ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

m4rk7's clio Mk3 1.6 Dynamique S

Clio Mk3 1.6
Hi, so have been registered on the forum for a little while now stealing ideas for my project ;) and so I decided its about time i post my own progression thread. This is my first car, a 2007 mk3 1.6 VVT Dynamique S. Has just hit 40k on the clock.

List of mods are as follows....

Exterior
---------------

16" black/chrome Renault Canasta alloys, custom fit Renault Megane centre caps, painted red brake calipers, 197 front grilles, sx/sport rear spoiler, smoothed rear bumper, colour coded side mouldings, Team HEKO wind deflectors, 16mm spacers all round, and lowered suspension 30mm on apex springs.

Engine
-------------

Fastchp rstuner 98+ RON remap
K&N panel filter

Here are a few crappy pictures I have taken with my phone (or attempted to lol) I will try and get some better pictures up soon with a proper camera.

This is the car only shortly after I bought it:
415526_10150815031554695_146949ssss0495_o_zpsc7684c33.jpg

These are the alloys which i got off ebay:
image_zps396e9eea.jpg

The car as it is just now ... oh and i MS painted the calipers because my camera sucks and didnt pick them up haha =D
cliomk3non-sport16VVTDynamiqueS_zps8dc6b640.png

here is the rear of the car with the smoothed bumper, I'm amazed with the difference this made to the rear of the car, well worth the money if you ask me!
IMG_20131204_1744541_zps28ee2243.jpg

Will make sure to get some proper photo's done soon during the day. Hope you guys like my little project so far, and any suggestions for future mods are very welcome, Thanks :)

Clio Mk3 1.6
Here is a pic of the rear before i got the sport/sx spoiler and bumper smoothed. Still trying to decide whether or not to remove the 'C L I O' badge or not.
Untitled_zps45be94a6.png

S7u

Clio mk3
Very nice mate I like them alloys. One suggestion would be a smaller ariel it Looks quite long in the last pic but that's just my opinion. I would just leave the rest as it is now and enjoy it, you've done a good job. Although I'll be watching the thread to see what else you do :p check mine out sometime if you get a mo :)

goodluck, stu.

Clio Mk3 1.6
Hey stu, thanks man glad you like it. I had actually seen your thread recently and love the color you have done your alloys suits them perfectly! now looking on ebay for a smaller aerial had no idea how big that one was until you pointed it out :p haha will be next on my list for sure

Clio Mk3 1.6
Got some more pictures of the rear of the car, still debating whether or not to remove the 'C L I O' badge from the back, so I have used some of my AMAZING microsoft paint skills and made a before and after picture :)

Before...
IMG_20131213_145733_zps5201b850.jpg

After...
IMG_20131213_145737_zps70fe3d0a.jpg

and another view (Before)...
IMG_20131213_145942_zps54b41d11.jpg

and after...
IMG_20131213_145942188_zps56f1f595.jpg

S7u

Clio mk3
Hey stu, thanks man glad you like it. I had actually seen your thread recently and love the color you have done your alloys suits them perfectly! now looking on ebay for a smaller aerial had no idea how big that one was until you pointed it out :p haha will be next on my list for sure

Thanks mate. Sorry I don't mean to point it out lol, I got a smaller one for mine and it looks much better! I personally like the clio badge but it looks cool on your pic without it. Either way you can stick it back on if you don't like it. How much did it sting you to smooth the rear if you don't mind me asking?

Looks good though that CLIO badge looks like its still showing in your pics through the paint! Smoothing the bumper is perhaps the best mod on these! I'd be looking into some coilovers, still looks high on the Apex

Clio Mk3 1.6
haha ye its just been painted over on microsoft paint on my pc, havent actually done it yet, i totally agree though the 30mm lower wasnt enough. These cars are like SUV ride height standard.

Does actually sit a little lower, this isnt level ground. Ill try get a better pic of the height at the front. Sits just a little lower at the front than the side-on pic suggests.

Last edited:
haha ye its just been painted over on microsoft paint on my pc, havent actually done it yet, i totally agree though the 30mm lower wasnt enough. These cars are like SUV ride height standard.

Does actually sit a little lower, this isnt level ground. Ill try get a better pic of the height at the front. Sits just a little lower at the front than the side on pic shows.

I've seen someone fit their head into the rear arch when it was on standard suspension, his answer was to lower it 100mm on the back!

Clio Mk3 1.6
I've seen someone fit their head into the rear arch when it was on standard suspension, his answer was to lower it 100mm on the back!

I'm actually not surprised! =D not sure why they made them as high as they are, even some of the 197's/200's ive seen on the road look a bit on the high side.

Clio mk3
Very nice at the moment! Like the smoothed bumper! With my Ariel I just cut it down so only the thick rubber bit is on it and still works fine and looks a lot better! Check out my thread of my clio mk3 for some ideas if you like:) I'm still on standard springs till after Christmas though:(

Clio Mk3 1.6
Thanks mate. Sorry I don't mean to point it out lol, I got a smaller one for mine and it looks much better! I personally like the clio badge but it looks cool on your pic without it. Either way you can stick it back on if you don't like it. How much did it sting you to smooth the rear if you don't mind me asking?

Think it cost around £150, had the spoiler sprayed and fitted and the mouldings done at the same time and it cost about £300.

