ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MK1 Clio

MK1 Clio, Mk4 Polo
Hello

Here i have new thred on my MK1 Clio

Current Mods:
  • Matt Black
  • Orange High Lights
  • Deep Dish Alloys
  • Power Flow Straight Threw Exhurst
  • Wide Arches
  • 70mm Lowerd on Front
  • Spax Track Shocks on Back
  • Buckets With Harnesses
  • Emptyed of every panel in the car
  • Air horn (for Fun)
  • Uprated Brakes
  • 50 Shot of NOS
  • Standerd 1.2

Here is a little Pic:
76773_1704005684148_1358177686_31776454_3004626_n.jpg

I am woundering what to do next had a power run with the NOS running and i am hitting 134.7 BHP and i am looking to drop back end havnt had it done because i have heard alot of bad thing about doing it but good it needs doing :p ha ha

Let me know what you think and what i should do next :D

rctempire

ClioSport Moderator
Wait wait wait?

So its lowered 70mm at front, but not at the back, so its a nose down stance?
Odd, but ok, lowered back made the difference in my clio, backend was solid once i sorted out the roll bushes.

134.7 from a 1.2?
The engine is only 70BHP? Diet engine? (D-Type)?

Got any more pictures too?

MK1 Clio, Mk4 Polo
Wait wait wait?

So its lowered 70mm at front, but not at the back, so its a nose down stance?
Odd, but ok, lowered back made the difference in my clio, backend was solid once i sorted out the roll bushes.

134.7 from a 1.2?
The engine is only 70BHP? Diet engine? (D-Type)?

Got any more pictures too?

Yeah it has had some tweaks on engine but still kind of standerd but the NOS gives it that power or it would be like 80 BHP :p and yes it is D-Type cos it has the Multi Point injection and front nise down if you look on my little picture on the left you can see how high back end is!! :p

and i will get more pics up soon when i get back on my computer at home :)

Any edvise on the back end then??

Sunflower Ph1 172
I am woundering what to do next had a power run with the NOS running and i am hitting 134.7 BHP and i am looking to drop back end havnt had it done because i have heard alot of bad thing about doing it but good it needs doing :p ha ha

Let me know what you think and what i should do next :D

Revise the above paragraph so it makes some sense.

MK1 Clio, Mk4 Polo
Revise the above paragraph so it makes some sense.

sorry bout that but i am bad at english,

I am woundering what to do next??
had a power run with the NOS running and i am hitting 134.7 BHP!! so ok for power,
i am looking to drop back end havnt had it done because i have heard alot of bad thing about doing it but good it needs doing :p ha ha

Chav Rocket
i dont know anything about NOS and its delivery but is doubling the BHP for a short burst good for that engine? surely its just asking for a big bang?

Cookson

ClioSport Club Member
  Mk1 Audi TT 3.2 V6
Personally, I'd f**king burn it.

I hate matt paintwork and silly c**t stickers.

But each to their own

16v_paddy

ClioSport Club Member
  Valvers & 172 Cup
I'd say raise the front & get the rear lowered to match, pretty easy to do & will improve the handling a lot, you adjust the torsion bar to lower the back.

Next, you want to go out & buy a valver engine, rebuild it & fit it, then you'll have a permanent 137 bhp on tap without pissing about with NOS on a shitty, gutless engine that's about ready to die ;)

535d / t5 caravelle
fair play for doing it different mate, but yeah, drop a bigger engine in, i.e williams lump, then go and have some fun ;)

16v_paddy

ClioSport Club Member
  Valvers & 172 Cup
fair play for doing it different mate, but yeah, drop a bigger engine in, i.e williams lump, then go and have some fun ;)

Meh, williams lump is over rated :rasp: can pick up an F7P dirt cheap and rebuild it for the same price or near enough as buying an old & tired F7R and it'll be better ;)

I hate the car but love the idea of nos on a 1.2, doubling the power is immense! run it till it breaks then fit the 1.8 engine.

Mk1 Clio F4R'd
Good to see something different, unlike "F7R + Turbines"

Just keep the sl*g look, stick some steels on it, paint the steels all matt orange if you like, make the rear a touch higher than the front. Rip the NOS out too, thats what killed the Stig!

Astra GSI, 172, Golf
i doubt very much that the 80 shot of nos actually gives 80bhp.. the jet will be a 80bhp optimum, which means on the rigth engine thats the most it can give. i think the rolling road if it was actually done will of been very generous.

and i would seriously lower the back end unless you are only doing straight line drag...

also you say on your list of mod's
* standard 1.2

then below when questioned on its power output you say its had some '' tweaks''.. so which is it ?

