ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Megane 225 better than mk2 V6

Astra VXR 17/05/07

Quote: Originally posted by SimonV6 on 01 January 2005

Getting a bit OF TOPIC arent you?

There are some people that like "Multiplas", doesnt make them a nice looking car.....lol

Simon.
Simon,

if you choose to call people a moron for bad typos/spelling or whatever then please practice what you preach ;)

Its OFF topic...not OF topic :D

Quote: Originally posted by Funkyjahooner on 01 January 2005

Its funny how you seem to be unable to grasp that not everybody loves the V6 like you do.....

PMSL that you compare yourself to Clarkson :sick:

Yeah an insult to my car is just the same as an insult to me as far as I am concerned....

I dont look like Jezza (although I am not a fasion person, jeans and tea shirts will do fine), only have the same feelings to cars and life as he does, and TOP GEAR is the best TV program going....lol ;)

Quote: Originally posted by Funkyjahooner on 01 January 2005

Quote: Originally posted by SimonV6 on 01 January 2005

Getting a bit OF TOPIC arent you?

There are some people that like "Multiplas", doesnt make them a nice looking car.....lol

Simon.
Simon,

if you choose to call people a moron for bad typos/spelling or whatever then please practice what you preach ;)

Its OFF topic...not OF topic :D

Its my stupid keyboard.....lol;)

Simon.

Damn made 9 pages, not sure how..... would have thought it would have been locked by now? all the Mods must be away for New Year.....lol

Astra VXR 17/05/07

This thread is like the twilight zone now. :confused:

Its a replica of the V6 v 350Z thread a while back and the same things are being said to anybody who dare to choose the 350Z over the V6 :sick:

I quite like the 350Z, just like the V6 255 better thats all....lol

but lets not kick off that one again.

been there done that.....lol;)

Im just trying to catch your posts up, as I feel strange being a Cliosport-Member and having less post than a non-member like you...lol;)

Simon.

Astra VXR 17/05/07

But i have been posting since February as opposed to you posting since June. ;)

As long as this thread is open i am sure you will overtake my post count because im getting bored now :sick:
Well done for being a member :D

Lets face it, it got boring a long time ago really....lol;)

Mike Ts pictures where damn good though... :D

Im off now, wonder if it will still be here when I come back later, feel free to talk amongst yourselves....lol ;):D

Simon.

[Edited by SimonV6 on 01 January 2005 at 8:40pm]

Quote: Originally posted by Mike T on 31 December 2004
i sound clinically insane - it make sense to you ben?

ofcourse bud lol.

Forester Sti, SC Clio V6,

Ben

Whats a "normal" pressure drop in PSI across a large air/water IC - Im having some sensors fitted for logging but dont know what to aim for (other than as little as poss)

cheers

Mike

I dont get it..........how can you defend the V6 if no one is slating it?

Mike, if your pressure drop is that high, you should consider a larger one, or one that is of a lesser restriction. Its very hard to say a normal pressure drop as your always aiming for nothing, or near nothing. I would of started reducing IC restriction once i was around the 20% region.

BMW 120i Sport

Both cars rock.

The V6 is exclusive, ideal bachelor/playboy car or as a secondary car. The Megane might not be as fast, but its sensible and doubles up as an everday family car.

Horses for course, pointless argument because both of them are great cars.

Mark 1 Clio V6

Going back to the topic title (I want 10 pages out of this);

I was looking through Top Gear magazine yesterday and since it has been mentioned in this thread (as has God (Jeremy Clarkson) thought Id look up their new car reviews. They do a score out of 20 and it seems that they actually agree with my racing driver friend that the Megane is indeed the better all round car. Also the 182 scores better than the V6.

Scores in Top Gear magazine as follows;

182 14/20

Megane 225 14/20

V6 255 12/20

It seems that the title to this thread is thought to be accurate by many..........................................................................

[Edited by CraigV6 on 03 January 2005 at 8:42am]

Quote: Originally posted by JayR on 01 January 2005

The trouble with what you just said there tho Brazo is that most company cars cant be sold on so that wouldnt be an option!!!:confused:
No mention of company car? I thought it was a prize?

