ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Megane 225 better than mk2 V6

No probs, their s/c looks quite nice.......wish they had some installation pics though..not much info.

But if you get stuck, drop us a PM as there are some nice things you can do with the new type vortex and rotrex chargers......real space saving.

LY 200

I would pay the money for the mk2 V6 but not the megane im affraid!!!

I would rather go for a Scooby or Evo!!!

Are there any Megane 225 owners who would like to come along to the MONSTER meet (see thread)..................then we can put this to bed eh :cool:

Cya Stu

PS Simon where are you :D

MKIII 138

im not coming standard though.. all your enourmous RWD benefits il be up on engine power to compete.

btw i was looking for supercharged clio stuff earlier this year and i heard of rotrex superchargers what are they all about. easy to fit ?

Mark 1 Clio V6

I am unsure what needs to be put to bed (this thread was just about a friend of mine thinking that the Megane was a better all round car than the mk2 V6 after testing both round a track and chosing to have a Megane), but after I have run my Megane in I would be, if available, willing to go to a meet (that would probably be in early summer then).

This is only about opinion folks. Some like their V6s some their Meganes. I doubt many people who have voiced opinions have tested both cars thoroughly if at all. None of us can really comment unless they have driven both (for more than a test drive with a dealer). I have not commented on my thoughts as I have none (having only ever driven a mk1 V). Once I have had a drive in my Megane I will let you know which is better the mk1 V6 or the Megane RS.

Going by the figures there is next to nothing between them (I am talking about mk1V, mk2V or Megane RS) in terms of performance on the road. Going by kit, practicality and value for money I think the Megane wins it hands down. Going by looks alone the V takes it.

If how a car looks to you is important to you then the V is the winner (that to me was the Vs biggest downfall however - all the attention verges on the ridiculous). If you want something that doesnt look as good as a V but is the same performance wise (for road use) and better in all other departments then the Megane wins it.

Only my opinion of course.

PS; Simon is probably out speaking to his car at the moment.

[Edited by CraigV6 on 31 December 2004 at 2:30pm]

Forester Sti, SC Clio V6,

Ben - I have all my Rotrex install here - brackets, charger, intercooler, pipework. oil cooler, double pulley, Viper induction, TB, etc etc.

£800 and its all yours!!

Cover wont fit with my bracket but you could make a new one intercooler would fit under cover

Mike

Quote: Originally posted by CraigV6 on 31 December 2004

If you want something that doesnt look as good as a V but is the same performance wise (for road use) and better in all other departments then the Megane wins it.

Better in all other departments other than looks? then name them please?

Simon.

Just gotta say, MikeT, your car is awesome mate...CLIO V6 440. proper lob..indeed :D

I only hope to get mine to a CLIO V6 360 myself, but it will be some time I think (untill Novidem get their SC kit up and running?) I hope anyway...:D

Simon.

Mark 1 Clio V6

Better standard kit, better practicality, better value for money.

Same performance wise on a road (remember the limit is 70) give or take a couple of tenths of a second, but on a road you wont notice. Handling might be better on a V for track use, but my car will never see a track!

V6 looks faster than it is.

Megane goes faster than it looks.

I wont be drawn on one of your ridiculous back and forth child-like conversations about how everything you have is better than everyone elses.

Just take it that the above is my opinion.

better practicality

I agree on that one, but then Practicality is not what I need from a V6 255.....;) if Id wanted Practicality Id have got a Scoobie WRX(sti) or maybe an EVO...:D

Simon.

Quote: Originally posted by stusV6 on 31 December 2004

PS Simon where are you :D

I am in South Lincs.....:D

Middle of the country means it easy(ish) for me to get anywhere, as long as I can find the time...lol;)

Simon.

procharger c2 (1000CFM) - the retrax is about 450CFM and is OK with the higher compression (although Id recommend a drop in CR anyway).

Running it at 70000 rpm which is about 850 cfm and still only getting 13psi so the plenum, headwork and exhaust are flowing well - putting it up to 80000 rpm and going 8 rip drive before final mapping. Probably gonna drop max rpm to 7000 and spin the charger earlier and harder as I have an 8.3 CR so no detting with the m800 mapped properly.

Pressure ratio will be about 2.2 and shes 250 before SC. Gonna undergear the AC,alternator,PAS etc as parasitic losses are huge. Shell map to over 400 but runs safe at 380ish with a torque curve you can feel!!!

AIr to water iC does a good job although pressure loss is high - its about 50% effective so inlet temps are about 50 degrees under boost with 12 ambient.

Running a MK2 box with a 4.07 diff which is a big improvement but it could do with a 60 mph first gear and a set of 6 to about 145 (at 7000rpm) - itll fly then. Looking at an EVOVI box modded to a clio bellhousing with a Helix clutch - loads ratios to choose then.

