ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Modding my Clio

I have just passed my test today and I am looking at mk1 clios - 1.4rt. Its doin my head in as they are nearly all 5dr. THen if they are 3dr then they r auto or something stupid! Do you think I should wait for a 3dr to come up for sale or put up with a 5dr? Also do you think putting valver wings on a 1.4rt will wack the insurance up? I have been quoted £1753 or £854 with pass plus at 17. blimmin theft. Anyway... thanks

ha veu got pass plus? its dam good mate!

ive got a clio 5dr, and i know it dont look as good as a 3dr but to be honest mate its your first car and way i see it, i prob sell it again in a year or two.

just wait til one arrives, may even be worth looking at one of the 1.2s for your 1st car

just claim on the insurance that you never realised they were non std wings

how are the insurance company going to prove otherwise??

1995 Mondeo Speed Machine

Well done on passing your test. No point buying a 5 door if you really want a 3, there are quite a few around so you can afford to be picky. Valver wings might affect your insurance but not by a great deal. And yes, insurance when you 17 is fookin robbery, just make sure you stay safe and dont make a claim and you should be OK.

Rick

£854 with Pass Plus @ 17 is an amazing price !!!

Im 18, Have 2 yrs Motorcycle no claims, Pass plus, Cat 1 alarm/Immob, Tracker, and my insurance sets me back £1680 Fully Comp (on a 1992 1.4 Clio Fidji)