Quote: Originally posted by CraigV6 on 03 January 2005

Going back to the topic title (I want 10 pages out of this);

I was looking through Top Gear magazine yesterday and since it has been mentioned in this thread (as has God (Jeremy Clarkson) thought Id look up their new car reviews. They do a score out of 20 and it seems that they actually agree with my racing driver friend that the Megane is indeed the better all round car. Also the 182 scores better than the V6.

Scores in Top Gear magazine as follows;

182 14/20

Megane 225 14/20

V6 255 12/20

It seems that the title to this thread is thought to be accurate by many..........................................................................

[Edited by CraigV6 on 03 January 2005 at 8:42am]

You just can not let it lie can you? I thought this thread had finally been put to rest, but NO you have to drag it up again....

The better around FAMILY car goes to the Megane, I agree.... the best drivers car though on track or road (fastest/handling wise) goes to the V6 255.....If we are going to quote TG, then quote JC, and just watch his review of the V6 255, you can find it on Video..;) I dont reckon he would have the Megane in his "Perfect 10 car garage"...lol

end this damn topic now....

Simon.

Forester Sti, SC Clio V6,

How in gods name anyone can try and compare a 4 seater FWD hatch with a two door two seat mid engined ex-hatch is beyond me.

I think youll find the two drive erm shall we say a little different and have slightly different target markets.

If you want a 5 door/3dr 4/5 seater look at the golf, Astra, Cupra etc etc

If you want a three litre V6 mid engined 2 seater, small car - then look at the Clio V6, there isnt anything else! - whats the point in comparing, this is hilarious - especially in the context of a racing driver back to backing them on circuit!!!

Was this with shopping and baby seat or without?? Did the bike rack stay on through Druids, did the cool box make it through Redgate. What happened to the roof rack under the Shell bridge, did it affect the aerodynamics, did the shopping shift under braking??

These are the real worries about family car ownership on circuit - oh and did the Meganes brakes not entirely fade or wasnt he driving that fast!!

That must make 10!

Aaaaaaand in the red corner, the challenger, weighing in at 1375 kgs, from Boulogne in France........Reggie big arse Megaaaaane

Aaaaaaand in the blue corner, the undisputed champion of the modern rear engined hatches, weighing in at 1400 kgs, also from Boulogne in France........Renny the pretentious Veeeeeeeeee

Nine pages comparing two cars that are completely different except their Renault badges. :sick:

Mini Cooper S sport

Quote: Originally posted by Mike T on 03 January 2005

How in gods name anyone can try and compare a 4 seater FWD hatch with a two door two seat mid engined ex-hatch is beyond me.
I think youll find the two drive erm shall we say a little different and have slightly different target markets.
Bingo....! Now can we let it lie now!???

LY 200

Quote: Originally posted by brazo on 03 January 2005

Quote: Originally posted by JayR on 01 January 2005

The trouble with what you just said there tho Brazo is that most company cars cant be sold on so that wouldnt be an option!!!:confused:
No mention of company car? I thought it was a prize?
Oops maybe it wasnt about a company car then as your right there was no mention of that!!!

I conceed defeat!!!:oops:

[Edited by JayR on 03 January 2005 at 1:34pm]

LOL I cant believe Ive just trawled through all that.

Whoever the mystery race driver might be (is it The Stig?), surely the initial interpretation of his choice has been taken a bit too literally? I mean Im sure an F1 driver whould choose the Megane over his F1 car as the better all round car? None of us really know eaxctly what he said regarding his choice? I mean if youre a racing driver its perefctly reasonable that for an everyday car, you might want to hang up your gloves and drive about with a touch more civilty and relative luxury? Youd regard it as the better all-round car for the purpose of which you intend to use it - you might not want a screaming V6 behind your head when your driving TO the office - right?

If the guy really meant that the Megane was a better car overall - for the same type of driving as the Clio V6 - then Id be very surprised if he was a racing driver at all. Its my guess that the mystery driver chose the Megane because it would better suit what he wanted it do.

