ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Mesh 2002 Clio Grill

H22A7 Accord Type R

Ok, I am actually now thinkin about Meshing my grill, even tho i awasnt sure about the others i have seen meshed! Ideally i would like the Circular Mesh, but, how do i do it???? Do you fold it over the existing Black plastic grill??? or take that out and fit the new mesh in somehow??? I am thinking that it cannot be very easy to cut and shape the mesh......i want it to look neat and tidy, not a bag of sh*te............anyone with any info greatly appreciated.......cheers all, Rob

Clio 1.6 16V

I quite fancy having a fine wire mesh grill top and bottom sprayed black on my iceberg similar to what AMG used on their Mercs. Has anyone done this to a MKII / got pictures. R3OBC, sorry to stray from your topic, but your questions are certainly valid regards implementation, since the front grill is really a double purpose top cover + grill. Like you I would want it to look pro.

H22A7 Accord Type R

aye, last thing i want to do is make a new car look sh*te! BTW Flyin Scotsman, how is my home country doing??? Ive been living down in jolly old yorkshire for 6 yrs now, formerly from West Lothian!!

Clio 1.6 16V

Still a great place tae be ....apart feh the dodgy weather, but then fits new there!?;) Theres some braw places an sites doon sooth, bit we still hae some o the best country roads tae drive aroond in though! Sorry tae break intae an accent .....jist tryin tae mak ye feel hamesick pal!

From previous threads, by Ben R etc. I gather that it is best to buy a standard 16v grille from a breaker and trim away all the centre bits and then attach the mesh. Im assuming that you dont want to cut up the one youve got already. As far as the lower grille goes you can attach the mesh on top of the plastic using cable ties, and itll look good.

Ive also been thinking of meshing but I havent found anywhere that sell the mesh I want. I saw it on a modded vanquish so as youd expect its not to be standard stuff from Halfords.

Clio 1.6 16V

Demon Tweeks have some plastic / SS / Ally mesh on pages 100, 153 & 163 of their catalogue. Has anybody seen their mesh in the flesh ....hey that rhymes!?