Clio Mk3 1.6
Very nice at the moment! Like the smoothed bumper! With my Ariel I just cut it down so only the thick rubber bit is on it and still works fine and looks a lot better! Check out my thread of my clio mk3 for some ideas if you like:) I'm still on standard springs till after Christmas though:(

Decided just to buy one, was worried i would brake it haha!, only £3.46 on ebay for a wee stubby aerial :) happy with that

Clio Mk3 1.6
So, have been thinking about removing the 16mm spacers at the front because i have a feeling they are making the ride height look a bit worse than it is. Also been considering a renaultsport gearknob i saw on ebay, they are going for about £20, been wondering if any you guys have had experience with them or heard anything about them. I'll try find a pic online of it and post it up

Clio Mk3 1.6
Hi, so firstly happy christmas!! so i thought i would write an update for the future plans i have for the car. Firstly I have purchased the renaultsport gearknob pictured above (my first interior mod for the car)

The other mods I have planned include the need to plasti-dip which I have not actually tried yet. I want to plasti-dip the silver parts of the side-mirrors black, and the renault diamonds front and back black too. Also removing the 16mm spacers from the front of the car so if anyone is interested in buying two 16mm hubcentric spacers then give me a shout and we can arrange a price.

Other than that the car remains the same! so if you guys have any future upgrade suggestions then please feel the need to post a comment, Thanks!

S7u

Clio mk3
Hey mate merry christmas! Hope you had a good one :) can't wait to see how the gear knob looks! I looked at plasti dip before and it's expensive to buy in the uk but it looks good. Also pmd you about the spacers :)

Clio Mk3 1.6
So its been a while since i posted an update since ive been quite busy over the holidays, but i have a few pics i wanted to upload of the stuff i have bought for the car. I actually finally received my new gearknob today and have no clue how to fit it so if anyone has any tips on how to remove the old gearknob then that would be good! As i am completely stuck ;-)

here is the stubby aerial I bought, replacing the huge standard one..
IMG_20131230_160941_zpsdd9tgpqc.jpg

the plasti dip i plan on using on my side mirrors when the weather picks up..
IMG_20131230_164240_zpsdjsfw4kb.jpg

And finally here is the genuine renaultsport gearknob (which i am yet to fit)
IMG_20140103_173749_zpsbuupjrt5.jpg

IMG_20140103_174313_zpsqg69mr7d.jpg

They actually sent me a slightly different design, the one in the picture on ebay had renaultsport written on the top, where as this one just has R.S. But i am not fussed, just want it fitted.

Hope you guys like it, it has a really nice weight to it i must admit, feels very well made.

Clio Mk3 1.6
Decided to give fitting the gearknob another go so this time but all of my strength into it and it finally popped off! Fitting the new one took a couple of minutes just had to fit the new knob to the plastic cover and tie it down with the old rubber band which was used for the previous gearknob and then the hole thing popped on with no issues what so ever. Really love how it looks and feels a lot better too. Here are a couple of photo's. The flash makes the top look kinda grey but it actually is black. Anyway here they are...

IMG_20140105_204952_zpsxhfutum5.jpg

IMG_20140105_210318_zpskxog6fyk.jpg

Hope you like it, have also been considering getting the alloys done gunmetal grey or gloss black as i feel they are a little shiny for my liking with the chrome face.

Clio Mk3 1.6
Just finished cleaning the car so thought id take a little interior shot before its completely dark, still loving the new gear knob think it adds a really nice touch to the interior of the car.
_20140106_160855_zpswedi37a9.jpg

Clio Mk3 1.6
Gave the car well needed clean yesterday and finally got around to properly removing the 'C L I O' badge from the rear. Very happy with the result, looks much cleaner now and less clustered..

_20140116_131701_zps8cc318a1.jpg

Also visited the LEGO store on Thursday and couldn't resist some cool keyrings ;-)

IMG_20140117_180651_zpsed614a3b.jpg

Clio Mk3 1.6
So now that I have completed the rear of the car I decided to make a before and after picture..

Untitledrtrt_zpse25dde5f.png

Mk3 1.4 clio
Gave the car well needed clean yesterday and finally got around to properly removing the 'C L I O' badge from the rear. Very happy with the result, looks much cleaner now and less clustered..

_20140116_131701_zps8cc318a1.jpg

Also visited the LEGO store on Thursday and couldn't resist some cool keyrings ;-)

IMG_20140117_180651_zpsed614a3b.jpg

Yeah that looks much better mate. Like you said less cluttered, I done the same today but took the Renault off.

Clio Mk3 1.6
I need a spoiler for mine big time. I was thinking about smoothing the rear bumper.

I had actually considered getting the mk3 facelift rear bumper before I had mines smoothed, but think i prefer it smoothed now I have it done.

Mk3 1.4 clio
I had actually considered getting the mk3 facelift rear bumper before I had mines smoothed, but think i prefer it smoothed now I have it done.

Yeah it's weird how you say that I'm thinking of doing the same. Get the 1.6 gt rear bumper and the 1.6 exhaust. Just need to know if their a direct swap.

Clio Mk3 1.6
Yeah it's weird how you say that I'm thinking of doing the same. Get the 1.6 gt rear bumper and the 1.6 exhaust. Just need to know if their a direct swap.

When i researched it before people were saying it is a straight swap, I woulda wanted to know for certain before buying it though. You could also buy the facelift rear lights too