ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

m4rk7's clio Mk3 1.6 Dynamique S

Mk3 1.4 clio
When i researched it before people were saying it is a straight swap, I woulda wanted to know for certain before buying it though. You could also buy the facelift rear lights too

Yeah that's a good idea aswell never thought of that. Yeah I know what you mean, I definitely want to know if it 100% straight swap before committing to it lol.

Clio MK3 Dynamique S
It is a straight swap but there is a small difference....the fog light and reflectors are located in the bumper with a Phase 2 and Phase 2 GT.
So you will have to modify the wiring a bit to make it work and buy Phase 2 rear lights or aftermarket rear lights.
What I like most about the Phase 2 bumper is that it comes lower to the ground.
Still not sure what I'm going to do though....smooth the original bumper or make the swap. ;)

Clio mk3
It is a straight swap but there is a small difference....the fog light and reflectors are located in the bumper with a Phase 2 and Phase 2 GT.
So you will have to modify the wiring a bit to make it work and buy Phase 2 rear lights or aftermarket rear lights.
What I like most about the Phase 2 bumper is that it comes lower to the ground.
Still not sure what I'm going to do though....smooth the original bumper or make the swap. ;)

Is it a straight swap for a facelift mk3?

Clio mk3
Yeh respraying might be expensive I think though, unless u find a black one.. Is there much diff between facelift and gt rear?

I think it's sits slightly lower and got the exhaust cut out. Only want to do this so when I come to sell the car I can put the old back box and bumper back on so people don't look at it and think 'boy racer' or that it's been tampered with

Clio MK3 Dynamique S
$T2eC16hHJI!E9qSO-StSBRn0+WtSUg~~60_57.jpg

$_57.jpg

Here's the difference between the 'normal' facelift and GT facelift bumper.
Both should fit right on a regular MK3 (Phase I) even though they are from a facelift MK3 (Phase II) :)

Clio Mk3 1.6
Been a boring day today so thought i would take a few quick snaps of the car, this is it without the 16mm spacers at the front. If i eventually get coilovers then ill be putting them back on.

_20140120_153515_zpsf0deb12d.jpg

_20140120_153543_zps83501a95.jpg

IMG_20140120_151557_zpsbfd0d88a.jpg

Really can't wait to get the front a bit lower, I think the rear sits ok though. Probably needed 45mm at the front and 30mm at the back instead of 30mm all round, but the apex springs were pretty cheap anyway.

Mk3 1.4 clio
Been a boring day today so thought i would take a few quick snaps of the car, this is it without the 16mm spacers at the front. If i eventually get coilovers then ill be putting them back on.

_20140120_153515_zpsf0deb12d.jpg

_20140120_153543_zps83501a95.jpg

IMG_20140120_151557_zpsbfd0d88a.jpg

Really can't wait to get the front a bit lower, I think the rear sits ok though. Probably needed 45mm at the front and 30mm at the back instead of 30mm all round, but the apex springs were pretty cheap anyway.

Looking good mate, Definitely took some of that gap away.

Clio Mk3 1.6
Thanks :) actually just decided to remove the HEKO deflectors, been driving a lot at night recently and you cant see through the deflectors at all. Feels like the A-pillars are a meter thick lol

S7u

Clio mk3
Looking good mate, still love those alloys! Did you ever get round to trying the plasti dip?

Clio Mk3 1.6
Looking good mate, still love those alloys! Did you ever get round to trying the plasti dip?

Thanks :) i was gona try it out today but it was starting to get dark. Im hopefully gona try it on my side mirrors tomorrow.

Clio III PH1
Careful, the Phase 2 rear bumper is not plug&play. You need to do a little modifications, nothing serious.

I have the H&R -45mm and they're great. Good comfort for the drop and great riding quality.
Here's a pic of how do the car looks with them.
xdoh.jpg

Clio mk3
Careful, the Phase 2 rear bumper is not plug&play. You need to do a little modifications, nothing serious.

I have the H&R -45mm and they're great. Good comfort for the drop and great riding quality.
xdoh.jpg

Got any side shots mate?

Clio Mk3 1.6

xdoh.jpg

Sits really nice! much better at the front than mines. Thanks for the reply. Are you planning on doing a thread? car looks good

Clio Mk3 1.6
Im running 45 H&R all round mate, I think you seen my thread. Sits good but defo needs spacers, ride quality is good also, I prefer mine now than the standard!

Yeh I have seen your thread Stu, never realized it was these you were using. Think I would put my spacers back on if I got these as it would suit the stance more.

S7u

Clio mk3
Yeah definitely, I need spacers badly but don't think I'm gonna bother, thinking of changing to a 197

Clio Mk3 1.6
Just a small update, finally purchased the H&R 45mm lowering springs so hopefuly get those fitted at the weekend. Can't wait to get rid of that gap at the front!

Clio Mk3 1.6
Will get some picks up soon :) now debating whether to put the spacers back on or not hmmm

Clio III PH1
You'll see it will. Not perfect but a lot better than stock. Start to think on dampers too. I have Bilstein B8 and I recommend them ;)

Mk3 1.4 clio
You'll see it will. Not perfect but a lot better than stock. Start to think on dampers too. I have Bilstein B8 and I recommend them ;)

yeah my mate lowered his golf on springs, within two months his standard shocks were knackered.

Clio Mk3 1.6

oh thats something I didn't think off! Mines is lowered 30mm already and haven't had any problems, so hoping I won't have to spend a lot on dampers. How much did those set you back if you don't mind me asking?