ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

mod a standard clio

Does anyone have any opinions on this?

I currently own a fully standard, Naples red mint body work, paint and interior, n reg 55k clio 16v. I estimate to be worth around 3000k. like most I would like to mod the car and would love to have a customer colour respray plus the usual lowering, and alloys, but to me it seems a shame to mod another of the fast diapering standard 16v, I also expect the modding could devalue the car. It crossed my mind that it might be worth selling my clio buying a already lowerd clio for a cheaper price with a less than tidy body and having it smoothed and painted. What do you lot recon? Hope I made myself clear.

regards Adam

If your heart is set on a modified Clio 16V, then Id sell the one you have and buy a cheaper one with tatty bodywork. Simple engine mods and lowering can be rectified later, but altering the bodywork is pretty permanent.

In my humble opinion, I think theres no need to mod the body of a car like the Valver. Id save the money or spend it on the mechanicals. They look special enough as they are.

Id probably keep it standard..

... but I got the whole modding thing done with my 1.2.. hehe.

im not thinking of a bodykit, just a different paint, like the Alfa Romeo 147 pearl white or metallic blue, and maybe smooth it out a bit, i love the shape of the 16v,

thanks for the replies

Meg on pistonheads £6995

DITTO

youll regret it if you sell it!

save hard for another to muck about with and keep this as a cherished weekend plaything!

Focus ST

Naples red is a mint colour and rare as rocking horse sh*t anyway. No need to modify the bodywork at all IMO. If you do, just make sure theyre reversible mods and keep the original bits.

what do you lot think its worth then?:p?

sayin "3k your dreaming mate." i find quite rude and i think goes against one of the forum rules. If you check current prices 3k is about right maybe a little wishful,

Youd easily get £3k for that car. What the dealer will pay and what the private punter will pay are totally different things.