ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

LY Clio 182

Ph2 172, 106 Rallye
More and more will start cropping up!!

I noticed a microblister starting on my n/s rear arch last night. Ph2 172. The sight of it has made me want to get rid of the car. I've had my fill of rust after owning a load of minis and 106s, I don't need that ballache with my daily.

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
More and more will start cropping up!!

My 182 on 130k

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Wheels looking good for £180

They haven’t done centre caps yet due to communication error in their part so picking those up Monday. Pisser but never mind.

221686D5-BA00-4359-A500-92F72F19F854.jpeg

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
I agree, it’s the noise that does me in. Might fit the standard cat first and see what it’s like.

Jack!

ClioSport Club Member
I had a Milltek which was very quiet IMO.

Also, if you're not gonna track it etc, adding better soundproofing makes a huge difference in every day use. I think The Boosh or whatever he's called now did it all on his 182 in his project thread.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Went for a good drive today to put some heat in the 888s, all the refresh work has paid off, s**t to a stick comes to mind and changes direction very well ?

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
I don't get the argument that you've over paid, it's a LY for starters and it's not like we don't all waste money on cars. Near enough every time you change cars you lose money on repairs and maintenance that's been done but had little use out of if you get what I mean.

leeds_182

North Yorkshire & Humber
ClioSport Area Rep
I don't get the argument that you've over paid, it's a LY for starters and it's not like we don't all waste money on cars. Near enough every time you change cars you lose money on repairs and maintenance that's been done but had little use out of if you get what I mean.

I think the argument may be is the liquid yellow worth a 1500 to 2000 premium over other 182s. To me it’s not, but I drive a 35 year old volvo so I’m not in a position to judge.

DomP182

ClioSport Club Member
  ph1 172, Arctic182
I'm sure it would be a good investment if kept to a low mileage and stored in a temperature controlled garage but then that's criminal in my eyes, the whole appeal of 1*2s is the drive

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
I wouldn’t of touched this car if any other colour, complete f**king money pit. However now for a average priced LY I have a very sorted (mechanically) LY 182 which I’m using daily. Color is awesome on the 182 but weirdly looks s**t on the R26 ?

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
I was offered a good LY with 71k on the clock, they wanted £7500 for it which is a lot. Imagine paying that and having to do a suspension refresh on top. f**k that.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Changed all exhaust mounts today as they are fucked, rears were a c**t to bolts seized, nothing heat couldn’t sort. Need to figure out how I move the rear box slightly to the left so centered.

Went to collect centre caps, paint match was a joke so they are re doing them. All kinds of excuses, don’t give a f**k just sort it out.

New drivers side shaft being fitted tomorrow, can’t be arsed to do it myself.

R-Sport.

ClioSport Club Member
  Mint 1*2's for sale-
Ive got a few products in the garage to show you for your seats

Plus If that were me on that exhaust I would rub it down & paint it

B77ED8A3-7583-48A6-B316-8312AE717AA1.jpeg

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
On average whenever a LY comes up for sale its ~£5k

I dont get how Ant has overpaid at all? I'd have paid £3k all day long because it's never, ever going to go down in value in that colour! Same with Petrol Blue, they're that few and far between that they're more of a collectors item than a trophy ffs

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Well its like the PB clio that was advertised recently. I was going to buy it as an investment type of thing. I was the first to see it, but sadly wasnt for me so I walked and now its sold. There is always someone who will buy it.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Yes I guess your right, tbh the good thing about the paintwork not being tip top is that I can use this car and not have to worry about chips etc. All the other cars are immaculate in and out and even though i use them (weather dependant) i always worry about picking up damage.

So with the LY I can relax inside a nice cabin with a mechanicals sound 182 and enjoy. When I’m done then and only then will go to town on the exterior.

It’s a belter to drive that’s for sure.

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
I can guarantee if you got it nice and cleaned it up it will sell for £5k before the day is over? LY 182 change hands so fast and so often its hard to keep up anymore?

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Got the caps back, not that impressed with match. Maybe I’m asking to much, fronts are fine, rears are darker.

f**k knows, they said they would do them AGAIN but I’m getting fed up now.

106881DD-6A8D-4AA8-9DF0-8F2A5EE6A13B.png

Crayola

ClioSport Club Member
Got the caps back, not that impressed with match. Maybe I’m asking to much, fronts are fine, rears are darker.

f**k knows, they said they would do them AGAIN but I’m getting fed up now.

View attachment 1412951
Painting them is an arse because they're plaggy. Although even I can can see from that pic that the colour match is dogger?

If it fails a 10ft test that bad then I'd take em back and tell them to get the colour match scanner out mate

JamesBryan

ClioSport Club Member
They need to paint them at the same time as the wheels or get the paint mix abolutely the same as what was used.

Anything else and they'll look different.

Painted plastic does tend to look a little different, but not as much as in your pics.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
They need to paint them at the same time as the wheels or get the paint mix abolutely the same as what was used.

Anything else and they'll look different.

Painted plastic does tend to look a little different, but not as much as in your pics.

That’s what I said but apparently they know best as the powder coat used is from same batch.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Ahh so the wheels are powdercoated and the caps are painted?

Originally yes, thaen they powder coated the centre caps using same paint mix. It’s almost like they didn’t paint two of the caps and left them the same color.

Here is the other side.

4B9FCFBD-8F47-4E28-A8F6-BC2BC46D6F0E.jpeg

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Didn't know you could powder coat plastic :unsure:

Thought it had to be metal as it's an electrostatic process.

No idea only going by what I’m told. They have done three good refurbs for me, this might be the last. Let’s see what they do next.