ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mr Plums Progress.. Clio 182 Turbo!

NorthloopCup

ClioSport Moderator
That was full boost mate (andys kit two) 270hp, 1st to 2nd gear change was s**t as the road was a bit greasy, it makes it harder while holding your phone too lol.

Ill get another when we have some nice weather, ill be able to get a better start then.

I dont usually thrash it from 1st, i only did it for the vid tbh.
Well that's a very impressive little car you've got yourself there mate. It certainly gets up and goes!

320d
Looks and goes great mate. You'll not stop spending money on it though, there is always something else you can have.

RB Clio 182
Sounded like it gripped well considering the road conditions and lack of LSD, is it mapped to have boost by gear?

Im not sure mate but when i change gear i dont feel any lag, you can feel the boost really come in at around 3k, i have to say it is mapped very well indeed, i have had multiple comments on how good the map feels.

I am running the gt2560 turbo, so i think it might spool up a bit quicker than the t28 he normally uses in his kit 1 and 2.

What set up have you gone for mate?

RB Clio 182
Goes well that!

Thanks :smile: Not quite as powerful as yours yet tho, have you got it back yet? :up:

Looks very quick!!

Thanks Dan, it feels quicker when you are driving the car than when you are watching the speedo go round on a video tho lol

Looks and goes great mate. You'll not stop spending money on it though, there is always something else you can have.

Thanks Brett, i know it hard to stop :(

J55BUD

ClioSport Club Member
  172cup
Sounds great and looks to go very well!

Saw it up at andys the weekend when I was dropping mine off.

Thanks [emoji2] Not quite as powerful as yours yet tho, have you got it back yet? :up:

Thanks Dan, it feels quicker when you are driving the car than when you are watching the speedo go round on a video tho lol

Thanks Brett, i know it hard to stop :(
Yeah. I had a mk2 golf gti 20v turbo. Was fairly quick!

Tried to video speedo and it didn't look so quick! Lol. So I know exactly what you mean.

turbo 182
Im not sure mate but when i change gear i dont feel any lag, you can feel the boost really come in at around 3k, i have to say it is mapped very well indeed, i have had multiple comments on how good the map feels.

I am running the gt2560 turbo, so i think it might spool up a bit quicker than the t28 he normally uses in his kit 1 and 2.

What set up have you gone for mate?
I've gone for a fully forged engine and gt2860, I'm wanting to do a lot of track work so it made sense to go down the fully forged route just to try and keep reliability, also gone for the 02m conversion with LSD so fingers crossed I've played it safe as I'm just going to run relatively low boost to start with and see how I get on with it on track

RB Clio 182
Sounds great and looks to go very well!

Saw it up at andys the weekend when I was dropping mine off.

Thanks, what are you having done mate?

Yeah. I had a mk2 golf gti 20v turbo. Was fairly quick!

Tried to video speedo and it didn't look so quick! Lol. So I know exactly what you mean.

Lol, yes it feels quicker when you are sat in it :)

I need to have a ride through to Ponte to have a look at this :hearteyes:

Come to a Yorkshire meet, ill try and go to more in the future :)

I've gone for a fully forged engine and gt2860, I'm wanting to do a lot of track work so it made sense to go down the fully forged route just to try and keep reliability, also gone for the 02m conversion with LSD so fingers crossed I've played it safe as I'm just going to run relatively low boost to start with and see how I get on with it on track

That sounds great, i bet you cant wait to get that back :)

It should be good on track with the lsd too :up:

Sounds well tom. but bouncing it off thr limiter really.......... lol

Cheers, its better than the milltek i think anyway.

I didnt actually mean to hit the limiter in the speedo vid, that is why i wasnt going to make any videos because i dont particularly like driving like that, but i wanted to show the car from a stand still and it wouldnt grip and i couldnt find/change gear quick enough because i was trying to hold my phone still on a greasy surface, Bruce Lee on speed would find that difficult, although i wasnt going to try again and make a better one :up:

BG Clio 182
im on about the video idle doing it.... over revving can cause issues. and ovver revving means the limiter....
Ah okay. So best to stay off the limiter then? I'm not up on it all really lol. I never take mine near it but then again mines NA and hasn't got forged internals lol. I just wondered whether the same applied where you still have to be a bit gentle with her but seems you do :)

To be fair, with mine the sweet spot to change gear is 6,500RPM or higher, so that in the next gear the revs don't fall below 4,000RPM. Keeps the car really pushing on!