It is now well mental!!!!

So Mike while we have you on here, and you do seem to be the guy to question re supercharging a V6 Clio, can the std 255bhp 3.0 litre engine take a boost to 350bhp with a SC, or do you have to use LC Pistons, new LC and GF heads and so on, or are std going to be able to take it, I am not thinking of going above 350bhp for now, but dont want to blow the engine....

thanks

Simon

Mini Cooper S sport

OK, this is what I got out of that paragraph.....

Quote: Originally posted by Mike T on 31 December 2004

Blah blah blah blahhhh - blah blah blah blah blah OK with the blah bah blah blah blah blah. Running it at 70000 rpm which is about blah blah and still only getting blah blah so the blah, headwork and exhaust are flowing well - putting it up to 80000 rpm and going blah blah blah blah. Probably gonna drop max rpm to 7000 and blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.

Blah blah blah blah blahty blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah.

Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah clutch - blah blah blah blah blah.

It is now well mental!!!!

Looks great anyway :p

You can run about 6psi with a decent intercooler and some ignition r****d and fuel upping!

Id drop the CR if you use boost personally - no risk then.

I broke three pistons running 10 psi on normal CR.

You will still get about 300plus bhp and a good torque increase.

Even Renault changed the pistons for the alpine Turbo/A610.

Anyone that tells you itll be OK to run more is nuts

Mike

Mike, I regard you as the nutty professor of the Clio V6.. ur V6 is insane.. lol. We need more Mike Ts.. if only we had half ur money (or even a 1/4!). I love fast cars, but just the thought of getting in there scares the hell outa me..lol. WOW.

Back on Topic, anyone that thinks a Megane 225 is better for any other reason than practicality is a Richard Head ! LOL. This is a Stupid topic to start with IMO, its gonna provoke every V6 owner as its comparing one of Renaults worst recent cars to their best car! lol. The race driver that chose the Megane 225 is a complete tw*tt IMO, its a complete pile of poo from EVERY review!! Have I test driven one? Nooo... dont even want to stand next to one thank you.

One of the Megane 225 owners wrote on here just a week ago saying what a heap it was.. and warning everyone NOT to buy one as its the worst car he has ever driven.. think he was prepared to lose £5000 just to get rid of it! ..and they handle like a push chair.. not to mention there very disgusting looks... yuk.

(there is a bright side, they have a turbo that can be chipped tho :p which is the only reason a tuning company will say they are good, so you buy one and pay them to chip it! Money in there back pocket!) Just IMO.

Mark 1 Clio V6

Liquidcool

If you can tell me how a V6 is better than a Megane 225 in value for money terms and that a V6 is better kitted out standard than a Megane 225 then I shall indeed change my name to Richard Head. PMSLAY.

You are also calling someone you have never met a complete tw*tt just because he has an opinion that pi$$e$ off a V6 owner?????? Is he not allowed his own opinion? He drove both for a day each and that was his opinion.

Or are you Simons twin brother and you and him do nothing but drive around watching people watch you in his V6?

I think the complete tw*tt is a toucher closer to home Liquidcool!

Mark 1 Clio V6

That is Omars opinion. Which turned out just to be because it costs him too much money as a company car.

I have given you someone elses opinion. Who has actually tested both V and Megane (round a track) and thought the Megane to be an all round better car.

Maybe you should save up and buy a V. Owning one isnt all its cracked up to be. I hope you enjoy it, but I found it to be a pain in the neck and wanted something much more subtle.

I guess to summarise it all depends what you want and the type of person you are.

If you want something that stands out, performs well and makes one hell of a noise and that gets no-end of complete strangers chatting to you get a V.

If you want something that no-one will give a second glance, performs just about the same as a V (on the road), more practical, with better kit and to save yourself 6 grand get a Megane.

Thats what I love about this forum; freedom of expression and opinion. Some on here think that it is not allowed to voice ones thoughts and that a Chinese style communist regime is in place with the V6 as the forum leader!

Come on Simon; we are close to 8 pages here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

If you want something that no-one will give a second glance,

They will!! People will point and laugh! ;) Read the Topic on this thread again, and try not to laugh!!! :D

Quote: Originally posted by Liquidcool on 31 December 2004

Mike, I regard you as the nutty professor of the Clio V6.. ur V6 is insane.. lol. We need more Mike Ts.. if only we had half ur money (or even a 1/4!). I love fast cars, but just the thought of getting in there scares the hell outa me..lol. WOW.

