ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mr Plums Progress.. Clio 182 Turbo!

RB Clio 182
What was the issue in the end?

Im not sure tbh, Andy said it was the cam seal that popped off, he says he needs to strip the engine to see if theres any damage.

It's weird the cam seal has popped off, and the dipstick has been popping out all the time.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
Im not sure tbh, Andy said it was the cam seal that popped off, he says he needs to strip the engine to see if theres any damage.

It's weird the cam seal has popped off, and the dipstick has been popping out all the time.
Dipstick popping out would lead me to believe it's suffering crankcase pressurisation tbh. That would indicate bottom end issues to me.

Dipstick popping out would lead me to believe it's suffering crankcase pressurisation tbh. That would indicate bottom end issues to me.

In general do all these FI conversions retain the standard "positive crank breather" setup? I haven't particularly looked at the bottom end, but from memory there isn't a one-way valve at the manifold end of the crankshaft breather?

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
In general do all these FI conversions retain the standard "positive crank breather" setup? I haven't particularly looked at the bottom end, but from memory there isn't a one-way valve at the manifold end of the crankshaft breather?
It's not something I've looked at or into either mate so I can't comment. Your correct though, there isn't a one way valve that I've ever seen.

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
I've been under the bonnet of a Meg R26 today and the breathers have a one way valve fitted to stop the pressurisation when on boost.

RB Clio 182
A quick update..

As some of you may have heard my car had a major oil leak through the cam seals in september which resulted in engine damage, Andy got his recovery man to pick it up on the 18th of september.

11150573_1021218847940927_4472108182508076228_n.jpg

Now because the bill was coming in at £1110 inc labour and a 2nd hand gearbox at £160, i told Andy to leave it until after xmas to start it as with xmas coming up etc i needed any savings for this and Andy needed the money for parts so i told him there was no immediate rush.

So i payed Andy for the parts on the 31st Dec to get cracking on with the rebuild, i got an email today saying he was waiting on the piston rings to turn up and hopefully they would be arriving today so he can crack on with building it all back up.

I also sent up a bottom ball joint for the nearside as this was the only advisory on the mot sheet, i have also told him to replace the outer cv boot on the far side driveshaft as this has a tiny split in and i want the car absolutely 100% perfect when i collect it.

So there we are, hopefully it wont be long and i will have my clio back with a sweet engine and a smooth gearbox ready to be detailed inside and out to bring it back to its former glory, i am also considering buying some mint original 182 alloys and selling the ultras and buying a new cup splitter to replace the temporary fabia one which replaced my cup one which mysteriously disappeared... OEM exterior FTW!!

Thanks for reading.

Clio 182
Glad she will be back up and running. If you do ever put you wheels up for sale, shout me! Ill take them off your hands for sure! Saves me buying brand new!

leedsboy

ClioSport Club Member
  Bean 182 + E70 X5
I've got some standard 182 wheels that you could buy if you wanted? They are in need of a refurb though.

RB Clio 182
Glad she will be back up and running. If you do ever put you wheels up for sale, shout me! Ill take them off your hands for sure! Saves me buying brand new!

Cheers, ill let you know about the wheels when I get the car back mate :)

I've got some standard 182 wheels that you could buy if you wanted? They are in need of a refurb though.

Brilliant as above ill keep you in mind.