ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Meg R26.R Vs Rivals in DR Today

123D Coupe + MK1 MX5
Might get flamed for this... but the Type R is in a different class from all of them IMO.

Proper NA Engine which has done better than the majority of the others with forced induction (minus subaru and R26.r)

Last edited:
Might get flamed for this... but the Type R is in a different class from all of them IMO.

Proper NA Engine which has done better than all the others with forced induction, minus the R26.R.

I doubt you will get flamed mate! This is the car the uk should have had all along! I think it just seems to struggle on the torque front! JDM 4 dr ftw imho!:)

Proper NA Engine which has done better than the majority of the others with forced induction (minus subaru and R26.r)

There was never anything wrong with the first FN2 TBH. Most people who hated it let Clarkson drive it for them. Forgetting that 'The Stig' loved it, and that it put in a quicker laptime than the 182.

Turbos.
The Golf is a bit too of an all rounder to compete with most of them on sheer driving ability, doubt there would have been much point.

Audi TT 3.2 V6
How did the Mountune ST manage to keep pace with the 300bhp graham goode ST? Purely down to power and torque curves?

How did the Mountune ST manage to keep pace with the 300bhp graham goode ST? Purely down to power and torque curves?

Possibly allthough I reckon the mountune is pushing more than 256 BHP! And the GGR a bit less than 300 BHP. Addtionally the GGR was a DR members car and the mountune is a press car and Harris can bloody drive! :)

3 x Renaults + Lexus
For a day car the Golf & A3 are the prob best IMO. I could live with the R26-R but would have to have another set of alloys with some more sensible tyres for most of the year

However for driving thrill the Golf is not up at the top. Cant wait to see the figures the R26-R with a remap with maybe 270-290 BHP?

But yet again another magazine putting the R26-R as best of the best

Turbos.
Just read it all, interesting that the Subaru over delivered. I suppose the Civic did too, but for me its far too ugly to be in contention! Having said that, so is the Subaru.

Tappd'd RS
They dont make em like they used to... Evo were not happy with it either but i am sure some decent aftermarket kit will be available

I'm really impressed with how the WRX-S performed in the article. I think it would have been a totally different story if it was purely a track test; it would probably have finished last.

Racing Blue 182 Cup
good article, thanks for posting.
i reckon the r26 is a worthy winner but i think the new focus rs will whup its ass!

good article, thanks for posting.
i reckon the r26 is a worthy winner but i think the new focus rs will whup its ass!

No worries! Focus- Im not so sure, in a straight line maybe however it still has that heavy 5 cyl up front so I reckon it may come second fiddle to R26.R in the twisties! Cant wait for the comparisons though! Can O worms!!

Tappd'd RS
Two very different cars though.

I don't see you taking your mates to the footie in the R26.R :)

I'd still have one though if I had another car for the day to day.

Two very different cars though.

I don't see you taking your mates to the footie in the R26.R :)

I'd still have one though if I had another car for the day to day.

They are different, your right but they are the pinacle of hot hatches though so comparisons will be made.

Ok; how the f*ck did the Impreza WRX-S finish second in that company!

They said if they had to use one of them for a year of normal driving they would have chosen the Subaru!

I presonally think its a bit of a mash it up test, the real test will be between Focus RS, VXR-S/R and Meg in my opinion anyway!!!

And that will make a very good article and read!