ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Ive only done it once before in the dry. Debating whether to run our 16's with Yoko S-Drives or our 15's with NS2-R's. Decisions decisions.

888s for me, go big or go home!

Forecast looks wet at the moment. So I'm planning on putting my road wheels back on tonight. They have Toyo R1Rs on them and they're decent enough.

Can always change them back to 888s if it's not too bad.

Got my old man coming along though, and I don't like the idea of him using 888s in the wet haha!

Last edited:
Had a great day at Bedford on Saturday. It was damp and drying in the morning so I managed to get two decent sessions in before lunch and the old man had one.

After lunch it absolutely chucked down. It was so wet I couldn't be bothered to take the R888s off and put the R1Rs on. I didn't even bother to unbolt the rear ARB. I didn't have a garage and it was too cold and wet to be out in the elements messing around with the car.

Even so the car handled amazingly. I was very surprised at how stable it was, even in the torrential conditions. I expected the 888s to be spitting me out all over the place but they're actually very very good in the wet. Ok there was a bit of aqua planing through the puddles, but this was happening to everyone, not just me. I put it down to the Gripper, it's the only thing I've changed since my last wet track day. You can just hold the throttle on and it pulls you through all the s**t and sorts itself out. Such a great modification for any serious track day guys.

Managed to catch up with Keith @masekwm and take him for a passenger lap. As well as a Porsche friend.

My dad also massively enjoyed himself and had a good laugh during his wet session. So all in all a very good day.

Pics to follow

I fitted a set of the @bristolnate front door cards this weekend, as well as some door pulls I had sitting on my shelf for months. I'm very pleased with how it looks now, it's so much better than a bare metal door.

IMG_0129_zpsuotxl2om.jpg

As i think you have the same ITB set up as mine Jenvy SF and 120mm trumpets what filter do you have? and did you have to predrill the back plate?

( cant rember fully and pictures wont load on the work PC)

I have a Reverie Carbon Fibre 60mm dished backing plate and a Pipercross C604D Air Filter.

I bought the kit second hand so it was already cut.

Another good day at Bedford with Javelin Trackday last weekend. (12th)

Car behaved well and was good fun all day.

A bit more understeer to normal. Which I'd like to try and work out why.

Also a bit of spluttering at times, suspect an injector could be on it's way out, or it could be the coil pack. Will get it on CLIP to see if it shows anything.

aw balls im scared of getting a new one and drilling it out and cant justify giveing jenvey £75 to drill it for me :yum:

If you sell yours or if you do see one give us a tag buddy.

As i've nearly got the rest of the parts to finish mine :D

aw balls im scared of getting a new one and drilling it out and cant justify giveing jenvey £75 to drill it for me :yum:

As i've nearly got the rest of the parts to finish mine :smiley:

It would be easy enough to do mate.

Just put something on the throttle bodies to make a mark on the back of the backing plate and place it up. Then start by cutting very small holes and making them slightly bigger and bigger until it all lines up perfect.

I wont be selling mine, not for a long time anyway lol.

Reference understeer - I think something had been dropped on the track. It was effecting everyone and mines usually quite tail happy there
Thought I saw you going slow at one point. Were you having engine troubles all day?

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200

As i've nearly got
Had a great day at Bedford on Saturday. It was damp and drying in the morning so I managed to get two decent sessions in before lunch and the old man had one.

After lunch it absolutely chucked down. It was so wet I couldn't be bothered to take the R888s off and put the R1Rs on. I didn't even bother to unbolt the rear ARB. I didn't have a garage and it was too cold and wet to be out in the elements messing around with the car.

Even so the car handled amazingly. I was very surprised at how stable it was, even in the torrential conditions. I expected the 888s to be spitting me out all over the place but they're actually very very good in the wet. Ok there was a bit of aqua planing through the puddles, but this was happening to everyone, not just me. I put it down to the Gripper, it's the only thing I've changed since my last wet track day. You can just hold the throttle on and it pulls you through all the s**t and sorts itself out. Such a great modification for any serious track day guys.

Managed to catch up with Keith @masekwm and take him for a passenger lap. As well as a Porsche friend.

My dad also massively enjoyed himself and had a good laugh during his wet session. So all in all a very good day.

Pics to follow
was the gripper that big a difference Martin? I'm deliberating just now.....

Reference understeer - I think something had been dropped on the track. It was effecting everyone and mines usually quite tail happy there
Thought I saw you going slow at one point. Were you having engine troubles all day?

It was more than likely my dad if it was slow haha. Unless we are talking pottering around, which could have been a warm up or cool down lap.

I always do a warm up and full cool down lap every time I go out :)

The hesitation/spluttering wasn't really affecting the performance I don't think.

Was the gripper that big a difference Martin? I'm deliberating just now.......

Massive difference mate. Especially in the wet. More so than I could have expected to be honest.

@Martin. where did you get those leather Renaultsport bucket seats from? they look smart!

I don't have them anymore, I went for lighter fiberglass Recaros.

My good pal @Ant_Smiggy is looking after them now in his beast.

Those door cards look great bud!

Thanks, I was quite pleased with them too.

I finished doing a few small bits to the Clio this weekend. I've put new front discs on, with some CL RC6 pads. First impressions from a road test are that they're awesome, but they squeal like a b**ch!

I also changed over my front shock bolts. The extra width from the slotted washers on the ASTs meant the standard Renault bolts didn't reach through into the nyloc of the Renault nuts anymore. This wasn't ideal and after a long long search trying to find some replacement bolts which were exactly the same. Ant Smith managed to find some from BMW. I purchased four of these and got them fitted as soon as I had the chance.

The bolts before hand.. With a temporary nut on the top bolt which fitted better than the larger Renault flanged nut.
IMG_6299_zpsbovzjeeg.jpg

You can see the nyloc of the nut isn't being used properly here...
IMG_6527_zps6bcwzosa.jpg

New BMW bolts.. Much better!
IMG_0554_zpsgf7uorek.jpg

I also trimmed down my throttle cable, fitted a rubber bulk head bung and a proper solder-less nipple on the end. My last nipple pinged off once before.

BM....

Nah forget it, that's a stupid answer.

Cant judge your humour, but its like the comparison on prices between Renault parts direct and Renault themselves. So its always good to ask.

OK mate, i'll give them a call any idea in bolt size? thread/pitch?

Cant judge your humour, but its like the comparison on prices between Renault parts direct and Renault themselves. So its always good to ask.

OK mate, i'll give them a call any idea in bolt size? thread/pitch?

M14 x 74mm. 1.5mm thread pitch. 10.9 grade. (Perfect match to the awesome Renault flanged nuts)

BMW part number 6764927

I did a few little more jobbies today.

Topped up the engine oil and checked the gearbox oil level was sufficient.

Emptied and cleaned up the catch tank. The residue inside was disgusting and yellow, like stomach bile!

I also worked out that my front discs and pads lasted me 8500 miles. Which I was pleasantly surprised about!

cpaterson76

ClioSport Club Member
  Supercharged AG 200
I did a few little more jobbies today.

Topped up the engine oil and checked the gearbox oil level was sufficient.

Emptied and cleaned up the catch tank. The residue inside was disgusting and yellow, like stomach bile!

I also worked out that my front discs and pads lasted me 8500 miles. Which I was pleasantly surprised about!
Lol..... I get 200 / 300 miles out a set of RC6's.....:)

Fletcher

ClioSport Club Member
I have done around 8k with my set of RC6 pads fitted, and that included 9 laps of the ring a couple of hours around Blyton Park, and a driving trip across Wales, and still have loads of meat left on the pads.