Apples for Apples Id imagine the V6 is a far better drivers car than the Megane, but do bus drivers go to work in a bus? Do F1 drivers go to work at 190mph 2 inches off the ground? Do bmx pros go to work on a bmx?...oh wait they probably do actually.

Anyway the point is, the fact that the racing driver chose the Megane for his everyday car, doesnt mean hed like to use it to race in. I think at worst, the thread is just a wind-up, and at best theres just a misunderstanding of the context in which the guy made his choice.

Peace out.

Oh BTW, Id have a 350z over a Clio V6 any old day-o-the-week :D

I was only kidding mate, Ive not driven a V6, let alone seen one in the flesh, so I couldnt comment. Driven a mates Z though, and it would be on my short list if I could afford it.

dk

911 GTS Cab

Well as Ive wasted an hour of my life reading this thread I am going to give my 2 p worth!

Easily the V6, no doubt about it, the megane is reanults version of the Vauxhall Zafira GSi, a family car with a fast engine.

The V6 is a fantastic car around a trac and isnt too shabby on normal roads too!

The megane is probably quite nice for cruising down a motorway all day but show it a few challenging corners and it will fall over itself. The suspension is nothing like that of the V6 ior the 182 with cup suspension for that matter, I would liken it to buying a 182 without the cup suspension - madness!

There is a reason why Renault are bringing out the cup suspension option on the megane, because the standard setupis not up to scratch and who makes a car designed for playing on a track without switchable traction control?????? Again madness, the megane 225 is a taster for what will eventually come along and become a 225 w/cup suspension and it may be worthy of a mention but compared to a V6 it is not in the same league!

I have loads of megane 225s in the short time they ahve been available but I have never seen a MKII V6 on the roads (apart form club members at meets) so that must say something about their rarity.

And I bet that most (not all!!) of the people sl*gging the 6 off against the 225 have never even driven on let alone both of them or even taken them round a track!

Thankyou and goodnight.

Astra VXR 17/05/07

Plenty of people sl*g off the 182 without cup suspension without EVER having driven one Dave so your last comment is nonsense,even more so as its a thread about what would people choose,its not a thread asking people who have driven both their opinion of what is better.

I doubt that having the cup suspension would suddenly change peoples minds and they would suddenly go for the Megane if it had the cup suspension.:confused:

Its a fact the cup suspension makes the 182 handle better but like always you assume (Unless you have actually driven a 182 standard ???) as standard its worse than it is....would cup suspension suddenly make the Megane more of a contender if it wasnt before.....i doubt it.

If you have yet to try a 182 standard properly may i suggest you do so before sl*gging it off again ? You sound like the people you described in your last sentance,sl*gging off without driving one.I doubt you have driven one simply because of your comments,you are off the mark if what others have said about both is true who have driven both on previous threads.According to these people with the experience of driving both there is not the massive difference people bang on about,therefore in the case of the Megane i doubt it would be that big a difference on suspension alone.

Looks like its morphing into a V6 verses 182 thread now.....On&On&On&On indeed Stu....;)

For the record I love the Clio Valver, Clio Williams, 172, 172 CUP, 182 and V6 255 but NOT any Megane.....lol;)

Cant believe this has made 10 pages, whats the odds on making it to 11?...lol

Simon.

Astra VXR 17/05/07

It is an opinion based thread therefore it could run forever :sick:

Well so long as people dispute other peoples opinions it will :confused:

For the record i like the V6 a lot,but would rather buy a 350z ;)

Quote: Originally posted by SimonV6 on 03 January 2005

For the record I love the Clio Valver, Clio Williams, 172, 172 CUP, 182 and V6 255 but NOT any Megane.....lol;)

Simon.

Oooooooooooo.......................well excuse me eh :eek:......................no room there then for a Mk1 V6................oooooooooo :sick:

Cya...................and em no speekin :D

Quote: Originally posted by stusV6 on 03 January 2005

Quote: Originally posted by SimonV6 on 03 January 2005

Simon.

Oooooooooooo.......................well excuse me eh :eek:......................no room there then for a Mk1 V6................oooooooooo :sick:

Cya...................and em no speekin :D

errrr soz, meant all Clio V6s of course...lol ;)

Simon