Although mines on full boost at 3,000RPM it's only at 4,000RPM that it really starts to shift.

How are you finding the car Tom? As standard if you don't wind the turbo up, then once you do it's a completely different animal?

batesey

ClioSport Club Member
  172 Cup Turbo
On my low boost it was similar ade, my new manifold has reduced lag quite a bit but as soon as you hit 5k they seem to go mental, I'm having mapping to high boost next month I can't wait [emoji1]

I thought it looked a tad slow, but as you say feels quicker in the car. would 23lbft of torque make that much of a difference?
Looks really good cleaned up Tom, and the wheels look mint against the paint. Bet your chuffed its all sorted, can't wait to get mine back miss the noise :cry:

RB Clio 182
Cor that looks rapid!

Thanks Martin

im on about the video idle doing it.... over revving can cause issues. and ovver revving means the limiter....

Cheers for the heads up, only for the video.

Goes well, looks great :smile:

Best arctic on here :smile:

Thanks Mark, Yours is one of my favorite cars on here, its like new.

To be fair, with mine the sweet spot to change gear is 6,500RPM or higher, so that in the next gear the revs don't fall below 4,000RPM. Keeps the car really pushing on!

Although mines on full boost at 3,000RPM it's only at 4,000RPM that it really starts to shift.

How are you finding the car Tom? As standard if you don't wind the turbo up, then once you do it's a completely different animal?

Hi Ade, on low boost the power delivery is smooth and you can hardly feel the turbo coming on, in high boost it really pulls at around 4k, but its quick all the way through the rev range, 4th gear at 60 and put your foot down and you hitting high speeds in seconds.

I thought it looked a tad slow, but as you say feels quicker in the car. would 23lbft of torque make that much of a difference?
Looks really good cleaned up Tom, and the wheels look mint against the paint. Bet your chuffed its all sorted, can't wait to get mine back miss the noise :cry:

Cheers pal

It will probably make a bit of difference in gear i would have thought, but from a stand still theres only so much power you can put down in a fwd car.

Does under 5 secs to 60mph, and around 10 secs to 100mph look slow to you mate? Its quite a bit quicker than book figures lol.

clio 182
Tbf I timed it 0-100 in just over 9 seconds, you must keep up with the likes of Ferraris,astin martins,porshe? I'm doing my build now with megane pistons with that exhaust it sounds amazing! Can't wait till mines done!

RB Clio 182
What boost psi is that running ? 22?

Im not sure mate, its only his medium boost build so i doubt its as much as 22 psi, i forgot to ask for the print out when i picked my car up, i was too giddy lol.

Tbf I timed it 0-100 in just over 9 seconds, you must keep up with the likes of Ferraris,astin martins,porshe? I'm doing my build now with megane pistons with that exhaust it sounds amazing! Can't wait till mines done!

It surprises a few bud, i dont like saying too much on here what it keeps up with etc, most dont believe you or just think you are talking bollax.

God damn street racers :D

Tom I want saying it's slow in a sense of 0-60, but kind of expected yours to accelerate harder than mine due to being a slightly bigger turbo. But your power deliver seems very smooth and mine wasn't as so.

I run the older GT25, not sure if there's a second part to the model as it was just sold as GT25. See mines only capable of 270bhp, but I thought yours was capable of 310bhp hence why I expected a bigger surge of boost once it had spooled.

I'm 273bhp and 272lbft, so could be in torque why my power delivery seems different.

Hope you enjoying your car now and apologies if you thought I was trying to put a dampener on things, just curious to the difference in power delivery.

RB Clio 182
I run the older GT25, not sure if there's a second part to the model as it was just sold as GT25. See mines only capable of 270bhp, but I thought yours was capable of 310bhp hence why I expected a bigger surge of boost once it had spooled.

I'm 273bhp and 272lbft, so could be in torque why my power delivery seems different.

Hope you enjoying your car now and apologies if you thought I was trying to put a dampener on things, just curious to the difference in power delivery.

No need to apologies mate, i didnt take offence :up: Its how the car drives that matters.

Hope you get yours sorted soon :)

RB Clio 182
Not an update really, i have just ordered a rear os handbrake cable as mine snapped the other week, i have also ordered a new temp sensor and a new thermostat as my temp needle sometimes fluctuates so hopefully this will solve it.

Steadily ironing out any small niggles that are effecting my OCD! Nearly there lol.