ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

LY Clio 182

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Dropped the price to £3500 and I’ve got to be honest it will have to stay if it doesn’t sell for that. Not insulting myself by letting it go for peanuts just because of a coupe of dents.

Clio_fool

ClioSport Club Member
I'm shocked it's not sold at £4k. With all the bits you've replaced iit's a bargain ly. How many stupid offers have you had on it?

Last edited:

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
I'm shocked it's not sold at £4k. With all the bits you've replaced iit's a bargain ly. Hoow many stupid offers have you had on it?

Loads for 3k, I know it’s going to be a tough sell and I’m genuinely being harder on the body work than i need to.

The amount of people that have come up to me at work, gym etc and commented on the car is unreal. Far more then any other car I have owned.

MattRS182

ClioSport Club Member
  #3 PH2 172 Flamer
This is great value, I think the paint matching to sort the dents scares a lot of people

Rojer

ClioSport Club Member
Tbh i thought about messaging you about the car at one point, but didn't want to insult you at £3k.

Golf 7.5R & Clio 200
Mechanically it sounds sorted. The body work would put me off - I'd be worried about sorting the dents and then having to essentially paint half the car (Bonnet/rear quarter) and it looking weird after.

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50
How’s that? ?
Because I really want it.. and had a lot of conversations with people about whether I should/shouldn't - don't know if you know my clio history, but I had a LY from new (and it always will be my favourite car) But im an anal tart and of course want the outside to be perfect.. which everyone tells me im more than capable of sorting blah blah..

45D16750-82BB-4A9B-A659-9671837C95EF.jpeg

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Mechanically it sounds sorted. The body work would put me off - I'd be worried about sorting the dents and then having to essentially paint half the car (Bonnet/rear quarter) and it looking weird after.

Same as any other Clio tbh. One side you don’t even notice them.

All i know is that the LYs are getting harder and harder to get hold of.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Because I really want it.. and had a lot of conversations with people about whether I should/shouldn't - don't know if you know my clio history, but I had a LY from new (and it always will be my favourite car) But im an anal tart and of course want the outside to be perfect.. which everyone tells me im more than capable of sorting blah blah..

View attachment 1423013

Looks awesome!

The exterior is what the car needs to finish. It’s still presentable but obviously would be nice to get it done.

As I said further up, the LY is getting harder and harder to find.

RB 182 FF
Yeah £500 to sort both sides. So not horrendous but no point doing if I’m selling.

Ant have you got in touch with any PDR technicians? I don't know what your quote is for but my mate uses a PDR tech regularly for all his cars and they'd pull that dent by your rear light for about 80quid! You could just get a pot of touch up lacquer to go over the cracked paint and it'd be golden... ?

Hollidog

ClioSport Club Member
Looks awesome!

The exterior is what the car needs to finish. It’s still presentable but obviously would be nice to get it done.

As I said further up, the LY is getting harder and harder to find.

I've scoured the pictures in this thread and can't find these dents, can someone point them out to me?

RB 182 FF
My PDR man said he couldn’t do it ?‍♂️

Hmm that's interesting, maybe he's afraid the paint will split.. ? Hard to see from the pics but I've seen far worse dents than that pulled out before my very eyes... Could be worth trying someone else... ?‍♂️

MattRS182

ClioSport Club Member
  #3 PH2 172 Flamer
Im getting more and more tempted by this. Want a lowish milage if im honest. Where about are you?

RB 182 FF
The one downside to awesome colours like LY, RB and PB is being able to colour match... I've tried 3 different types of touch up paint for my RB and none match exactly, I presume the colour 'ages' over the years... ? I'm sure the dents are holding this car back, it's otherwise superb!!

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Im getting more and more tempted by this. Want a lowish milage if im honest. Where about are you?

I get the low miles thing but it doesn’t always matter as-long as all the wear and tear parts have been renewed, which they have. I guess if it was sub 60k it would be 7k upwards.

Based in Salisbury, Wiltshire.

RB 182 FF
I'd never get hung up on high mileage with these cars, it's purely down to maintenence..! I've been looking for a circa 2k Clio 182 for a daily but the one thing that puts me off is the cheese gearboxes...! I had my RB182 box replaced a few years ago and the whole history of the car before hand was excellent with caring owners... Gearbox, clutch and a couple of otber bits cost me £1800!! I'd say my 112k RB with a 15k Gearbox and clutch is a far more sound purchase than other low mileage cars out there with none of this work..

deanoE30M3

ClioSport Club Member
I get the low miles thing but it doesn’t always matter as-long as all the wear and tear parts have been renewed, which they have. I guess if it was sub 60k it would be 7k upwards.

Based in Salisbury, Wiltshire.

Like this one,

David Stuart

ClioSport Club Member
Looks a decent car.

I’ve just sold one of my classic minis (pending collection) and considering getting a good road going clio with some of the money.

Going to miss the wee guy but never drive it.

43b27a124380faac5496849d40884806.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Looks a decent car.

I’ve just sold one of my classic minis (pending collection) and considering getting a good road going clio with some of the money.

Going to miss the wee guy but never drive it.

View attachment 1423888

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks nice!

Good mate of mine is a mini nut so has a few, he’s got a awesome clubman turbo van.

Ant1

Brembo! Brembo! Brembo!
ClioSport Club Member
Can’t believe I’m f**king doing this,

£3200 with the turinis.

I’ve told the wife that’s it now, if it doesn’t sell for that it will be parked up until the values even out and the garage will have to go on hold until I get the space back.