ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Lowering springs, guidance needed

Arctic 182FF
Would it be completely retarded for me to buy these lowering springs?
http://www.carparts-tuning.co.uk/en...High-Tec-fit-for-Renault-Clio-B-C57-oxid.html

At a price like that it seems way too good to be true, so I assume there is some huge catch that I'm missing? Can you just get new springs without altering the rest of the suspension system? Are these the world's worst springs?
I'm only looking for it to be a purely cosmetic thing, I don't plan to be tearing it up in my little 1.2, would just like it a little lower, hence why I'm looking for a cheap option rather than forking out huge sums for coilovers

Any advice greatly appreciated, thanks

TTRS & V50
Do it, bargain, they are FK too, a known brand.

No you do not need to change anything else, buy those springs and get them fitted !

Fiesta ST-3
Christ buy them. If they turn out to be awful then whats £14 down the drain. I'd say they are reduced as they have a shed load of them sitting around.

Arctic 182FF
Thanks for the feedback, this is great news! Any ideas on roughly how much it would cost to get these fitted?

Arctic 182FF
Ah yeah just read that you don't need sports shocks with these as they're only 35mm drop. I can't tell from the description, is this for the full set or just the rears? May have found a friend of a friend who may be able to put these on for me :)

Good price that but iirc clio B/C57 is actually a mk1 so will only be fronts as the rear is torsion bar

Arctic 182FF
Ok thank you for that, thats a real shame, they came up when i typed in renault 2 (B) :( Cheapest ones on the website for mk2 (B) are £56 (BOO!) thanks for the input though everybody, saved me from making a rather silly, rookie mistake :eek:

Arctic 182FF
However on the specification it says Vehicle Model: Clio 2 (B) :/ which is it do we think?

clio 1.2 dynamique
So these are definitely worth buying? My car is broke and is currently a non runner, hopefully getting it fixed tomorrow, but I was gonna buy these to put on at a later date :)

Arctic 182FF
Devastated. Ah well, just hope another unbelievable bargain comes along... that's totally likely right? :p

Arctic 182FF
Anyone have any ideas for ridiculously cheap lowering springs for a mk2 clio by any chance? worth a shot

TTRS & V50
Ok thank you for that, thats a real shame, they came up when i typed in renault 2 (B) :( Cheapest ones on the website for mk2 (B) are £56 (BOO!) thanks for the input though everybody, saved me from making a rather silly, rookie mistake :eek:

Anyone have any ideas for ridiculously cheap lowering springs for a mk2 clio by any chance? worth a shot

Your going about this the wrong way. Suspension is a vital part of a car, you do not want cheap, period. It just so happens these were FK, so was a good shot.

Your squirming over £40 between the two springs, really ? Forty pounds..

Arctic 182FF
Your going about this the wrong way. Suspension is a vital part of a car, you do not want cheap, period. It just so happens these were FK, so was a good shot.

Your squirming over £40 between the two springs, really ? Forty pounds..

I'm a student. What more can I say? I happened to stumble across these FK springs whilst looking at other parts on their website so I thought I'd ask if they were worth getting. I'm having a year out between college and uni next year so will hopefully have some spare cash between saving for uni to spend money on my car.
I asked because I do realise how important suspension is, it's I have very limited funds at the moment. Yes it may only be £40, but that is actually like a 250%+ price increase, when you get into those sort of terms it is a rather upsetting difference