Back on Topic, anyone that thinks a Megane 225 is better for any other reason than practicality is a Richard Head ! LOL. This is a Stupid topic to start with IMO, its gonna provoke every V6 owner as its comparing one of Renaults worst recent cars to their best car! lol. The race driver that chose the Megane 225 is a complete tw*tt IMO, its a complete pile of poo from EVERY review!! Have I test driven one? Nooo... dont even want to stand next to one thank you.

One of the Megane 225 owners wrote on here just a week ago saying what a heap it was.. and warning everyone NOT to buy one as its the worst car he has ever driven.. think he was prepared to lose £5000 just to get rid of it! ..and they handle like a push chair.. not to mention there very disgusting looks... yuk.

(there is a bright side, they have a turbo that can be chipped tho :p which is the only reason a tuning company will say they are good, so you buy one and pay them to chip it! Money in there back pocket!) Just IMO.
haha shi.t comes out of face... speed can be achieved easily. i bet even after 27 thousand pound car and 10 thousand pounds of supercharged wizidary a gsx-r would man pee all over that.. but alas speed is king in a world of homer simpson menatality 7.0ltr big engine ultimate muscle bitches.. but.. and i must add.. for all my life i cant see a standard 255 pulling an inch on a 225 megane rs..

turbos are an evolution of petrol motors, a meganne with £7000 of mods could push around 500+bhp !! 0-60 in high 3s

LOL

missing the point. as an all round car the megane is far better. in fact its newer more complete. v6 is a classic, so are "why did the chicken cross the road jokes" but it doesnt make them good.

all in jest. this topic has run 7 pages awesome ! :eek:

just to add. the megane is an awesome car.

many dont belive it. but look deeper at some real life £££ facts i,e fuel and ins grp and service cost and it adds up + very cheap to make better than v6 performance around a track... isnt it time the 225 got some credit ? after all the v6 is a one man band but still has its followers, whats wrong with taking the 2.0Ts side its simply not that sh*t as most make out !

Nice thread! lol

I am tired, so mines gonna be short.. Ill have the MK2 V6 any day out of these.

Nite nite.

Quote: Originally posted by Zonda on 01 January 2005

Nice thread! lol

I am tired, so mines gonna be short.. Ill have the MK2 V6 any day out of these.

Nite nite.

fair enough. V6s are cool really. :D

Id take the V6. The megane is good for the price but Ive never liked their looks, I can only think some kind of r****d designed them. And those adverts, make me wince! £ for £ no doubt the megane is better, but a V6 in a clio.. cmon ! :)

FWD - high 3s!!!!

Oh Ive pissed myself - gotta go and clean up!

Thats better - now wheres my "physics for dummies" book.

Mike, rather be pushed, T

(will it make 8?)

Quote: Originally posted by Mike T on 01 January 2005

FWD - high 3s!!!!

Oh Ive pissed myself - gotta go and clean up!

Thats better - now wheres my "physics for dummies" book.

Mike, rather be pushed, T

(will it make 8?)

my bad. look at the post time, i was seriously mullard but i did put LOL afterwards i know that would be impossible m8, cant belive i even posted something. still think vs are pointless albiet cool cars.

Quote: Originally posted by cliotuRS on 01 January 2005

just to add. the megane is an awesome car.

many dont belive it. but look deeper at some real life £££ facts i,e fuel and ins grp and service cost and it adds up + very cheap to make better than v6 performance around a track... isnt it time the 225 got some credit ? after all the v6 is a one man band but still has its followers, whats wrong with taking the 2.0Ts side its simply not that sh*t as most make out !

Because it LOOKs SO crap (imho), you can all the things you mention can be got out of a much better EVO or SCOOBIE, if I wanted the things you talk about and the PRACTICAL 4 doors and seats thats the route I would go......then again I like my cars to look awesome too and NOT be Megane shape....simple...

Money, Money, Money, is that all you lot think about? I want EXCULSIVITY and nice performance, the V6 255 gives me that, thanks, I dont want a family car.....

HAPPY NEW YEAR.....only just got up....bit of a headache so please dont shout (to loud...lol);)

Starting 2005 as I finished 2004, defending the V6 .....lol;)

Simon.

fair enough. its crap.. but bet they will be some cracking deals on these as knowone want them. 10k for exdemo stylee !! £10000 saving.

Quote: Originally posted by Mike T on 31 December 2004

Id drop the CR if you use boost personally - no risk then.

Ok thanks for that then Mike, if Novidem get there SC kit up and running I will bear that in mind....:)

Simon.

MKIII 138

Quote: Originally posted by SimonV6 on 01 January 2005

There you go on about money again, you sound like my DAD...lol;)

Simon.

not everyone has bucket loads of money im guessing. dont be a snob :cry:

;)