ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

MarkCup's Fiesta ST

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I'm a few weeks in with MR230 fitted now, I've had a chance for it all to settle in and get a feel for it.

My thoughts?

Don't bother.

MP215 is the sweet spot with the ST.

MR230 has lots going for it, f*ck loads more shove at all revs, but the exhaust is getting louder, the heat shield is now rattling from the exhaust resonance at 2,500 rpm, and I get to use the extra it has over MP215 at best maybe 1% of the time I'm sat in it day to day. When I do get to wring it out, it's the same as before, but I have to back off sooner.

I'm sure on track it'll save a tenth or two, but I could honestly happily go back.

It's been a while, few more costs recently, charts and sh*t...

Slide1.JPG
Slide2.JPG
Slide3.JPG

RB182cup&golf gti
Good honest review Mark. I loved the mp215 on my old one and probably would have gone down the 230 route too if I still had it

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
The Mountune exhaust definitely sounds the best at low revs/tick over. Once you start driving they all sound the same. Completely with you on the MP215 is enough argument. Anything more is too much for the road.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Yes it's not exactly a nice tone. Can't you take it off and sell the parts and go back to MP215?

Not possible, I let them scrap the exhaust as it was on its way out...I have the cat still, but that's the main point of restriction and a good 5 hr DIY job to swap it back.

As said above, it doesn't sound anywhere near that bad in real life...but it's there, and having had many many years now of standard exhausts, I miss the peace and quiet.

Peugeot 308
Oh, that exhaust would have ruined my time with my old Fiesta.

The induction was tiring at times, having a Cherrybomb exhaust would have tipped me over the edge :smile::smile:

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
I was having an off day recently...I'm starting to love it now...helped by me giving the ST a thorough clean at the weekend (first time in five months) and loving the sight of it again.

In other news an ST 'Plus' is on the way it would seem. Speculation rife that it'll give 250 bhp but I can't see it myself. 230 at best I think.

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3
In other news an ST 'Plus' is on the way it would seem. Speculation rife that it'll give 250 bhp but I can't see it myself. 230 at best I think.

It'll have the MP215 package and some other fancy bits. Any more than the MP215 would affect their longterm warranty.

Al_G

ClioSport Club Member
  Honda S2000, C63
I love this, really keen to get one as a second car for myself.

How do you find climbing in and out of the back? I might have a baby seat to think about one day soon :(

N0ddie

ClioSport Club Member
  Tesla Model 3

How do you find climbing in and out of the back? I might have a baby seat to think about one day soon 😧

A baby chair for a new/small baby is difficult to get in and out every time. Once they are a bit bigger and can have a car/booster seat then its not an issue at all.

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
It'll have the MP215 package and some other fancy bits. Any more than the MP215 would affect their longterm warranty.

Aye, you're probably right.

For the miles you've done Mark. Excluding the modifications. I think £600 in pretty reasonable to be honest.

Will you be at Bedford this weekend?

Nope, my once a year outing is always mid-summer and Goodwood.

How do you find climbing in and out of the back? I might have a baby seat to think about one day soon 😧

As @N0ddie says, for a small one that needs loading in...tricky. The big front chairs do limit access. For me, with 12 and 7 year olds, it is absolutely fine.

Waitey

ClioSport Club Member
  Alpina D3, AC Cobra
I'm a few weeks in with MR230 fitted now, I've had a chance for it all to settle in and get a feel for it.

My thoughts?

Don't bother.

MP215 is the sweet spot with the ST.

MR230 has lots going for it, f*ck loads more shove at all revs, but the exhaust is getting louder, the heat shield is now rattling from the exhaust resonance at 2,500 rpm, and I get to use the extra it has over MP215 at best maybe 1% of the time I'm sat in it day to day. When I do get to wring it out, it's the same as before, but I have to back off sooner.

I'm sure on track it'll save a tenth or two, but I could honestly happily go back.

It's been a while, few more costs recently, charts and sh*t...

View attachment 148484 View attachment 148485 View attachment 148486
Just made that sheet like you have.

How do you get the P in accountancy formatting?

MarkCup

ClioSport Club Member
Today I performed an MR230 map update via the Cobb Accessport that comes as part of the MR230 package.

I'd heard previously from an owner who had real issues with the running of his MR230 which ended up getting resolved by way of a visit to Mountune, and also, Charlie at Surrey Rolling Road told me at the RR day a few weeks back that he'd had an MR230 owner run that was way down on power and as a result he wasn't in Mountune's good books.

So as it turns out Mountune have released a revised MR230 map...it's not been publicised by them and I only became aware of it from a user on STOC who posted having issues with getting the update to work.

So I tried it this morning, it worked seamlessly, then I went out to give it a run.

It certainly feels a bit sharper, H&T downshifts match better, the throttle response seems keener, I'm going to have to go back to SRR to see if my somewhat disappointing 224 bhp recently (past history there when both standard and MP215 suggested 233-235 could be expected) was as a result of a slightly dodgy map from Mountune.

In other news, the shift arrow is back...but not as I knew it.

Before it would continually suggest at low revs that you should get in a higher gear, it was 100% efficiency driven.

Now, it works just like the beep in a Clio 200 or the shift light in the 172. In other words, kick it's fcuking head in.

That's better.

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Dare I say it, I never really liked my ST that much. The ride was just to hard, don't get me wrong on a perfectly smooth road was great. But on anything but it just bounced and skipped all over the place. Some corners I feel more confident in the 1.2 Twingo I'm driving now than i did in my ST.

Peugeot 308
An automatic MINI in the review.. Really? Talk about biased shite.

Also, matey is obsessed with 0-60 and top speeds... And they finally wrap it up by wanking themselves over a MANUAL Fiesta.

Rubbish.