ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Swedish Renault Clio III 1,5dCi project

Hello Everybody!

I am from sweden so my english can be bad some times haha :D

Anyway.. I heard that this forum site was very popular so I said to myself why not register? :cool:

Turned 18 in august and I got a brand new Clio from my parents!

Will do some changes on the car, here in sweden we do not have so much carshows that you can show of your car but ill try my best to show of my Clio on the carshows that will be in april and may 2013 so far.. :approve:

Give me ideas! Really open for all suggestions about what I should do with the car to make it look hooter, better and sexier! :cool:

The things i have already done to the car is:

- Sport-kit on the exterior (diffuser,spoiler etc)
- 17" BBS Challenge wheels with 205/40 tyres around
- Renault Sport steering wheel trim
- Tinted glass all around the car except the windsheld

Yes, I know! The car is hiiiiiiiiiiiigh.. been hearing that alot and thats why i have bought H&R sport springs that will lower the car 45mm. Im not looking for to make a brand new Clio scrape the streets of Sweden.

Here is a picture of the beauty brand new in the store!

And here is a picture of the car how it looks now

Best Regards,
STCCEdition

Suzuki Jimny
Welcome!

Nice car, it's a lovely colour. Will look very good when lowered.

I took my Clio badge off this weekend and it looks much better without it :)

Thanks!

Yes they are pretty nice.. its kind of hard to find some nice wheels here in sweden to my Clio.. found these with perfect ET! =) I have bought red BBS logos now so the carbon ones will be changed to the red ones.. =)

Best Regards,

Arctic 182FF
I like what you've done so far, the BBS wheels really suit it. If i was you I'd take the CLIO badge off, get some chrome/silvervision indicator bulbs all around and maybe spray the badges to go with a colour scheme? Keep it clean. Your English is much better than a lot of people who use this forum! :p

Thank you very much!

I did take the CLIO badge off finally! =) A picture will be uploaded in short.

Well my plans for now is to get some mirror caps that i will paint in black so it will mach the spoiler etc. I do not want to paint the mirrors so i will go with a cap that i can take off when ever i want to :)

Thank you very much, studying English in a higher grade now so I will get some training by writing here all the day haha :)

The car will stand clean and original but with just little mods that will make it look great :)

Best Regards

Hello!

Thanks!

I have seen your car on Instagram believe it or not! I searched for "clio" on tags and your car showed up :)

I wanted a 3 door car but here in Sweden there are a lots of 5 door cars because of the value of the car is a little bit higher if its 5 door car.. dont know why.

That looks awesome! I think i will buy them.. but first I will look for mirror caps to my car that i will paint black.. Some RS-models have black mirrors.. it looks hot!

Well, i believe that the headlight washers comes on all of the clios that are rolling in Sweden, dont know maybe its something that the cars need to have.
But i personally dont like the headlight washers.. heard alot of rumors that it makes the headlights look old in short time.

Best Regards,

Arctic 182FF
Here is a picture of the car without the "CLIO"-logo!

What do You think?!

Looks much better I think.

You can get the indicator bulbs off ebay, just do a search for chrome indicator bulbs, the right fitment for mk2 clios is PY21W bulbs if i recall correctly. However this may be different for mk3s. They're only about £3 a pair though :)

LY 182
I need help!

I can not find any mirror caps to my car! Does somebody know where i can find caps to my car? They dont need to be in a special color as i will paint them in black!.

Best Regards,
why not just take yours off and paint them then put them back on ? thats what i did

Has any1 here changed the huge antenna to a little ones? Is it difficult to change it and where did You buy it?

Hate the felling when i park the car in the garage and hearing the antenna touching the garage door.

Best Regards,

LY 182
Is it difficult to do that? Did you take the mirror of completely?
I never had to take off the full mirror, i just prized off the silver cover part, i did break some clips but it went back on ok,
...... With my antenna i just cut off the long thin bit so its just the stubby bit at the bottom now, radio still works fine on close radio stations, just the signal range isnt as strong

Mk5 Ibiza Cupra
Car looks great buddy and your English is good! Those are the same springs I had on my old Clio too. Love those wheels.

Should get 20mm spacers for the rear, makes it nice and fat looking at the back!

I never had to take off the full mirror, i just prized off the silver cover part, i did break some clips but it went back on ok,
...... With my antenna i just cut off the long thin bit so its just the stubby bit at the bottom now, radio still works fine on close radio stations, just the signal range isnt as strong

How did you take the cover part off? Damn if its possible to do that then the mirrors will be painted in short time! :clap:

Ph2 172 MB 77/468
var i sverige ar du? nara sthlm?

tar din bil til Andreas @ wrapzone (helfoliering) for din mirrorcaps, och saga att jag skickade. (helfoliering)

'12 Clio 1.2 TomTom
Is it difficult to put the covers on? How does it hold?

Car looks great without the clio badge on actually! Did you just heat it up and fishing line it off? And I think Sweden has the law regarding lights being on all the time? Is that right? Might be the case that modern cars must come equipped with headlight washers to ensure good visibility?

Yeah the covers are literally just thin(ish) plastic with 3M foam sticky pads. You peel off the paper and stick it onto the cover then place on top of the OEM chrome badge. Hold it firm for like 30seconds. Mine have been on for about 18 weeks now (according to IG) and still look great, aren't coming loose - even though my car gets jet washed once a fortnight (minimum).

Car looks great without the clio badge on actually! Did you just heat it up and fishing line it off? And I think Sweden has the law regarding lights being on all the time? Is that right? Might be the case that modern cars must come equipped with headlight washers to ensure good visibility?

Yeah the covers are literally just thin(ish) plastic with 3M foam sticky pads. You peel off the paper and stick it onto the cover then place on top of the OEM chrome badge. Hold it firm for like 30seconds. Mine have been on for about 18 weeks now (according to IG) and still look great, aren't coming loose - even though my car gets jet washed once a fortnight (minimum).

Thank you for your reply!

Yes its true.. drive without lights on and say hello to the police officer..

..i didnt heat it up i just toke a fishing line and some gloves on and just lined it off.. didnt left any glue on the paint...

I will make a order for the badges this week and put them on my car asap :D

Best Regards,

Last edited:
  '12 Clio 1.2 TomTom
Thank you for your reply!

Yes its true.. drive without lights on and say hello to the police officer..

..i didnt heat it up i just toke a fishing line and some gloves on and just lined it off.. didnt left any glue on the paint...

I will make a order for the badges this week and put them on my car asap :D

Best Regards,
Oh fair enough. I'm going to think about it a little more.

Are you registration plate lights OEM or retro fitted?

'12 Clio 1.2 TomTom
I hate the yellow light from the registration plate so i change them to 6000k ones :) Looks good.. not so strong light but its alright!

Yeah it looks good. eBay job? Which ones did you buy? Mine don't point the beam as they should. Also, how did you get the bulbs out? Like how did you take the reflectors off?

Yeah it looks good. eBay job? Which ones did you buy? Mine don't point the beam as they should. Also, how did you get the bulbs out? Like how did you take the reflectors off?

I bought mine from a Swedish company called Xenonkungen. If you look at the lights you will see that there is a small hole that you can with a straight screwdriver just pull out the whole reflector. The hard part is to remove the glass to access the lamp .. broke the glass piece on one of the sets. But it worked fine in the end finally.