ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Megane 225 better than mk2 V6

all I mean is my dad sits down and weighs up how much this will cost and that will cost, how much mpg this will get and that will get, how much insurance will cost and that will cost and so on...not being a snob at all?....:(

Simon.

Astra VXR 17/05/07

If we are going to stray off topic again and we are talking a non family car with bundles of EXCLUSIVITY and nice performance....the V6 would not even make my shortlist.;)

IMHO if the above is what i wanted id would not even bother to think of a V6 Clio ;)

Cant believe Ive wasted however long of my life readign this. Personally id go for the v6 as id love one but......

if the prices were the other way round, ie 225 for 27k and the 225 for 17k then obvious choice would be have the megane, sell it, buy the clio and keep the change.

Think personally the racing driver (though really doubt renaultsport would give either away as for winning the 2000 season of the clio cup you won a 172) was a fool for choosing the megane even if just for financial reasons

Quote: Originally posted by Funkyjahooner on 01 January 2005

If we are going to stray off topic again and we are talking a non family car with bundles of EXCLUSIVITY and nice performance....the V6 would not even make my shortlist.;)

IMHO if the above is what i wanted id would not even bother to think of a V6 Clio ;)

B*lls mate, there are only around 200 Mk2 V6s in the UK, you can not get much more Exclusive than that...lol :D

Anyway I am way to much like Jeremy Clarkson I am affraid, to me the V6 is a work of art and the Megane is just "a Form of transport" (people carrier)....lol ;)

Simon.

Forester Sti, SC Clio V6,

And a work of art that was detuned from 270+ bhp (mapping) for warranty reasons - chassis and transmission are fine on a Mk2 - itll take loads more and its RWD so it can deliver.

8!

Street Triple R

I may have missed it somewhere in this thread but can someone tell me who the racing driver was who had this opinion??????

If it was a formula Renault driver, I may know them

Clio 197

Hi all,

Sorry, but Ive been tiling my bathroom... and it looks like Ive missed all of the excitement!

Id like to offer my opinion:

Track/Fun: Clio or Megane?
Ive never driven a V6... but Im getting my second 182 on Tuesday.

All I can say is: the 182 is a much better car to drive, its a real drivers car... If you are a keen driver and like twisty roads, want to hear the sound of your engine, and like to feel what the car is doing, then the 182 wins without question.

The megane is quick, and compared to other fast cars, like the Audi S3 handles ok... but its not as good as the Clio 182.

I remember David from k-tec commenting on the handling of his 225 (when I went to have a look at it). We agreed that the front end (suspension and steering) could do with a lot more work.

For now, I think it should have a Renault badge on it, as opposed to a Renaultsport badge.

This bit is off topic:

Motorway:
I believe that this is what the Megane was designed for (in terms of comfort and acceleration)... but its very thirsty, thus it doesnt make sense on a motorway does it? I cant understand why they dont make a diesel version of it. That would be perfect.

Looks:
Clio V6 is a beauty, so Id rather be in the Vee!

Quality??!!:
Although the materials feel much better, its not actually built any better than a clio. In fact, I have far more rattles/squeaks in my Megane than I had in my 182. The car has a bigger, more flexible shell, with lots more in it, so expect more movement.

Happy new year folks!

Quote: Originally posted by jongsr4 on 01 January 2005
I may have missed it somewhere in this thread but can someone tell me who the racing driver was who had this opinion??????If it was a formula Renault driver, I may know them

Quote: Originally posted by Jeremy Townsend on 30 December 2004
Shame I missed most of this. The only Renault racing drivers who have a choice of company car are our 2 F1 guys - I dont really think the post started about their opinion. We have some development drivers who have 182s. All the other teams have to buy their cars.

Astra VXR 17/05/07

Quote: Originally posted by SimonV6 on 01 January 2005

B*lls mate, there are only around 200 Mk2 V6s in the UK, you can not get much more Exclusive than that...lol :D

Anyway I am way to much like Jeremy Clarkson I am affraid, to me the V6 is a work of art and the Megane is just "a Form of transport" (people carrier)....lol ;)

Simon.
Im sorry to hear that.His taste in clothes is horrendous and he makes regular appearances on Grumpy old men ;)

As for the balls mate bit,i know how few V6s there are,you remind us enough times but its not THE most exclusive car in the country,there are other 2 seaters out there and again IMHO the V6 is not the holy grail of 2 seaters.:D

I personally think the racing driver bit was a wind up, a 172 cup (which I would imagine would put in a similer track time to a 182) was a fair bit slower (2.5 secs a lap) around bedford than a sec gen v6 when tested by the EVO crew and lets face it the megane woulnt see which way a cup or 182 went around a tarck let alone a mk2 v6!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is a wind up thread why you may ask? Because quite simply if you were oiffered two cars (and its quite clear from J Townsend that said racing driver wasnt) you would always choose the more expensive one!