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
i live my life a quatre mile at a time!

next i think you should burn it, claim the insurance money,
and get a ph1/2 valver!

535d / t5 caravelle
Meh, williams lump is over rated :rasp: can pick up an F7P dirt cheap and rebuild it for the same price or near enough as buying an old & tired F7R and it'll be better ;)

lol, i used to think that when i had my valver, soon changed my mind when i got a williams ;)

16v_paddy

ClioSport Club Member
  Valvers & 172 Cup
lol, i used to think that when i had my valver, soon changed my mind when i got a williams ;)

I'll see if I can make you change your mind once I've got my jenveys fitted to my valver lump :evil:

MK1 Clio, Mk4 Polo
I'll see if I can make you change your mind once I've got my jenveys fitted to my valver lump :evil:

OMG!!! i have allways wanted them just because of the sound they make :) i just need to get my hands on an engine and lower the backend :)
Cheers for comments people it has give me some ideas but need more help because now i am split between making it a fast car or a dubbers/ratlook car!! :p
let me know :)

16v_paddy

ClioSport Club Member
  Valvers & 172 Cup
OMG!!! i have allways wanted them just because of the sound they make :) i just need to get my hands on an engine and lower the backend :)
Cheers for comments people it has give me some ideas but need more help because now i am split between making it a fast car or a dubbers/ratlook car!! :p
let me know :)

Well if you're a bit of a homo that likes posing & putting mens penis' in your mouth go for the looks option, if you're a fan of driving properly make it reliably faster with a better engine

Chav Rocket
Well if you're a bit of a homo that likes posing & putting mens penis' in your mouth go for the looks option, if you're a fan of driving properly make it reliably faster with a better engine

with that shiny pink car you have your obv a homo x

MK1 Clio, Mk4 Polo
how much did it cost to fit.. and pictures?

the kit was second hand off my friend, for £400 pound and we fit it really easy and i will get pics up soon of it :)

HA HA!!! no looks like engine its is!!!

with that shiny pink car you have your obv a homo x

mate that car is ace!! he can not be a homo!!

Mk1 Clio F4R'd
Paddy, get them fitted instead of talking about it :p

Mate, seriously, just go for a rat look!

1.4 clio s maxim
that looks awful, sorry but a new set of wheels and some stance and lose the silly blue lights and it will look decent

MK1 Clio, Mk4 Polo
  MK1 Clio, Mk4 Polo
Got some mad news that people mite think i am crazy but i have just got an full race tuned engine 2.0 williems engine for nothing off my mate i have had to payy £100 pound for the sports cat and 4-2-1 manifold i thought was fair play but he has give me all the info on it and dyno run sheet, he has give me the engine because it has been sat around for past two years seeing as he rolled his mk1 clio years ago so he wants to see it go to good use :) so hopefully i can get that in and have more then enough power :)

if anyone has a wireing loom for a williams and an ECU let me know :) and let me know what you think of this idea :)

16v_paddy

ClioSport Club Member
  Valvers & 172 Cup
Get yourself on www.clio16valver.co.uk you'll find all the bits you need for sale on there plus a few local guys who will help point you in the right direction too ;)

I'd strongly recommend you spend some money on stripping down & rebuilding that engine before you drop it in to make sure you get the best out of it, you're also going to want a better gearbox as I suspect yours has had a thorough pasting & wont be able to withstand F7R power for very long

Chav Rocket
also easiest if you get the same phase wiring as your chassis. Midge has done a guide on getting a F7 engine in a 1.4 on c16V

williams and trophy

lol. last f7r i built up cost me a sum total of 230 quid. meg b/e for 120, ebay special, and a williams head for 80 quid. 30 for a headset. 4-5 years on..few trackdays, loads of abuse....its still going strong. and will still rip an f7p a new arsehole ;)

you know the difference that 234cc makes lol.

as above tho, the valver lump would be a good place to start.

16v_paddy

ClioSport Club Member
  Valvers & 172 Cup
lol. last f7r i built up cost me a sum total of 230 quid. meg b/e for 120, ebay special, and a williams head for 80 quid. 30 for a headset. 4-5 years on..few trackdays, loads of abuse....its still going strong. and will still rip an f7p a new arsehole ;)

you know the difference that 234cc makes lol.

as above tho, the valver lump would be a good place to start.

Yeah but my point is more about the cost of an old & tired F7R in the 1st place, then you get the occasional jammy cnuts like you or the OP that manage to find them for peanuts or free that completely ruin my argument :cry: but fcuk it, I'll keep digging :rasp: but a fresh F7P surely has to be better than an old & tired R