some of the pre mapping if Andy doesn't post me them.
Do you know what oil he specifies/uses mate? It's better to use the oil the builder recommends so as to hopefully avoid any warranty issues.

My running in will be done over........................no wait, it's run........................that'll do. It's run in. Lol!

RB Clio 182
Do you know what oil he specifies/uses mate? It's better to use the oil the builder recommends so as to hopefully avoid any warranty issues.

My running in will be done over........................no wait, it's run........................that'll do. It's run in. Lol!

I'll check my paperwork mate and email him again if it doesn't state this, im sure he mentioned oem Renault stuff but ill make sure before I buy it.

Thanks again :)