ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Megane 225 better than mk2 V6

Astra VXR 17/05/07

Quote: Originally posted by SimonV6 on 03 January 2005

Quote: Originally posted by Funkyjahooner on 03 January 2005

would rather buy a 350z ;)

Well go and buy one then....;)

Simon.
No thank you,im more than happy with my 9 month old 182 ;) Which hardly gets used as it is.I struggle to use it and only do so every other weekend and the odd day so dont have a need for another car as well as,because im sure as hell not going to get rid ;)

When i come to change i will consider one though,unlike the V6 which wont be on any list ;)

Clio 1.4, SV650S

woooah i am joining the ive read this whole thread so im gonna add my 2ps worth" club!

Im currently very taken with the meg225. my position is that of a uni student who is going to graduate this year, hopefully go straight into a job earning at least 20k+. I CANNOT AFFORD A V6 (lets make that clear!) but in any case, i have a slow clio and as tempting as it would be to buy a 182 i dont fancy a small hatch any more.

so i like the idea of the megane 225. (i havent driven a 225, only a 1.6 but i liked that)... however these are still going to be on the limits of what i can afford... which leads me to my current way of thinking.

Last weekend i drove a Skoda Octavia VRS 1.8T 180bhp (remap to 230bhp sounds interesting, dont even have to open the bonnet because its done through the diagnostic port too :D) and looking at prices i think it is a very viable alternitive to the meg225. i know im coming from a low powered, rattly french car to essentially a turbo VW but i was very impressed by the whole package, the interior and when giving it some the feeling of the torque as the turbo spooled up... :devilish:

I can see simons point - if you have the money to buy a V6 to use as a weekend car then there is NO comparison with a 5-door family car.

what im trying to say is there are always different options even to meganes and V6s... i wont say a skoda is better than the Vee though!:cool:

FN2 Type R +MK6 Golf

I think the meg has been dealt with un-fairly here...You have a clio that has been totally changed from the floor up to create a brilliant 2 seater that looks stunning from all angles and shifts really well.Isnt there only a couple of panels that are the same as the mk2 clio

The megane only has a bit of kit and a turbo and were compairing the 2 like there close.Try doing the same to the megane and see what happens......Now IMHO if they built this for the road the V6 would look like the poor relation

http://www.renault-sport.com/en/Images/firstrun_ricard_tcm3-6992.wmvhttp://www.renault-sport.com/en/Images/firstrun_ricard_tcm3-6992.wmv

ian

To be fair to whoever the racing driver guys is, hardly any road cars are good when you compare them to a racing car. If this guy has jumped out of a Formula Renault then its im sure his idea of a good road car is a mile cruncher, you would have to agree that the Megane would be better at this.

From the reviews ive read the Megane is nothing more than a cruiser, which isnt suprising given the underpinnings. I personally wouldnt care how easy it is to tune, a V6 would be much nicer..

-Rob

172, Tiguan

How has this endless spam based 10 page load of tripe still going.

Have the mods forgotten what the lock button does?

If the usual spam suspects had started a thread based on a blatent lie anyway it would have been locked on page 4.

Ziel Nurburgring

*In my best phil mitchell voice*

Are you lot still here, havent you got homes to go to?

10 pages of this, sheesh

Astra VXR 17/05/07

Quote: Originally posted by SimonV6 on 04 January 2005

Quote: Originally posted by Funkyjahooner on 03 January 2005

unlike the V6 which wont be on any list ;)

Fair enough then, just like the 182 was not on my list...lol;)

Reckon this is meant to be a Megane v V6 255 thread though?:eek:

Simon
Indeed Simon,

So why mention "for the record" every other Clio in the range if its a V6 v Megane thread lol ;)

This thread has gone off topic more times than a chocolate loving squirrel with belly ache :D

Mark 1 Clio V6

10 pages. Great.

Wasnt a lie by the way. The Megane is the better all round car (going by Top Gear magazines ratings which everyone thinks is the holy grail) and he chose that to be bought by his team. Also said it was no slouch around a track, but for what he wanted it for he chose the Megane. Said the only way hed have a V6 is if it was given 300bhp and hed have it as a second car, but he hardly needs a track car does he?

He said the Megane handled not too badly round a track either, not as good as the V, but still was pretty good.

Simon; when you last ranted at me, you said you loved the mk2 but hated the mk1 V. What has changed?

I shall post my final thought on this;

The V6 is a fantastic car as a toy for weekends and on the track (but how many of you will ever use it for that?). Its looks are unsurpassed. You could say its not much more than a penis extension on wheels or something to brag about down the pub to so called "mates".

The Megane is the better car for normal everyday use. Doesnt look as good as a V but performs just the same on a UK road, still looks better than your run of the mill hatchback IMO.

I want a car for normal everyday use (as did my Formula Renault friend) and have therefore sold my V6 and am buying a Megane 225.

E91 M Sport

First you said:

"He said he tested both the V6 and the Megane round a track for a day each with a few of the other guys in the series and that in his opinion the Megane felt faster and was more fun."

Now youve said:

"He said the Megane handled not too badly round a track either, not as good as the V, but still was pretty good."

Sorry if Ive missunderstood, but it sounds like a contradiction?

Quote: Originally posted by jon_r on 04 January 2005

Have the mods forgotten what the lock button does?

Yeah I thought it would have been locked ages ago?

People keep dragging it back up again just as it seems to have finished, no more replies and it will die away.....:D

Simon.

LOL this thread is comedy gold. Basically all it boils down to, is one guy whos buying a Megane 225 for whatever reason.

The originally stated reasons why The Stig wanted the free Megane, have changed with each passing page surely? Now its the original poster buying the megane, and dropping in a few changes as though the people would forget whats already been said - or have I missed something?

Anyway not having a dig. Its all good fun :D

must be able to make 10 pages somehow.

My mate told me down the pub that a ford focus is so much better than any clio. He is a proffesional raceing driver for Ferrari :D

Quote: Originally posted by TheRoninV6 on 04 January 2005

My mate told me down the pub that a ford focus is so much better than any clio. He is a proffesional raceing driver for Ferrari :D

REALLY :D................you widna be pulling wur leg wud yi eh...........I think maybe you are eh :D

Cya Tom Cruise............strue

Volvo S60 D5

V6 is an ugly looking b*****d of a car, but I can still see why people go for them as they are rare & supposedly handle well (never driven one).

For that kind of money I certainly wouldnt go for a V6.

I think the single best word to describe the V6s looks is "grotesque"

;-)

P

peterh2

Must say I do think the v6 looks awesome and wish I was able to afford one instead of my 182. Would only get one in black or blue though.