ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

mk2 ph1 why does my car steam up really bad quite wet?!!

Clio Sport 1.2 8v
Just fixed my leaky dunroof dried all my rooflining at two patches where it was wet and tthe floor feels totaly dry now not wet at all , it never stemeemed up before as far as I can remember , I aldo fitted some wind deflectors the other week though but the windows deffinately go all way up! :/ ??

Dan...

ClioSport Club Member
My mk3 does this ...every f**king time I start up! I just put the air con on for a few seconds and it soon clears ...annoying though! Unsure what could be causing yours, I doubt it would have anything to do with the wind deflector's

As above, soaked underlining, there is something like 3 inches or more of very absorbant foam under the carpet, it will be holding a phenomenal amount of water. You need to either dehumidify it, run the ac full blast (acts as a dehumidifier) or spend the time blow drying the carpet, preferably removing it from the car to do so.

Plus with all that water weight, you will be wasting (a tiny bit of) fuel!

Fiesta ST2 MP215
Knackered rubbers around the doors and boot can be a root cause, is it soaked under the Pedals / mats at all?

Dan

Yozza'd Blue Bus
how much do these dehumidifiers cost? and say if I was going to garage my car for a few months over winter can i just leave them to work?

plees

ClioSport Club Member
  S/C Iceberg 172 Cup
Going away from the obvious, my old car used to mist up inside due to an old pollen filter. Using the blowers normally would take an age to clear the windows, using the air con it would demise quickly but the only long term solution was the pollen filter.

May/ may not be something to consider.

182cup & 172 racecar
Pollen filter, blocked drain holes in bulkhead (usually the one in the middle) water gets in through the heater, re circulation stuck closed.

Clio Sport 1.2 8v
Thanks guys I think its probably the wet under carpet going to get some de humidifiers from halfords or wilkinsons as mentioned and try blow drying it