For example if you were offered a renault espace top of the range at £19k and a 182 at £14k you would choose the espace, sell it for 16k, buy a 182 and pocket the £2k

LMFAO

[Edited by brazo on 01 January 2005 at 6:04pm]

LY 200

The trouble with what you just said there tho Brazo is that most company cars cant be sold on so that wouldnt be an option!!!:confused:

Astra VXR 17/05/07

Quote: Originally posted by JayR on 01 January 2005

The trouble with what you just said there tho Brazo is that most company cars cant be sold on so that wouldnt be an option!!!:confused:
Exactly,if i were offered my 182 or the more expensive Ctr id take the 182 ;)

Im sorry to hear that.His taste in clothes is horrendous and he makes regular appearances on Grumpy old men ;)

but its not THE most exclusive car in the country,there are other 2 seaters out there and again IMHO the V6 is not the holy grail of 2 seaters.:D

Yeah my wife tells me that old the time (about my clothes, live in Jeans and tea shirts me) and I would be on grump old men If I could......;)

Never said the V6 was the MOST Exclusive car in the UK did I. just that it is Exclusive....which it is....:D

Simon.

Punto/Clio GTT

its all down to personal preference. whoever wrote that obviously didnt like the megane. i dont like the look of the back of a v6, so ide give the v6 a 4 paper bag rating. ill make a webpage so i can put up an absolutely pointless link if you like?

MKIII 138

Quote: Originally posted by Final_Maxim on 01 January 2005

1.. i dont like the look of the rear end on the v6

hahahaha.... at least the V6 doesnt get a "4 paper bag" rating...lol

http://www.uglycars.co.uk/uglycar.asp?ref=54http://www.uglycars.co.uk/uglycar.asp?ref=54

Simon.

true but the Each to their own isnt it ? be a bit boring if we all looked the same.. i think we have identified i have a different kind of taste in car design (doesnt instantly mean bad BTW)..

i.e the Z-M3 coupe is on that site ? WTF i love the quirky hotrod looks of that thing.. i know from some angles its a bit pap like the megane but 90% of the time its looks great.

http://www.volny.cz/kislik/images/Seriovka/BMW.Z3.M.coupe.jpg

not that ugly.. and

http://weaky.free.fr/images/fiches/fr/renault/Megane_RS_04.jpg

Punto/Clio GTT

Simon V6, dont think ive made a personal attack at you?.. dont think ive insulted you.. think ive said i dont like the look of the back end of the clio v6...... and you come out with that.

I think youve just shown everyone on the site for what you really are eh?

Getting a bit OF TOPIC arent you?

There are some people that like "Multiplas", doesnt make them a nice looking car.....lol

Simon.

Punto/Clio GTT

what do you mean pardon?

youve just asked

"who that girl is in your profile and who that thin armed w**k is giving the finger trying to look hard"

MKIII 138

knew this would end in tears... its always the ass that leads men down the wrong path ! damn you megane

see that post below. thats not a very nice thing to say. but i must admit simon your a little bit up your own arse. still shall we conclude this debate as undecided before we all fall out FFS and then lock the thread. :D

Its true that we all like different things but its also true that most people value other peoples opinions of our things (hence why we dont all walk around naked). With that in mind, most people agree the back end of the megane closely resembles a dogs dinner.

Punto/Clio GTT

:sleep:

im finished with this thread and an idiot who believes noone can have an oppinion of the V6 unless its good.

if you have a bad opinion the person will goto your profile and make a personal attack.

the person also is very very immature for someone in their thirties.

FM

MKIII 138

simmer down you too < LOL its true im your dad simon haha.

how can the back end of a car cause soo much controvesy ? a lot of people hate the back of the 182 and 172 ? dunno why, for my money one of the blandest brown bag geek cars is the honda civic type-r and the other civics there plain dull functional and rakish now rakish is never sexy like a girl with pointy angular features its just not sexy.
what strange thread ? ohh well kept us amused for a bit

Only immature to you pal, because its all people like you understand.

So "Immature mode ON" Im glad youre finnished with this thread, now go away and get yourself to a gym before you do yourself an injury...lol "Immature mode OFF".....

sorry couldnt help it.....:eek:

Simon

Astra VXR 17/05/07

but its not THE most exclusive car in the country,there are other 2 seaters out there and again IMHO the V6 is not the holy grail of 2 seaters.:D

Yeah my wife tells me that old the time (about my clothes, live in Jeans and tea shirts me) and I would be on grump old men If I could......;)

Never said the V6 was the MOST Exclusive car in the UK did I. just that it is Exclusive....which it is....:D

Simon.
I never said you said its the MOST exclusive car in the Uk :confused:

I was simply saying that there are other "Exclusive" 2 seaters in the Uk,and if i was after a car that fits that bill the V6 would not be on my list.;) If my opinion does not meet with yours then tough titties ;)

Its funny how you seem to be unable to grasp that not everybody loves the V6 like you do.There have been plenty of people on this thread alone saying so,without dissing the car or sl*gging it off.You seem to be on a defender of the V6 mission,fair enough if people are slating it but not everybody is.They simply offer that in their opinion they would not choose it if given the choice of one against another car,in this case the Megane.Get over the fact people prefer the Megane,or not get over it and carry on scrutinising anybodies post who does not choose the V6.

You are not the only one who likes to have the last word.

So incase you missed my earlier posts and in honour of your good self who loves to repeat himself.....id choose the Megane ;)

Btw..PMSL that you compare yourself to Clarkson :sick:

Quote: Originally posted by meggerman on 01 January 2005

what strange thread ? ohh well kept us amused for a bit

I reckon its what CraigV6 wanted, thats why he started this stupid thread in the first place, I shouldnt have fallen for it I guess?

Simon.